Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

To help make things easier we’ve decided to setup google forms for submitting new Scene Naming exceptions. This will let us manage this a little better as well as have an easy to view list so people can check if something has already been requested. We’ll update the submissions view once we have added the exception. I have setup a daily notification when a new submission is made (I’ll get an email once a day), but if its been a few days and we haven’t added it, please let us know here or on IRC.

If the alternate name is listed on the series details page in Sonarr then the alternate name has already been added and making a second request will not solve anything (but will waste our time as we need to verify every name submitted), please double check before adding to the list. If there is an issue with the existing alternate name, please respond to this thread with the details and explain why its wrong.

• If the title is the exact same in both columns your request will be rejected
  • If the issue is for an anime series, it will be rejected (Thats what TheXEM is for)
  • If the issue is numbering (season/episode) and not naming, it will be rejected (Again, thats what TheXEM is for)
  • If the release has the year the season started airing(QoQ releases), it will be rejected
  • If the conflict was already added, 2 hours or 2 years ago, don’t add it again, look before you add it. Aliases that have already been added to Sonarr show at the bottom of the series info on the series details page
  • If your previous request was rejected, open a thread on these forums with more information to explain why you think it should be reconsidered
  • If the release is poorly named (mixing quality into the title or no parseable information, such as season & episode number, date, etc) then we can’t help

You can submit new mappings here:
The Form

And view all the submissions here:
The Submissions

As always, let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like
Any way to search for a specific show in a different way?
Alternate naming
TV Show + TVDB Database Requests For NZBDrone
Wrong year for Series?
Jail: Las Vegas not importing
Shows where the release name doesn't exactly match the Series name in Sonarr
The Librarians - Series title mismatch
Any way to change Name of Series Sonarr look for on indexer
Can't import new series only existing works
Series Identified Sometimes with Indexer
Manual Episode Option
19 Kids and Counting - No Results
Add parameter to search for alternate naming difference?
TV Serie missing name
LEGO NinjaGo: Masters Of Spinjitzu downloaded as NinjaGo: Masters Of Spinjitzu, not post processed
Another "No matching series"
Just switched to Sonarr. Having a few perplexing problems
Agent X 2015 - Sonarr not finding/snatching episode
The Late Late Show With James Corden
Bordertown not finding episodes because it's 2015 not 2016
Teen Mom OG / Teen Mom
Unknown Series for Outsiders
Unknown Series : Release Rejected
Unknown series - Versailles
Not able to find correct show titles on Sonarr
Sonarr Not Running Post Script on Particular Series
Sonarr is unable to download episode - Says unknown series
"Unkown Series" for Mayday
Show Not Found with Indexers
Feature Request Please
Sonarr not picking up Roosterteeth's Day 5
New show won't download due to Sonarr saying it's an unknown series
Sonarr not finding any "Whose line is it anyway?" episodes
Series mismatch
Daily shows not being grabbed
Sonarr has a problem with the Heartland series
An old bug came back - Unknown Series on Manual Download
"F*ck, that's Delicious" Search Failure
TV series search string
This Life episodes matched as "Unknown series"
Search results incorrect for TV show 3%
Netflix Show 3 percent and search
Newly added season to tvdb isn't appearing in Sonarr
Sportscenter shows as "unknown series"
Sonarr search too specific on Series "Monster Strike - The Animation
Weekend Update - the snl show not working
Can't find anime with English title
Add shows with forregin names?
NZBDrone not completing processing
New to Sonarr, working solidly except for it refusing to import downloads of one series
No download option
Disney Shorts/Mickey Mouse Naming
Option to pick a language or lock show current info downloaded from thetvdb
Show Title/Season # Mismatch
Food Safari not being detected
Slasher Season 4 named Slasher Flesh & Blood Season 1
Release Rejected - The Moaning of Life
Tracked download status is: Warning, skipping import
PBS Frontline, thexem
Wrong series name after Parsing causing failed import
Torrent indexers not finding results
Sonarr being able to find Coronation Street
Unknown Series from Manual Search
Wheeler Dealers problems
Manual search results for torrents don't have download icon
New to Sonarr, working solidly except for it refusing to import downloads of one series
How to deal with scene name vs. thetvdb name inconsistencies?
Series Title (YEAR) - Indexers Searching Issue
Strike Back detected as unknown Series
Please add alternative name: Review With Forrest MacNeil
Series Matching Error

Awesome!

Would this include cases where it seems a show should be treated using date-based episodes rather than number-based episodes? NZBDrone is not finding Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon episodes and I’m not sure the appropriate way to report things like this. Thanks!

TVDB ID# 85355
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=85355&lid=7

Example NZBs:
Jimmy.Fallon.2013.07.26.Liev.Schreiber.720p.HDTV.x264-aAF
Jimmy.Fallon.2013.07.22.Howie.Mandel.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD

It doesn’t, but there isn’t really a process for “daily show” issues. I have added Jimmy Fallen. It should update on your end when the episode date refreshes (every 12 hours).

Awesome. Thanks!

Also I think it could be nice to be able to do this from nzbdrone. In the “Edit Series” dialog, we could have a manually overide series name field. This could be usefull for most foreign series and animes series.

Btw great job on NZBDrone V2. The first version was not enough to make me switch from sickbeard but V2 is awesome, especially the manual search feature

3 Likes

Likely we’ll add some way to submit it from the app, but we have no plans to allow it to be manually set because for some series there is more than 1 alternative name and by doing it in a central place we can fix it for everyone.

1 Like

I submitted an entry to fix an incorrect mapping for Low Winter Sun. The original submission in the Submissions spreadsheet has The Scene Name and The TVDB names reversed. I just wanted to explain why I submitted it when it already exists.

Thanks

Actually the issue is they have since reversed the naming, S01E01 uses the scene name with US and S01E02 doesn’t and the TVDB added US to the name…

Fixed now, thanks for explaining @NFZ4m7u6 probably would have missed that one.

Can someone delete my submission for The Guilty (2013). I think someone beat me to it. Sorry about the duplicate.

@shedrock - by about a week :stuck_out_tongue: Just marking it as complete.

Just submitted a request for Wonderland :wink:

Just added a request for Dragons: Defenders of Berk.

1 Like

@jason28 said:
Just added a request for Dragons: Defenders of Berk.

1. I get alerts when someone submits a new request, I don’t need a second alert from the forums. (@w0tha)
  2. I don’t see a single release with the title “Dragons: Defenders of Berk”. “Dragons: Riders of Berk” is there (drone removed all spaces and special characters and then converts to lower-case when matching, so it will match). If you have a specific example, let me know.

Defenders of Berk is the new subtitle for the series. The new season just started on Thursday night. Here is the release that I have: Dragons.Defenders.of.Berk.S02E01.Live.and.Let.Fly.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.AAC2.0.H.264-iT00NZ.

I have added…

QI.S11E03.UNCUT.HDTV.x264-ANGELiC

to the list although I dont really think it should be in there as it is not a “true” series name so dont think it can be mapped the same way?

@jason28 - thanks for clarifying - it added now.
@Harroguk - Its just going to get picked up as QI, its not going to check the episode title.

Nevermind.The.Buzzcocks.UK added to the list.

@Harroguk - Feel free to bump this if its been a couple days and I haven’t added it, but I already get alerts from the Google doc, which means I get 2x the alerts when you also bump this post.

No problem, I didnt know if you had alerting set up on the DOC, I wont bump anymore, it just looked like that was the done thing by reading the thread.