New to Sonarr, working solidly except for it refusing to import downloads of one series

I’ve been using Sickbeard for some time now and recently had Sonarr suggested to me. I’ve set it up on my WHS 2011 as a service and then added a few new series I wasn’t downloading, and moved a couple of series from Sickbeard to Sonarr. So far, things are running really well and I think Sonarr’s interface is much nicer plus the application itself seems much more flexible (has features in it that I had asked for from the Sickbeard dev but was told it wasn’t going to happen).

So anyway, all the series are downloading properly, and all of them are being processed/sorted properly except for one. Hindsight (2015) will download as it should, but it will stay in the download directory and Sonarr will not rename/move it. Once I move it to the Hindsight directory manually and add the (2015) to the filename, I can hit the preview/rename button and it’ll find the episode and rename it properly and it gets added to the series list. Before and after filenames:

Before (as downloaded, no editing): Hindsight.S01E10.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4
After: Hindsight (2015) - 1x10 - Auld Lang Syne.mp4

So I’m guessing maybe the (2015) is causing the issue, but Sickbeard has been able to process files like this, and I’m guessing Sonarr has some mechanism to cope with this as well. So, any help would be appreciated… I want to fully move from Sickbeard to Sonarr but need to make sure it can grab everything before I do.

I’m assuming its sitting in Activity -> Queue with a warning message saying there is a title mismatch (given the info provided), so it just needs an alias added, you can read more about the process here: Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with and we’re glad to hear you’re liking Sonarr so much.

I actually don’t remember there being anything in Queue at all… In history you can see where it found the NZB and sent it to the download client, and Sab did download it into my central download folder, but then Sonarr just never picks up on those episodes and does anything with them. Everything else so far has worked like a charm, just not this series.

Did you set a category in nzbget for TV and set the same category in Sonarr’s nzbget settings?

I’m using Sabnzbd… And considering all the other TV shows and anime are working properly, I wouldn’t think a setting like this would make a difference?

Have the same issue. As soon as the download (torrent in this case) is done, sonarr looses track of it.

Sorry, misread that. Given that you said there is nothing in Sonarr’s Activity Queue it lead me to think Sonarr/SAB were misconfigured. Is there anything in Activity Queue for this episode? It sounds like a naming issue (Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)) but if its not in Activity -> Queue make sure a category is set for TV shows in SAB and Sonarr is set to use the same category. Don’t use Drone Factory for importing from SAB.

Please open a new thread with info on which download client you’re using and the trace logs.

Now see, I am using Drone Factory for the imports… I had SAB configured for Sickbeard originally, so I left it’s config the same and set up Drone Factory to grab everything (considering it’s worked this way all along and seemed like that was what Drone Factory was for)… Also use the same directory to drop episodes in that I’ve downloaded manually so I can let Sonarr process them for me.

Why should I NOT use Drone Factory for the imports, and how should I set it up if I don’t? And I saw categories mentioned, I do have categories set for all non-foreign TV episodes and for anime.

Bump for Markus… Just hoping for some clarification as to how my setup using Drone Factory for all imports isn’t ideal and what I should do instead?

Drone Factory is the legacy import method, its been replaced by Completed Download Handling (CDH), which reads the completed downloads from SAB, waiting for any scripts to run and then imports.

As long as SAB and Sonarr are on the same machine Sonarr will have no issues importing files, if they are on separate machines its a bit more work to setup a remote path mapping in Sonarr to map the paths that SAB reports to something that works on the machine running Sonarr, but its worth the extra steps.

At this time this is the only reason to use it (and the only way we recommend it being used).

Both apps reside on my WHS 2011… I have both running as a service, and a separate hard drive that the downloads go to (Downloads, and then complete and incomplete folders within). So all completed downloads go to “complete”, and that’s of course where I drop any manually downloaded files to be processed. So that being said, what should I change or configure for optimal use by Sonarr? So far I’m loving the app, at least IMHO much more flexible and user friendly than Sickbeard (not trying to slam SB, it did the job for years, but looks like Sonarr will suit my needs better). So if you can maybe just give me a couple of pointers on how I should set it up that would be awesome…

Change Drone Factory to a different folder (or nothing at all).
Make sure Completed Download Handling is enabled.
Setup a category for TV in SAB and make sure Sonarr is using it as well.

If that show continues to fail to import, check Activity -> Queue in Sonarr (the icon on the left) and debug logs to see why its not imported.

Ok, thank you for your input… I will work on it. I’ve never used categories on SAB or anything, but it doesn’t sound like it’s rocket science to set up… :wink:

Does Drone Factory monitor subfolders, or just the folder you point it to?

Just the one folder, it will process files put directly there or in a subfolder named after the nzb.

Ok, so I set up an anime category, but I want to also set up multiple categories, how to I add multiples to the download client config? I’ve tried separating them by commas and by semicolons and it doesn’t work.

Nevermind, I realized I was making it more complicated than it needed to be… I just added one category in SAB with multiple tags and then added that category to Sonarr, seems to be working great now.

One question about drone factory; As the category creates it’s own sub-folder within “completed”, I can still keep “completed” as the drone factory folder as it will ignore the subfolder the category creates, correct?

It would be better to change drone factory to another folder /completed/drone factory would work.