TV series search string

Hey guys,

I haven’t been able to find out how to specify the TV series search strings.
I have one show “Avengers Assemble” which has been renamed to “Avengers Ultron Revolution” but indexers still only have/use the original name.
Sonarr in turn only uses the original name to search and doesn’t find anything (as expected).

It would be nice if Sonarr would support a list of keywords that could be used as alternative or replacement search strings for each series. I remember SickBeard has that and it’s quite useful for these types of situations.

We do have a list:

I’m pretty sure that alias is already added, at least for some of the seasons. You can hover over the episode number on the series details page for per-season aliases and the series wide aliases are shown under the series overview on the same page.

Cool. I did not know about the list. However, the current naming scheme does not work. It also seems odd that this is not available to set by the user.

Could I ask why you’re deciding to go with something like the Google List instead of a form field in the series settings where users can simply enter whatever they want? It seems like a very minor feature, although I could be mistaken.

Thanks

There is a 100% chance it would be used wrong by people and lead to screwing things up and support hell. It also means it can’t be fixed once for everyone (which means user’s would need to set it themselves and we’d have to support having people actually doing that).

Same reason as above why we don’t let user’s set their own, though we do want to make it easier to submit requests for new names to be added, just not at the top of this list to do right now.

I see. Well this is entirely up to you as developers. But just in case I didn’t make myself understood, I was suggesting that a form field exists that would only be considered if it’s not empty. If it is empty then current mechanism would apply. Also this could be hidden behind an advanced toggle (like other settings are). I don’t see why that would need more support as users could just be advised to clear that field if something is not working.

Anyways this is just my two pence.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.