Sonarr has a problem with the Heartland series

Sonarr has a problem with the Heartland series and I think it’s because of the naming at The TVDB site (or whatever site Sonarr uses). In “add series” if you search for Heartland 2007, there will be 2 results - Heartland (2007) and Heartland (2007) (CA).

I add - Heartland (2007) (CA) but Sonarr doesn’t add any folders for it. So I manually create it - E:\TV Shows\Heartland and add the path in the series EDIT page. From here, I set Sonarr to watch season 1. It refreshes but doesn’t find any episodes.

I manually downloaded Season 1 and added it to the Drone Factory folder. Sonarr ignored it. So I dropped it into Sab’s watched folder and waited for the downloads to complete. Sonarr again ignores the files.

So I renamed them manually (Heartland S03E01…) in the Drone Factory folder and selected “Manual Import”. It scanned and listed all the files but came back with an error - Import Rejected: Unknown Series.

Why doesn’t it see that it’s a Heartland series when it’s clearly named that way? Why wasn’t Sonarr initially able to create a folder for this series? (I can add any other series without a problem). Drone Factory works as expected except for this series.

Because there is a mismatch between TheTVDB title and the title used for the releases. There is a process for dealing with that: Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts) Heartland (2007) (CA) has an alias of Heartland CA already.

Just because it has one word in common doesn’t mean it’s the same series.

Do you have create empty series folders enabled? By default it is off and folders will be created when an episode is going to be imported.

Makes total sense. You can’t use one word because sometimes two series have the same name, like in this case. When I added “CA” to the name Sonarr processed it immediately. I didn’t realize that Sonarr doesn’t create a folder until it grabs the first file - good to know. Thanks markus, you cleared everything up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.