TV Show + TVDB Database Requests For NZBDrone

Based on a Few small threads asking for shows to be added and the fact we have not re-created this thread since the old forum Hopefully this can be the all-in-one thread for requesting shows not currently recognized by NZBDrone to be added to the database

These will have to be manually processed by Markus101 so please be patient after requesting after all he is just one man :slight_smile: also be aware that it can take between
6 to 12 hours after being added to be detected and recognised by NZBDrone

Please Include the Following

TVDB ID:
Scene Name:
TVDB Name:

If there is more than one spelling to a show please include all these possible aliases to make sure the show is fully covered for any scene naming variations that may come up.

**@protocol77 **

http://forums.nzbdrone.com/discussion/16/scene-naming#Item_9

ahh, I thought there was one, but couldn’t find it via my phone earlier. Announcing that one and removing the announce on this one.

TVDB: 264091
Scene Name: Love Hate
TVDB Name: Love/hate

Been around since 2010 but I think the / in the TVDB show name is failing to pull any results

@MrShirley said:
TVDB: 264091
Scene Name: Love Hate
TVDB Name: Love/hate

Been around since 2010 but I think the / in the TVDB show name is failing to pull any results

There is a sticky for it here: http://forums.nzbdrone.com/discussion/16/scene-naming

This would probably be fine for normal RSS syncing but searching would probably fail, I have added it the list, give it at least 6 hours to reflect in your side.

Thanks… sorry, thought youd started a new one with link back to old…

What exactly do you do to resolve these sorts of issues?

We have a web service that contains all mappings. NzbDrone connects to that service every 6 hours and updates its local store of those titles. It allows it to be fixed once for everyone.

Maybe Im misunderstanding the purpose of this…

I am searching for Love Hate, IMDB is returning Love/Hate, which I assume is then what is being searched for, however, this cannot be found, but when doing manual index searches, I can see them called Love Hate (without the slash /).

So it is finding the series in the TVDB, but no search results…

What info does nzbdrone receive from tvdb to the search for???

By default NzbDrone uses TVDB title for searching, but since that doesn’t work for every show, that can be overridden (we do it once and it fixes it for everyone), that is what I have done here, I have told NzbDrone to search for “Love Hate”, which it will be doing now.

What do you mean its fining the series in the TVDB, but no search results? Do you mean no NZBs? uses a lot of information from TVDB, which it uses to display information in the application, it uses the series title and the episode number (season and episode numbers) to do searching.

When I put the show name into add series, it comes back with the TVDB name of Love/Hate… When I look in search history it seems to be searching for Love/Hate and not Love Hate.

Name Time Reports Found Successful
Love/Hate - S01E04 - Episode 4 15/07/2013 22:14:37 0 false
Love/Hate - S01E03 - Episode 3 15/07/2013 22:14:32 0 false
Love/Hate - S01E02 - Episode 2 15/07/2013 22:14:14 0 false
Love/Hate - S01E01 - Episode 1 15/07/2013 22:13:58 0 false

When I manually search index site to see if there are any releases,I can see the called Love Hate… but if I search forLove/Hate nothing comes back. This suggests to me that nzbdrone is searching for Love/hate

Thanks for you assistance…

Search History (where you’re looking) shows the series title (the one from tvdb), you can look in System -> Logs -> File to see the full URL NzbDrone searched.

I can’t say why its not returning any results though.

Thanks for that…

When looking in the logs… it appears the search is looking for LoveHate, and not Love Hate.

LoveHate S01E03, Found 0

Okay, this was a bit of a mess to sort out, the issue is the tvdb has this series on there twice, once with the ID you provided and the name “Love Hate” and another with the ID of 213211 and the name “Love/Hate”. Due to this discrepancy NzbDrone wasn’t able to use the mapping I setup and instead used the name from the database and stripped out the special characters (which is what it normally does).

I have fixed this up so it should pick up in a few hours (up to 6). Another reason why we’re dropping direct tvdb access in the next version, and instead using trakt.

Thank you for all your help… im sure youve gone above and beyond!

Such an awesome program!

TVDB ID: 287607
Scene Name: Flex.and.Shanice
TVDB Name: Flex & Shanice

Thanks!

Please don’t necro threads.

You can view the OP here for the proper way to request these alternate names, but since this is and vs & I can say it doesn’t matter, these are automatically handled.