An automatic multilingual subtitle downloader using a custom script to run Filebot Subtitle Downloader
Custom script for Sonarr for automated multilingual subtitle downloading.
This script uses Filebot to search for missing subtitles by hash in the given language(s) and
saves the file with ISO 639-2/B language code(s).
This handy for Plex users for instance, since Plex doesn’t support ISO 639-3 codes.
If multiple languages are required add them as a comma-separated list (without spaces!) eg. nl,en,fr,de
- Filebot added to your system’s PATH (Environment Variable) setting
- If you run Sonarr as a Windows service, DO NOT run it under the Local System account. Sonarr as a Windows service under the Local System Account doesn’t execute custom scripts. Run it as a user. Or you can run Sonarr as an application!
- An Opensubtitles.org account to login to Opensubtitles in Filebot
- Install Filebot. You can get it for free at https://www.filebot.net/. Donations are appreciated
- Copy sonarr-subber.groovy to your preferred location on your harddrive
- In Sonarr navigate to Sonarr -> Settings -> Connect -> [+] -> Custom Script
- In the Pop-up enter the following:
Name: Enter a descriptive name to your liking eg. Sonarr Subtitle Downloader
On Grab: No
On Download: Yes
On Upgrade: Yes
On Rename: No
Filter Series Tags: Use at your own discretion
Path: Full path to Filebot. (On Windows systems: C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe)
Arguments: -script “FULL-PATH-TO\sonarr-subber.groovy” --lang [2-letter ISO 639-1 language code(s)]
- Click on the Test button.
- If the test succeeded click on the Save button.
In these examples it’s assumed you copied sonarr-subber.groovy to C:\MyScripts\ on a Windows system.
Search for Dutch subtitles:
-script “C:\MyScripts\sonarr-subber.groovy” --lang nl
Search for Dutch, English and French subtitles:
-script “C:\MyScripts\sonarr-subber.groovy” --lang nl,en,fr
This script also runs after manual imports.