Sonarr Movie Support Discussion & Planning

The idea is to have the UI be very similar.

At the moment I am keeping the Series stuff, but itā€™s hidden away.

@gallileo I created a Discord server for Radarr. Youā€™re welcome to join and it may help contributors proceed with development in a more organized fashion.

It also may become a hub for support when that becomes necessary.

Anyone else who wants to work on the project is welcome to join as well.

I would suggest starting some kind of funding tool for sonarr to support movies. I think alot of people would be interested in donating to help with development, CP looks to be dead and we need an alternative. Sonarr works so well!

Weā€™re interested to see where this fork goes, maybe we can look at merging the two in the future, but separate apps focusing on different things isnā€™t a bad idea either. Best of luck!

@adriank99 that has been suggested a number of times, but we have no interest in doing that. Once people commit money to an idea itā€™s expected it will be done and then Sonarr becomes a job that we have to do, not because we want to. Money doesnā€™t help us find the time to work on it more in our busy lives.

radarr docker is available now https://hub.docker.com/r/gallileo/radarr/

1 Like

@vertigo235 I find your idea really interesting.
Iā€™ve just tried your docker it is working (not fully but I know it is the beginning).
Iā€™ve already have couchpotato but I find it so poor compared to what Sonarr can doā€¦ (especially with my indexer).
Iā€™m not a developper (only sysadmin) but if I can help you with it let me know I would love to see Radarr working as well as Sonarr.

This would be a great feature to have. However, all I really need is detection and renaming/moving support. I donā€™t really download movies, I buy Blu-Rays, or DVDā€™s if the movie I want isnā€™t available on Blu-Ray.

Iā€™m am currently moving away from Media Center Master, after a few years of using it I am tired of the slow interface.

I was told about Sonarr from one of the Emby developers a few day ago, and love it. I prefer the web-based gui over a traditional one.

Guys, i saw this on another thread here .

https://radarr.video/

Is this legit ?

Yes, thatā€™s our interim website.

2 Likes

Again, WOW!
Fantastic first dev branch. Really excited about this project and waiting to see more developed. So far from a first drive-through everything seems super with the same sonarr interface and options. Iā€™m still using CP which for some unexplained reason my installation works fine without any issues so i will be waiting for further stable releases from your team and then iā€™m switching over with my eyes closed.

p.s: Put a bitcoin donation option, will glad pay for this stuff
p.s2: advertise more your work, people should come to this and find out about the CP alternative.

Radarr looks great! Any plans for a synology pakkage?

I must say, Iā€™m really looking forward to the movie support. You guys are great :slight_smile: !

Although, from a user standpoint, I think it would be easier to have a single app for both tv series and movies.
It would simplify the use, both for people who use it directly and those who use additional tools, like PlexRequests/Ombi.

On the other hand, I do understand that itā€™s easier to maintain as a separate fork.

PS: I could contribute only in testing, if thatā€™s needed. When it comes to programming, I donā€™t have two pennies to rub together :smiley: . That being said, hit me up if I could help :slight_smile: .

Are you planning to add subtitle support? This is the one thing that i miss most

Yes, eventually we will add subtitle support.

2 Likes

Can we start like a Gofundme for this? Iā€™d definitely like to see support for movies

For Sonarr? If so this has been answered ad nauseum, money doesnā€™t solve the time problem. We have no plans for movie support at this time, Radarr is our recommendation if youā€™re looking for something else.

http://radarr.video/

2 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s fantastic! In searching for an alternative for couchpotato radarr did not come up. Thank you!

Awesome! I immediately downloaded and installed Radarr :smiley:

Iā€™ll be tweaking my own 3rd party add-ons to work with Radarr as well in the coming time.

I just discovered Radarr. Very very pleased I might say :smiley:

I already created an automated subtitle downloader for Sonarr ([Sonarr AutoSubber v3] Cross platform automated multilingual subtitle downloading) that I will be tweaking to work with Radarr as well.

So until itā€™ll become a native function/add-on you could use my script.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.