Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

No, I thought I entered them correctly on the form, apparently I didn’t. tvdb lists it as Masters of Illusion (2014) but drone doesn’t pick it up as a release because the are being posted without the date in the title. Sorry for any confusion. Just thought I should clarify. I see it has been fixed though - much appreciated, thank you.

The TVDB name you entered was the exact same as the scene name (without the year) where it should have been Masters of Illusion (2014), otherwise it would get rejected because they are both the same (unless we happened to either know it was wrong or looked up the ID). Thanks for clarifying though.

I’m also wondering about this.
I’m currently running v2.0.0.4326 and the only aliases listed for “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” are:

• Avengers Assemble
  • Marvels Avengers Assemble

Yet, according to The Submissions linked at the top, Marvels Avengers-Ultron Revolution was “already added” as far back as March:

3/18/2016 6:14:47	| 264030	| Marvels Avengers-Ultron Revolution	| Marvel's Avengers Assemble	| Already added

As a follow-up, I’ve also seen it listed as “Avengers Ultron Revolution”, should that be added to the list separately?

It’s an alias for season 3, not the full series so it will only show when you hover over an episode in season 3.

Yes.

Thanks Markus. I don’t see the alias when hovering over Season 3 episodes, but Sonarr did seem to grab the most recent episode so, I guess it is working.

Hover over the epiosde number:

Thanks. Apparently, I’m a little slow. That totally works.

A post was split to a new topic: Title on TheTVDB sorts incorrectly

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unknown Series Error

There was a problem with the latest season of Star Wars Rebels. I completely missed the episode “An Inside Man” and ended up with two copies of “Visions and Voices” as E9 and E10.

Not sure if Sonarr can do anything about this, I guess the files are uploaded using two different numbering systems.

No that’s a numbering issue, not a naming issue. TheXEM attempts to deal with that, but if different numbering is used it can cause issues.

This is about scum’s wish… search in thetvdb and clearly there are 2 versions,
anime : https://thetvdb.com/?id=318895&tab=series
drama : http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=321996&lid=7

I dont understand why it cant be added…

also here’s some example of release name

Kuzu no Honkai EP02 720p HDTV x264 AAC-DoA

They have the same release name, which isn’t possible to support since they would conflict with each other.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Real-time with Bill Maher

A post was split to a new topic: Releases not grabbed for Asian series

1 - Sonarr is unable to search/grab Taken (2017)

TVDB - https://thetvdb.com/?id=311892&tab=series

Conflict is people are just naming the show Taken instead of Taken (2017) so sonarr is unable to see any torrents (and I guess usenet as well) even though the release is up on various sites.

2 - As a small result of the above as well Taken (a whole different series than the one above) sees the 2017 series torrents (and I guess usenet as well) as it’s series as well.

TVDB - https://www.thetvdb.com/?id=78224&tab=series

.#2 probably can’t be fixed because of a “same release name” thing, but #1 should probably be looked into.

The Taken (2017) releases that are listed as Taken are nuked for using the wrong name, nothing Sonarr can do about it in either case because it directly conflicts with the other releases (I assume for Taken from 2002) that were releases a while ago. The scene is going to have to correct their naming on this one.

They (the 2017 series) still show up when you do a manual search on the 2002 series.

and so your saying I’m going to have to do a manual search each week on the 2017 series because the scene are to incompetent to name their releases correctly? can’t you add a alias to “taken (2017)” to search for “taken” as well or something?

They (the 2017 series) still show up when you do a manual search on the 2002 series.

Because they use the same name, Sonarr has no way of knowing they are for a different series, nor does your indexer when they both use the same name.

They made a mistake, it’s not incompetence. Like I said it’s been nuked and should have propers/repacks out to resolve it and future episodes shouldn’t be a problem. It should only be one episode that is wrong, unless the p2p groups use Taken instead of Taken (2017) which will probably affect WEB-DL releases.

No, because it would break the 2002 series, which takes precedence as it was there first, it’d also cause the episodes from the 2002 series to appear under the 2017 series if the search relies on the title.

They made a mistake, it’s not incompetence. Like I said it’s been nuked and should have propers/repacks out to resolve it and future episodes shouldn’t be a problem. It should only be one episode that is wrong, unless the p2p groups use Taken instead of Taken (2017) which will probably affect WEB-DL releases.

Well if you say so, doubt there will be any propers/repack for the 2017 series just for a rename especially since the 2002 series only had one season and then ended so don’t think most p2p groups even remember the show at all (hell none of my indexers even have the 2002 series up at all)…

Guess I’ll give this series till next week to see if it’s resolved, and if so then great, if not then guess it’ll go in the crap bin along with the 2002 series.