V3 is now officially stable; v2 is EOL

The long awaited moment has finally arrived. Starting today (3/8/2021) Sonarr v2 is now officially EOL and unsupported. Sonarr v3 is officially out of beta and is the stable release.

For those who were beta testing v3 go to System -> Updates and get updated.

Release Notes

• First official stable v3 release, welcome to the club. We could type out all the new features, but my keyboard would break from exhaustion.
  • New UI (You’ll love it or learn to love it)
  • Preferred Words in Release Profiles (see Settings->Profiles, used to be Restrictions)
  • Manual Season Search (To the right of the Season header)
  • Sorting and Filtering in various UI views
  • Trakt Import Lists (Don’t pick a list with 1000s of entries)
  • Many other features you’ll run into along the way
  • Honorable mention: A new wiki shared with other *arr, maintained by moderators and support staff. (https://wiki.servarr.com/Sonarr)
  • Qbit 4.3+ is supported without issues
  • Parser improvements
  • See Github commit history for more details…far too many others to type.

Questions

I’m on v2; what do I need to do to update?

• Windows Users: Please download the installer from here and install over your existing installation. Note: Sonarr v3 runs under the Local Service account, and will not have access to user’s home directories. This may lead to unexpected behavior when you’re using a download client that’s configured to download to your home directory. If this applies to you, please install Sonarr to run as system tray application instead.
  • Unix Users: Please read the instructions on the website and generally install over your existing installation Debian | Ubuntu | Arch | All other / manual
  • Mac Users: Please download the installer from here and install over your existing installation
  • Synology Users: A formal release is in the works, for now the package can be installed from a PR https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/3803
  • QNAP Users: Please bug the package maintainer(s).

Docker Users:

• Hotio: The tag release is now v3. Users previously on nightly please switch to the tag release
  • LSIO (Linux Server): The tag latest is now v3. Please update your tags and re-pull your containers as needed.
  • Binhex: The tag latest is now v3. Please update your tags and re-pull your containers as needed.

Does this include .net / .netcore?

No we’re still using mono. .net is tentatively planned for v4

Can I just update by changing the branch like I did with Radarr?

No.

I hate the UI, can I change it back?

No.

What branch should I use?

main This should happen automatically in 99/100 cases. See here for more details: https://wiki.servarr.com/Sonarr_Settings#Updates

You really should not be on develop unless you plan to actively assist in troubleshooting potentially broken builds.

Common Problem Warning:

It’s 2021, Sonarr v3 now validates SSL certificates. This will likely be a common problem. If you get any download client or other similar connection errors and the logs indicate certificate issues. Please see this FAQ entry first.

5 Likes