Sonarr and Sabzbd on Synology - Permissions - Can't Move Downloads

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5301
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
Sonarr does not have permission to move and then remove files downloaded by sabnzbd. I have followed the guidance give here except on sc-download as that is the group created:

If I set permissions and apply to all folders, then it fixed the permission for existing folders and files, but the next show that is downloaded, Sonarr again doesn’t have permission. sc-download has full control over the folders and share. I am at a loss. Does anyone have an idea?

May be related - Another, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr

Similar yes, but both Sonarr and sabnzbd are running as native apps. I have to assume it is sabnzbd that is the issue when it creates the folder. I don’t know of a way to make it set or not set certain permissions on folder creation. I suspect that is the problem.

I’m assuming this? https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/2.3/folders

I appreciate the help. I ended up solving this by creating Docker containers for both Sabzbd and Sonarr. It seems the native packages have some bugs or eccentricities that are hard to solve. It took about 30 minutes to create the containers and configure. I spent about 8 - 10 hours trying to problems with the native apps without any luck. My suggestion would use Docker, it is much easier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.