Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

Usually every week or so, depends what I have going on and how much there is to “add”, filtering through the garbage that people submit usually takes some time and when the amount of garbage is high because people don’t read I end up wasting too much time going through that.

Everything that makes sense has been added now.

The second one has that comment because someone failed to look at the list before submitting a new request.

1 Like

Thanks, I see it now! Suggestions:

• add a label like “AKA” or “Aliases” to indicate the list of aliases…unless that’s documented somewhere and I missed it (quite likely), I had no idea what the “bottom of the series details” was referring to
  • change “added” on the spreadsheet to “queued for adding” or something similar…it’s easy to assume that “added” means that it should already be visible…although this may not be an issue if the previous suggestion is considered

I’m a relatively recent convert from SickRage (and SickBeard before that), and have to say that I love Sonarr and wish I had switched sooner!

thanks markus, i got the episode just fine

Marvels Avengers-Ultron Revolution Marvel’s Avengers Assemble Already added

Thanks

how (and when) are these added/pushed to my sonarr ?

my sonarr installation does not have an ultron revololution tag… only:
Avengers Assemble
Marvels Avengers Assemble

tried updating the series, even removed and added the series.

v2.0.0.3953

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to Import episodes for 20/20

When adding Utopia (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=264991) to Sonarr and searching for it it returns the results as an Unknown Series

I just submitted Uncle Buck and Wrecked as per scene is different. If you be so kind to add it Marcus.
Thanks

SORRY!!! Made a Mistake Adding ANIMAL KINGDOM

You don’t need to tell us here.

Hi
A name I submitted was marked "Bad release name"
The Voice AU 2016 The Voice (AU) Bad release name

Does this mean there is nothing more I can do to get Sonarr to recognise this file? No manual mapping somewhere?
Thanks

Could the recent submissions for Day 5 be reviewed? Spaces in the different names are all different. Episodes do not seem to be recognized. Thanks!

Correct, the release name should not contain the year, or if it does it should contain the year the series started not the year the episode aired in. Sonarr does not support release groups that add the season year to the title (such as QoQ releases).

Spaces are not important, the only difference that would matter we’re seeing is Rooster Teeth vs Rooster Teeth, the former is named wrong and won’t be added at this time as it looks like a one off mistake.

The Making Of The Mob Chicago Part 1 720p HDTV x264-BRISK
The Making Of The Mob Chicago Part 1 iNTERNAL 720p HDTV x264-W4F
The Making Of The Mob Chicago S01E01 1080p WEB-DL AAC2 0 H 264-DRACULA

These are season 2 on a TVDB but dont get picked up by sonarr. I’m guessing those groups are going by IMDB which sees it as a seperate miniseries.

I didn’t notice that they also reset the season number. They should get picked up now, though searching won’t work due to how they are handled.

Having read through most of the responses here I’m not sure if the series I’m having trouble with is a candidate or not.

I’m trying to add 2016’s The Secret Agent (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=300658&lid=7) and I’m downloading from tvchaos. Their naming for these episodes looks like “The Secret Agent S01E03 (31 July 2016) HD 720p”. When I add the appropriate series in Sonarr the rss feeds don’t pick it up, but when I add http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=279494&lid=7 sonarr picks them up from the rss feed. That’s great for the current 3 episodes, but when episode 4 drops tomorrow sonarr won’t see it because the original 1992 series only had 3 episodes.

So I’ve seen posts about series with show year problems not being appropriate; does this fit into that rule? If not this also seem like it might be specific to Scene releases, and I’m not sure if this series qualifies for that either (I’m only vaguely faniliar with what a Scene release actually is).

Don’t want to clog the pipeline with garbage…

Thanks!

Yes that’s a candidate add it to the list and we can get it added.

A post was split to a new topic: Files don’t use season name

A post was split to a new topic: Megastructures Numbering issue

A post was split to a new topic: New Series: Doctor Doctor