Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

Neither of these problems is a regex problem and its not about being more or less strict. Once the series title is parsed it needs to match a series, either by matxhig the series title or an alias (naming exception).

In the case of The Flash being an alias for The Flash (2014), you can’t just drop the year, this would conflict with the original series with that name unless they are released as a different name (which appears to be the case here).

In the case of American Horror Story, American Horror Story Hotel could be a completely separate series, its not, but could be and unles Sonarr knows about every series available it couldn’t guess that it’s really the same series nor do we want to guess that it’s the same.

The reason it works when you drop it in the series folder is because Sonarr doesn’t care about the series title that is parsed when a file is in a series folder, it already knows the series. That means if you drop a file for a completely different series into another series’ folder Sonarr will import it and is a big reason why Sonarr requires a series folder per series, not one folder that contains multiple series.

A false positive is in fact a dangerous thing, consider this, if you had all the files for a particular series and Sonarr incorrectly grabbed a release and replaced one episode file, would that be a big deal? Its a pretty easy problem to reverse by regrabbing the proper release, but what if it kept happing? Or what if it happened for every file in one season? Or every file in the entire series? There are thousands of Sonarr users, so it wouldn’t take much for this to be a big problem and the reason why its handled as it is.

Btw, about American Horror story. Afaik it’s just one s05e04 release so far, not whole s05. (The Phr0stY release is questionable, looks like a repost of the QoQ release, the RARBG release might be the original) I would wait till s05e05.

Hi, thanks for your answers. I checked the Responses file on Drive and I don’t see action taken on neither of the submissions. Is this because you won’t take action or it’s just a case of waiting? Honest question, no accusation or anything. :smile:

Regarding the explanation for the regexp being as they are, I understand. On the other hand I humbly suggest to devise a way for the user to manually override it. If I know that the series I want are named “The Flash” and “American.Horror.Story.Hotel”, why can’t I instruct Sonarr, for those two specific series, to take into consideration those names as well? In the case of AHS it even finds the episodes but it doesn’t allow downloading them (which I would consider a bug, even if it’s intended behaviour).

Thanks for your time and attention.

PS
Yes, I am talking about the RARBG release for AHS.

We haven’t had time to verify and add them.

We have no plans to support a user controlled list, we much prefer the current solution that fixes it for everyone once its added. If Sonarr doesn’t understand the series you can’t forcibly add it.

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I was aware of that github request, I read about it. Let’s say I’m not too convinced of a solution that forces the team to take care of users on a constant basis. It leads to stress for you, I think. :smile:

I humbly repeat my request to at least being able to download stuff that’s found through manual search. In that case Sonarr knows the episode the user is looking for. Even if one chooses a file not normally recognized, Sonarr knows how to rename it and where to place it. Doesn’t it?

A post was split to a new topic: Adding Series to Sonarr

Not sure what you mean, that request is what you’re asking for, being able to force a download even though Sonarr isn’t sure what it is.

Not sure what you mean, if Sonarr can’t determine what it is during a search a release by the same name grabbed outside of Sonarr won’t solve anything, Sonarr won’t be able to import it because it doesn’t know what it is.

The Librarians (2014) looks like it’s been changed to The Librarians US, Sonarr takes a while to search for it and returns anything with The Librarians i think. I get The Librarians from a few years back in my results

The Librarians US is already setup as an alias for The Librarians (2014), likely since the series came out, which is why you’re not getting a Unknown series rejection.

It also gives me results for this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0934744/ The Librarians

That name was also used for releases in season 1, so its a valid name for it. Not much we can do though, your indexer returned the results so Sonarr is displaying them.

Hi Markus, I’m referring to the fact that, sometimes, if you do manual search for a specific episode, results come up that are discarded by the parser/indexer as “unknown series” but they are there, in the search results for a specific episode. If the user so chooses, why not let him use those releases for that episode. Sonarr should know which episode it was looking for, hence it should be able to name it and move it correctly.

I hope I explained it clearly, otherwise I can try to grab a screenshot showing what I mean.

Here: http://i63.tinypic.com/ri66n5.jpg

Sonarr is looking for the fourth episode of American Horror Story, Season 5. I use WEB-DL 1080p as the target. The very last entry is reported as “Rlease rejected - Unknown Series”. But Sonarr knows I am looking for AHS s05e04 (it’s the title of the windows for the manual search), if I want to download that file, it should be able to name it and move it correctly.

Which is exactly what the GitHub issue I linked refers to, which you said you’ve read and you’re not convinced that it will work.

Again here it is:

Whats the concern with that issue?

First of all, sorry, I overlooked your GitHub link, automatically thinking it was the one where people were asking to be able to modify the series title directly in Sonarr, without the Google doc process.

Also, the wording of your post seemed to imply that you were linking a closed issue, not an open (albeit low priority) one.
But my bad, really.

All in all I think having the ability to manually select for download all results of manual search would take away a certain… “wtf moment” in Sonarr use. I was completely baffled by seeing the file I wanted in the list but being unable to select it for download.

Thanks, and again sorry for misunderstanding your previous post.

No problem! Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.I will say priorities are a bit out of wack, really we have high priority (mostly bugs/issues we should fix ASAP) and everything else, we’ll be addressing that to make that more clear though.

1 Like

Second episode of American Horror Story including Hotel in the release name… American.Horror.Story.Hotel.S05E07.Flicker.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RARBG

Porridge UK is rejecting releases from nzb geek folks any way we could get this one working ??

on the buses missing doing some back log searches

I can manual rename and transfer be nice to get it updated

Bump for The Magicians (2016) (TVDBID 299139)

The scene named it The.Magicians.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv].mkv

We get alerts when items are added, you don’t need to bump it here.