Import Failed Error - how to resolved?

Just getting going in earnest and I have set up my searchers and added the paths to my current shows and it seems to have picked them up. Proof of the pudding will be the first time it grabs a show I guess.

But I looked in the logs and I see a whole bunch of these errors:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/Downloads/complete/tv/[name of show]

THe path /volme1/Downloads/complete/tv/ has had chmod -R 777 applied to it.
Is there a permissions setting in Sonarr I need to set/adjust??

I confess I don’t even know what the ramification of this error is at the moment

Don’t muck about with setting permissions directly on folders / files. DSM has an additional security layer, and you’ll screw things up.

If you installed the SynoCommunity package, then a user group sc-media was added containing user nzbdrone.
Go to control panel -> Group -> sc-media -> Edit -> Permissions and set the appropriate permissions on the respective source and destination folders.

Thanks
I have looked
I have a group called sc-Download which contains user SABnzb and Transmission and a group called sc-media which only contains 1 user sickrage
couchpotato isn’t in either user nor is sonarr (nzbdrone)
I tried to add but when I seach for both sonarr and nzdrone after clicking “add” nothing is displayed?

Did you install the SynoCommunity package? Or did you do a manual install?

If you turn on debug logging in the settings, you might be able to see the user account sonarr is using.
Or do a “top” in the *nix layer to check which user is running mono.

13887 1 nzbdrone S N 1948m 97.4 0.1 /usr/local/mono/bin/mono --debug /usr/local/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

I followed the instructions on here and via packages and Synco Community packages I first installed Mono and then clicked on and installed Sonarr.
Then yesterday I clicked update from within Sonarr itself.

I’m afraid "do a “top” in the *nix layer to check which user is running mono.

13887 1 nzbdrone S N 1948m 97.4 0.1 /usr/local/mono/bin/mono --debug /usr/local/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe" is likely outside my skillset as I don’t know what that means!

If it makes a difference the OS is Xpenology on an HP Gen 8 Microserver but I doubt that would make a difference?

Top is just a view command, which gives a view like taskmanager in Windows. No risk involved.
I just copied the output line you would need to look at, as you will see all processes, and it shows as mono, not as Sonarr.

No idea if XPenolgy might change the package behaviour. I would expect not.

So do I SSH in and copy and paste what you posted above?

No, just ssh in and type “top”. That’s it.
Then you find the line that has the mono entry for nzbdrone and check the user that is running the process (what I highlighted in bold)

1 Like

The user is nzbdrone (although when I searched for nzbdrone user in groups it didn’t through up any finds??)

Hmmm, then it should really be in the group sc-media.

It might be xpenology screwed up adding the user in the group/dsm layer.

You should ask for support on synocommunity (git).

One option that might screw up more then fix is to add a user nzbdrone in dsm manually.

Edit: you can do a “cat /etc/group” in ssh to see which groups the user nzbdrone is a member of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.