Works fine but one feature is lacking..extracting rar/zip and the like

With the recent dmca from you know who against sickrage i decided to try out sonarr and love the look.

But i noticed it lacks one rather important feature that sickrage and the others have which is the built in ability to extract rar/ zip and the like.

Since a lot of tv shows still come this way it seems a rather important feature to be missing.

Of courses you can set up some like extractnow to bypass this issues but its hardly ideal.

I’d kindly request you to use the search function on this forum, coz there are quite a bit of threads on this subject.

I did.

There are ways around the issue but none of them is perfect or ideal.

This combined with the fact that most of the plugins in the deluge client don’t work in windows 10 make this a problem.

Using extractnow does work but unless you del the torrents it will constantly reprocess the same torrent over and over again.
Iam rather surprised you didn’t realize i already did a search since i mentioned extractnow which is directly from one of the guides to getting around the issue.

Extractnow is an external tool and the fact that it’s used in one of the guides posted by users of this forum is hardly evidence that you searched for a guide, more so since those threads discuss the active github issue on the subject, so tbh, not really surprising I assumed you didn’t search.

I think deluge execute plugin still works on Win 10, coz afaik it’s being used in the latest script based on nzbToMedia.

The feature request is being tracked here:

Fair enough it can be chalked up to a simple misunderstanding.

I did read the discussion already and agree it a must have feature for most.

Script could work but with many variables that can cause it to fail.

I wouldn’t be a issues if torrent clients supported extracting but most don’t and the ones that do don’t work.

Upside development brings new features and bug fixes all the time :slight_smile:

@Eric_M this process works great.

Ok this should help for those who already have winrar installed on thier windows pc.

If not its a free download.

In utorrent go to options/preferences/advanced/run program and copy this into the run this program when a torrent is finished box.
“C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe” x -ibck -inul “%D*.r00” “%D”

If your winrar is installed in a different directory mod the first part as needed but that the default install location for it.

This will run winrar and extract the file to the same folder as the download.

This should work in most torrent programs that support the run function which is most of them these days.

I couldn’t get this to work in deluge since most of its plugins are presently broken in windows along with the one used to run programs.

This should be a much simpler less of a headache way for the windows users tell sonarr adds the feature itself. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.