Guide: Automatically process .rar releases in Sonarr/Radarr while using usenet and torrents on a Windows Environment

The problem is that I am running rtorrent on a seedbox and the seedbox is a mapped nettwork drive on my server.

If rutorrent on my seedbox extract the files Sonarr/Radarr starts to prosess the mkv file as soon as it sees it in the folder. If only 20% of the file is extracted at that point I only get 20% of the movies on my plex server.

So I tried to set it up the way you have done, but Sonarr/Radarr never removes the error message of failed import, even after the file is imported with Drone Factory. It still keeps looking for the file were rutorrent reports it to be stored.

So I had to find a workaround. I dropped SyncBackup and extract now and replaced them with Dropit as a free alternative. Now I can sett different profiles for .rar, cleanup, move, extract and so on. Works really well :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for this guide first of all. I’ve gone through and set everything up all the rar tests were fine. Then I went to actually test it out, I just can’t get this auto-add plugin to work. I’m using deluge 1.3.15 with the 1.5 auto-add. Watch folder and download location are both x:\downloads\incomplete\tv but it still just downloads to x:\downloads\incomplete from the “Downloads” tab settings. The label matches properly as well. There is no move complete or any other options in the “Downloads” tab checked except “Use Full Allocation”.

Spent so many hours trying to get this rar crap automated. Really hope I can get your solution working I haven’t seen any better. Been working on this all night n it’s 4 am so time to call it quits for the night. Probably try it with qbit (I love deluge though) when I have time unless you have any advice for me, spent last hour trying to solve this problem after going through everything else :frowning:

@demoncow

First:

If the auto add plugin isn’t working, I would suggest a few things:
1 - Make sure deluge has the proper permissions for that folder
2 - ensure you’re using the right python version of the plug-in…2.6 or 2.7?
3 - Post on the Deluge Forums. I can Assure you it DOES work, and very well.

Now for the kicker -

Unfortunately, for some reason, the devs are deciding to do away with the “drone factory” which completely invalidates this process…I have to look at how to reincorporate this with the new software…PLEASE make a complaint here:

UPDATE: THIS WILL SOON NOT WORK WITH SONARR (Still does work great with Radarr)

The devs from Sonarr have decided to do away with the Drone factory for some unknown reason. Please make a complaint here:

Yea I don’t know I tried newly created folders and still didn’t work. It’s using 2.7 like it should be. Couldn’t figure out how to do it on Qbit. I gotta go to work, probably for 12 hours. I might just give up on this as I’m getting extremely frustrated trying to get this working n just unrar myself like I have been. Sucks to do all that work to have one tiny problem though.

Well it looks like inside core.conf this keeps switching to “autoadd_enable”: false

So far haven’t been able to make it stay true. I think this is my problem still trying to figure out how to stop it flipping to false.

EDIT: Can’t figure it out flips to false as soon as I open deluge. Could you post your deluge autoadd.conf and core.conf so I can compare and see if something is wrong.

EDIT2: Wait a second… do I have to use the blackhole downloadclient option with sonarr / radarr if so what do I set the watch folder and torrent folder to and anything else I need to know with using blackhole. I also posted in that thread as well. Might say something on radarr somewhere too. Wish I could just flick an option on in sonarr/radarr to do this all lol.

EDIT3: Yea it was the blackhole, you should add that part to your guide for newbs like me. I took out the backsync turned off the move to recycle and delete in extract now. TV show is seeding in x:\downloads\tv, torrent client will remove that when done seeding(autoremoveplus deluge plugin). Video file sent to droneTV folder. Video file grabbed by sonarr. All unwanted data gone!!! Working with sonarr and radarr.

I guess I’m not seeing the point of backsync. I guess extract now was deleting .rar n .r0s before backsync moved them, backsync did nothing and because extractnow was deleting the .rar n .r0s preventing me from seeding. Which is why I turned off the delete stuff in extractnow. Then I was like wait whats the point of backsync I can just leave this stuff here have my torrent client delete data with torrents when I’m done seeding.

Thank you so much for this guide man, without it I don’t think I would have got this going at all, even though I didn’t end up using backsync. Hopefully one day we can just hit an unrar enabled button in sonnar lol. :smile: :wink:

Wait, “blackhole”? What do you mean?

The point of syncbackup is that sometimes the torrent client will lock the file, so that extract now can’t extract it.

You def CAN use this method without syncback, but I included it because I like to have a database to see what was copied… Depending on your windows environment and your torrent client, it is possible that extract now will not be able to extract files that are in use by your torrent client.

In my case it’s not.

Cheers.

By blackhole I mean the option inside sonnar/radarr in download client settings it has to be Torrent Blackhole not Deluge (or w/e client) for autoadd to move stuff. EDIT: Download Client > add Torrent Blackhole > Name It > Enabled > Torrent folder = X:\Downloads\Incomplete\TV\ > Watch Folder = X:\Downloads\TV\

I’ve never had problems extracting stuff while it’s seeding either so guess I’ll just keep the backsync out. Hell I can even modify the files seeding and it’ll just error out in Deluge.

Thanks again <3

All:

I ALMOST have this working perfectly on windows… No scripts, all automatic, no Drone factory, and NO Blackhole Directory!!!

Doing some testing. I’ll write a tutorial and post it here when I’m done.

Interested to see what you come up with. I’m running Windows 10, Deluge/Sonarr/Radarr… hoping to not have to use ExtractNow.

all and @fromthewoods

worked with devs to put together a much easier and light-weight solution to this without using the drone factory.

See here:

THis can now be done VERY easily with a BRAND NEW deluge plugin. See here:

( I will keep this topic open, but I will no longer be actively developing it)

Thanks all to helped especially @Taloth !!

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade and I’ll admit I only skimmed the guide and topic but I feel you shouldn’t need to do almost any of this. I’ve been using Sonarr and Radarr (and Couchpotato and others) for a long time now without having ever set up anything to deal with rars or the drone factory folder.

The reason is that your downloader should be doing this work for you. I use nzbget and it’s always handled the extraction for me. Like someone else mentioned above there are ways to have torrent downloaders do this as well. I’ve use SAB before as well but nzbget is a major step forward.

Sonarr and Radarr support the nzbget API very well and have complete control over the downloads. They tell nzbget what to get and they even display the download status in your Activity view as well as the movie and TV episode lists. Nzbget tells Sonarr and Radarr right away when downloads finish or fail so that they can be dealt with appropriately. It’s simple and versatile. No reason to use the drone factory folder.

Maybe I missed something I’m my skimming, though, so I apologize of that’s the case.

EDIT: I see that you’ve actually made a new guide and that this issue really only seems to apply to Torrent clients which don’t support unRARing or PP scripts. Usenet FTW I guess. Hopefully the dev or someone else adds this functionality to a Torrent client. It doesn’t seem like it belongs in Sonarr or Radarr, though.

I use Utorrent and have found this new script to work nicely. https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/747dia/windows_powershell_script_for_qbittorrent_rar/

@rewen As you can see from the title of this thread, this is only for torrent clients - specifically Deluge. However, this entire thread is obsolete, as a solution has finally been developed.

Hey @markus101 I see this thread still gets A LOT of hits. I can’t edit the original post, but maybe you’d be willing to edit the OP or maybe “Pin” this tool linked below? It has direct support for Sonarr and Radarr and works like a charm. Trying to get the word out there.

Hope you’re well Sir. Thanks for all you do.

1 Like

Edited to OP to point out the tool, might be best open a new thread recommending it for deluge users.

Thanks a lot brotha. Appreciate you.

I am not able to make the LCextract plugin to work, I tried and it does not work, I tried it without sonarr for bow, thinking it would auto unrar, but it did not ,

Curious what folks are using now that Deluge 2.0 is out, and LCExtractor no longer works?