Turn off Scene Mapping

I know that Sonarr uses http://thexem.de/ for Scene mapping. I would like the option to turn that off at the show level or application level. I download lots of shows as WEB-DLs and most of the time they don’t follow the scene mapping for the episodes. This causes Sonarr to mess up or say that I don’t have an episode when I really do.

1 Like

Do you have an example of this?

We have no plans to change this behavior now.

Yup, here is Regular Show season 6. All episodes are names according thetvdb.com. When I added episode 6 and 7 Sonarr deleted episode 5. (I have moved it back where is goes)

Now if I go to the list of episodes this is what I get:

Even if I do update series info and refresh disk, it still doesn’t fix it.

EDIT: I put the episode on ignore and then took it off ignore and then I did an update and refresh disk and it looks like it fixed it.

EDIT 2: One thing I should also add is that I downloaded this files myself and put them in the watch folder and Sonarr moved them for me.I do this with lots of WEB-DL because most of the time I can’t find them on usenet.

I’d also like to see this option due to this: What is the scene? Why are episodes sorted using scene mappings?

You’re reasoning for wanting it disabled is flawed, if you disabled it, the content of the episodes wouldn’t match the description. Which is a major pain later on (Mythbusters had the same issue).

If you look at the mapping for season 6 of The Regular show it merges the scene episodes 4 &5 into one tvdb episode (episode 4), which matches the scene’s release. This is a bit bigger than an on or off switch since the WEB-DL’s don’t follow the same convention.

Ignoring it has no effect, had the episode refresh and disk scan completed? Had the page refreshed?

In the drone factory? In this case if you drop it right into the series folder and refresh it will skip thexem mapping and treat it as already tvdb mapped, then you can rename the file (might as well since the rest of it is manual).

Interesting - good to know.

Is it possible to get some sort of mark or indication per series that scene mapping is going on? That way I know what series I need to move to the source folder and not drop it in the drone factory folder.

In most of the cases that I have seen there is no need to rename the file because the scene is doing something wrong with their numbering. In this case they called one double length episode as being two episodes and now they are off by one for the rest of the season.

Where would you expect to see that? This would be one of those things that the vast majority wouldn’t care about, so it can’t be too obtrusive.

You could extend the “Trakt, IMDB, TVDB, TVRage” list that series now have with “TheXEM” for series that are mapped and link to the related item I guess. I don’t think that’s intrusive and it’s actually useful for people like me who actually contribute to TheXEM, but I’m not sure if it’s going to make things any clearer for people who don’t know what mapping even is.

How about something on the /wanted/missing page? That way its not right in your face and you would only see it when you went to that page. Maybe an option to display it at all. That way the people who want it can turn it on and the ones who don’t would never know its there.

Option bloat is just as bad IMO. And I personally think it makes no sense to put it on the Wanted page, because scene mapping is on or off for the entire series, not for specific episodes. If you want to show per episode that this episode will be fetched from a differently numbered episode, many series will look very cluttered.

I agree its bloat, but scene mapping is on a per episode basis, lots of series go out of order for one season and then are fine the next.