Torrent issue: All torrents found on KAT show no seeds or peers

Good morning,

For the past couple of days, I’ve noted my server not picking up anything. When I do a manual search, all torrents available show 0\0 for seeds\peers. If I manually add the torrent anyway, they finish quickly. There are peers\seeders, but nothing shows up to Sonarr, hence nothing adds. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Same thing has been happening to me, so its not just localized to you FYU

I’ve been seeing the same thing. After a manual search if I add a torrent that I know, or at least believe, have a good number of seeds, even though Sonar reports zero seeds, the torrent downloads just fine.

I’ve also noted that if I wait until the next afternoon sometimes the found torrents show the correct number of seeders.

I wounder of KAT has changed some little something that Sonar uses for reading seed/peer numbers.

i can say, even looking directly on KAT, it is showing the same thing, so I don’t think it is a Sonar issue. I think they have change how things are showing up on their end of things

app

Looks to be a site related problem. Check here:
https://kat.cr/community/show/kat-s-problems/?page=537.
I haven’t found an exact page with the details, but it appears to be known.

We’re considering adding an option to set the minimum number of seeds, but we’re not going to allow it to be set to 0 or a negative value, it doesn’t make sense under normal circumstances and we’re not catering a feature to a problematic site.

Understood. And to clarify, I didn’t know if it was a site problem. Seems resolved this morning. But I appreciate it. Happy Friday!

Just an update on this issue:

Kickass is still very slow on updating seed information for newly added torrents (it can take up to 6 hours :frowning: ).
It seems most releases are failing to be snatched on kickass now because of this.

Before it would occasionally fail (it would take around 10 mins for it to update seed info) which is within the 15 min default rss sync time, but releases are usually posted multiple times by different users so something was nearly always snatched.

I can see minimum seeders being very useful when doing an automatic search/manual search which is likely to have older torrents, but for rss sync showing the latest torrents a bit of leniency on the number of seeders may be useful?

I am still receiving this error. A show that finished airing an hour ago has 6 torrents on KAT and all of them are showing seeding information on the main torrent page. In Sonarr however, they are showing 0/0 on every single release.

I even clicked the manual download button on one of them and it started downloading without issue in Deluge.

What could be causing this issue if KAT seems to have up to date info on their side of things?

Ditto. Really sucks. Some mornings everything is there. Sometimes, nothing.

It’s KAT. Their site shows the seeders/peers, but their RSS feed/search does not. We’re working on a workaround.

Why not allow it to be zero? I get zero seed torrents regularly (for new things) that I know already have seeders or will very soon.

Its more complicated than allowing the minimum to be 0 always, but for recently released content thats what it will be.

1 Like

I can’t wait until this gets fixed/worked around. Its WAY better when kickass is pulling stuff automatically than otherwise.

I have torrents that are over 48 hours ld and not showing seeders in Sonarr. They do show seeders on kat.cr’s site.

Yes I too am getting this. I also seem to get dereferer.org cannot be contacted sometimes, not sure if these problems are intertwined.

I am having this problem as well, looking forward for a fix/workaround :smile:

Same here, KAT most of the time shows 0 seeders (for new releases) when there are indeed seeders on the kAT site.

Same here since a couple of days, but only in Firefox and Chrome. In safari it does show seeders / leechers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.