Stuck Task - Refresh Series

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar):
Description of issue: Continuing the discussion from Refresh Series task getting stuck overtime:

I’m having a issue when SONARR goes and does it’s TASK - Refresh Series. It gets stuck on The Same exact series. It was showing that it hasn’t been updated in over a month and that’s because once it got to the program it just stopped at sat there. With the little thing spinning around and around forever. Now that I’ve had a little time to play with it, If I delete the series from Sonarr, it’ll finish the task just fine. I tried adding it back but putting the video files onto another tv directory, so that only the last season was at it’s normal place, and I even had all the black boxes unchecked so they are white, but running the scan again, it’s still hanging up on the same expect spot.

It’s running on my ReadyNas 516. using MONO. I deleted the file to auto start up for now because I’m also have been running SickRage because Sonarr which I like better just hasn’t been working. It’s been hanging up. Why it’s only this one series? Which is “Restaurant: Impossible”, it’s just strange. I don’t get it. what logs I’m looking at, I’m not seeing anything that stands out. I’m running Sonarr 2.0.0.4146.

Well I changed the Logging from Debug to Trace, Cleared the Logs, shutdown Sonarr, Restarted, Clicked on the Task - Refresh Series, and now it seems to be OK. I haven’t moved the files back to the Original location where Sonarr can see them yet, it’s getting late. I’ll try again tomorrow and see it it works or not. It’s strange and I just don’t get it.

The issue may be one or more files that is causing media info to hang and never complete the series refresh. The logs should show which file was last being processed, but if not returning then in small batches to find the culprit file(s) is the best way to check it. If there is an update for mediaibfolib on your system that may also help.

I have the same problem, and it does look like getting mediainfo gets stuck (VideoFileInfoReader does Getting media info from…, one MediaInfo|Read file offset and then nothing). What’s surprising is that the standalone mediainfo program has no problem with it. Is Sonaar using a different lib than the system one? In general, would it be possible to add a timeout to that operation, and to abort if it takes too long?

Looking at the mediainfo output it looks like the files have some 0 bytes text streams. Could it be that the Sonarr reader gets confused by those, tries to seek 0 bytes and gets stuck?

Thanks for your help and a great system!

Here is the mediainfo output for a file that gets stuck, in case it helps:

General Format : MPEG-4 Format profile : Base Media Codec ID : isom File size : 418 MiB Duration : 41mn 43s Overall bit rate mode : Constant Overall bit rate : 1 400 Kbps Writing application : Lavf53.31.100

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 41mn 43s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 300 Kbps
Width : 854 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 30.136 fps
Original frame rate : 29.970 fps
Minimum frame rate : 30.106 fps
Maximum frame rate : 30.166 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.105
Stream size : 387 MiB (93%)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 93.6 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 27.9 MiB (7%)

Text #1
ID : 1-CC1
Format : EIA-608
Muxing mode : AVC / SCTE 128 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info : Muxed in Video #1
Stream size : 0.00 Byte (0%)
Encoded stream size : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
ID : 1-CC3
Format : EIA-608

Text #3
ID : 1-1
Format : EIA-708

Text #4
ID : 1-2
Format : EIA-708

Ummm, that’s interesting. I wish I had more time myself to play around with it. Getting ready to go on Vacation later this week. It is silly to hang up for over a month in my case on whatever Sonarr doesn’t like in a video file. Instead of skipping and moving forward. Maybe even a clear LOG entry saying it skipped over such and such file because of whatever reason.

Once we delegate to mediainfolib we can’t abort it, we try a few different tests to avoid issues and check the files quickly, but issues we do see usually come from old versions of mediainfolib, which version of mediainfolib are you using? The issues also only happen when Sonarr needs to process a file it hasn’t seen before, if Sonarr was failing to import a file because of a mediainfolib issue then it would start failing if it was manually dropped into the series folder (assuming Analyze media files is on, regardless of that setting new imports are always run through mediainfo to get the runtime).

As for the text streams, we only check audio and video streams so those text streams are likely a red herring (unless mediainfolib is checking them and hanging).

TL/DR we’d need to know which version of Sonarr and mediainfolib are being used to troubleshoot further.

Ya, I’m still getting a hangup at Restaurant Impossible scan. I still can’t figure out what it is. How do I check what version of mediainfolib I have? I’m running on a ReadyNAS 516 running the latest 6.5.1 firmware on it. Sonarr is version 2.0.0.4230. Looking at the Log, you see it gets past the Restaurant Express, goes to Restaurant Impossible, shows that it’s completed, but goes no further. It just sits there scanning forever but not doing anything. The logging just stops there. If I remove Restaurant Impossible, all is good. I can’t figure out what exact file as at fault. I think I’ll just move everything out of Sonarr’s scanning I guess.

[Info] RefreshSeriesService: Skipping refresh of series: Restaurant Express
[Info] DiskScanService: Scanning disk for Restaurant Express
[Info] DiskScanService: Completed scanning disk for Restaurant Express
[Info] RefreshSeriesService: Skipping refresh of series: Restaurant: Impossible
[Info] DiskScanService: Scanning disk for Restaurant: Impossible
[Info] DiskScanService: Completed scanning disk for Restaurant: Impossible

What you really need to find out is the libmediainfo version. Running mediainfo --version probably tells you that.

Ok, it shows,
MediaInfoLib - v0.7.58

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.