Sonarr stops processing finished downloads

Sonarr version : 2.0.0.5252
Mono version :5.18.0.240
Debug logs: I have turned on debug logging and am waiting for the issue to re-appear.
Description of issue:

At seemingly random intervals (starting around a week ago) the “Check For Finished Downloads” task appears to get stuck and will not import any finished downloads until I restart Sonarr. This setup has been working flawlessly for years and I can’t recall changing anything in Sonarr or how my downloads are handled anytime recently that might explain the sudden change.

I know the task is stuck as the graphic is spinning and the last execution will be hours or days since the last run (this morning it was 3 hours, yesterday it had been stuck for about 15 hours). I can see that the download reports are being sent to my downloaders (these show up in the Activity History) and that the label/category is set correctly when I go back and check NZBGet/RTorrent.

Restarting Sonarr continues the import and fixes whatever the issue is temporarily. So Sonarr knows it has episodes to import (as I do not have to manually import any missed episodes, so it is tracking the releases properly), it just seems to get stuck for some reason and hangs there.

There does not appear to be a correlation between a specific show or episode. So far I have had it happen on several single episodes of Dororo & Mob Psycho 100, The Late show with Stephen Colbert, True Detective, and a few others I can’t recall.

EDIT: Found this thread with similar issue, I checked and while I did have some Connections setup in Sonarr they are all old and long disabled. To be thorough I have removed them all together.

EDIT2: Issue seems to be gone now, still no idea what caused it but at least it is fixed.

most of sonarrs lockups comes down to mono flaking out for whatever reason

youve got the current version of sonarr and mono is very recent so at some point your container has been updated to pick up that version of mono (ie there have been changes you just might not have realised they were happening)

i restart sonarr daily as i got sick of the weird issues and havent had any since then. you might want to consider restarting your container once a week and see how that goes but i dont see any harm in restarting it daily

Thanks for your reply. The container is restarted weekly when I back up the Docker appdata folders on a schedule. I was referring to changes in my settings, I know there are changes to the container.

I suppose I could script it to restart twice daily (had to restart it twice in 24 hours yesterday).

Was curious what the devs will make of it. Of course now that I posted about it hasn’t happened again yet.

I can turn on mono debug if we think it is a mono issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.