Sonarr / sabnzbd on Synology nas not moving completed files

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
OS: Synology Nas / Docker
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Hello!

I have a new Synology Nas (218+) running sabnzbd, radarr, and sonarr in seperate docker containers.
Everything was running fine for about 2 weeks with this setup.

Now, all of a sudden Sonarr (and Radarr) has stopped renaming episodes and moving them to the relevant folders.

When I add a new series is creates the TV folder but then episodes just sit in the download folder when they have completed.
(Side note, same thing happening with Radarr…
So stands to reason I may have botched something on the sabnzbd side.)
Only change I remember making is I’ve switched routers (and IP addresses) but I’ve made the relevant updated to get downloads working again.

I haven’t changed any permissions and in Sonarr > Download Client > Completed Download Handling, I have Enable set YES and Remove set NO.

Here’s what happens when I try to download an episode:
It shows it in the Activity: Queue while it’s downloading and it shows in SAB as its downloading.
Progress then shows in Sonarr as its downloading in the Activity: Queue.
By default downloads go to the downloads folder and then from there should be renamed and moved to the ‘MEDIA > TV Shows’ folder.

In logs I have “Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/Series.S01E01…”

When it finishes downloading it then moves to history in Sonarr with a cloud icon and then just sits in the Downloads folder.

Full logs attached.

It’s driving me crazy and I can’t work it out.
Please help Sonarr genie out there!

May be related - Another, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr

Thanks. Could be. But I’ve gone through that developing thread and all of these settings mentioned aren’t anything I’ve messed with to cause it to stop working.

My plex DB on the same server corrupted around the same time.
Wondering if there could have been some corruption in my sonarr/radarr/nzb docker also…
If I do a reinstall and reinstall the config files - is it likely that the errors will remain? ie. is it possible that it’s the config files that are the problem?

Make a backup, reinstall, restore the config files, test.

If everything works, success! If not, try again but without restoring the config files.

If it only works then, then you have your answer unfortunately.

If it still doesn’t work though, come back to us with trace logs of the issue. I’m sure someone in the know here will be able to help.

Thanks IL2BT. The issue remains after a reinstall…

What seems to be happening in Sonarr is some files are renamed/moved correctly but most are not.
And it it re-downloading multiples of the files that it doesn’t rename and move. what would cause this?

Here’s an excerpt of my most recent sonarr trace logs: But I can’t make head nor tail of them…

And excert of recent sabnzbd logs too…

thank you for any advice you may have here

Those look like logs for Radarr, not Sonarr.

Sorry Markus - I posted the wrong ones! Apologies.
Here’s the Sonarr trace logs…

20-4-29 22:55:34.8|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/LEGO.Masters.AU.S01E04.1080p.HDTV.h264-CCT/

Assuming it does exist then it’s permissions, make sure the user running Sonarr has read and write access.

Thanks Markus. Yes, it does exist. Just sitting in downloads. It doesn’t get moved/renamed after downloading.

In Sabnzbd, Permissions for completed downloads is set to 777.

And my permissions in Sonarr look like this…

I’ve opened up user permissions to the following:

Still same issue remains.

I’ve cleared logs and here’s the most recent errors.

those are permissions for the root of each shared folder, you need to confirm subfolder ownership/access as well.

in DSM start File Station, find one of the paths youre using, right click on it and and select properties

make sure the user matching the PUID is the owner, and that the group matching the PGID has full control permissions (and that it applies to subfolders)

go all the way down to a problematic path and make sure the permissions have ended up being set properly

Thanks Rhom for the info.

I’ve just checked and User matching the PUID is the owner, and then made is so the group matching the PGID has full control permissions (and that it applies to subfolders).

But then when I download a new file and it lands in downloads, the permissions seem to automatically revert to ‘custom’ (all ticked except ‘Administration’ and ‘delete’)

And the download issue remains. About half of what downloads comes back across renamed and half just sits in ‘downloads’.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.