Sonarr on Synology DSM

i can also add that i have no issue with Transmission on Radarr.
it works as expected.

it only seems to be Sonarr that has an issue with Transmission.
it worked fine when everything was on a windows host though

access to the path is denied - you have a permissions error. might explain why your moves arent working as well

is the admin user (PUID 1024) the owner of those folders? and does the administrators group (PGID 101) have full access to them?

btw, in the transmission download client entry in sonarr do you have a category set?

also, is the puid and pgid for transmission the same as for sonarr and radarr?

and what docker image are you using? linuxserver/sonarr:latest, linuxserver/sonarr:preview, or something else?

so whats in the sonarr (debug level) logs? presumably its moving them somewhere, or having issues doing that.

Yes, PUID is admin user and PGID 101 is the administrator group and yes they have RW access to all folders and subfolders of /media

Yes the category is set to ā€œtvā€

They are all the same. Radarr is able to download a movie, move te movie and delete the download afterwards, but sonarr isnā€™t. Thats why i have no clue what to do nowā€¦

linuxserver/sonarr:latest is the image iā€™m using

itā€™s not even getting to that point.
the torrent is added to the client, it starts downloading, but at no point do the files show up anywhere in the relevant download folders.

iā€™ll need to turn on debub and look at the logs when i try it again.

i think this thread is getting slightly confusing due to the issues @chryxer is having which arenā€™t necessarily the same as mine.

might be easier to trouble is my particular issue is the main topic in this thread and @chryxerā€™s issue is continued in their thread that is also currently active.

Iā€™m sorry chenks this was not my intention. I will look for help in my own thread :slight_smile:

no apology required, just helps not confusing two issues.

well as if by magic, it seems that Tranmission is now doing what itā€™s supposed to do in Sonarr.
torrents are added, they start, the files appear in the correct download folder, once complete they are processed, then files are removed from the downloads folder.

not sure sure what made it start working. but i did read something that transmission doesnā€™t write any settings changes to the settings.json file until tranmission is gracefully closed (ie for Docker the container has to be stopped then restarted).

if you made changes to the settings in transmission and then just rebooted the NAS the settings.json would not be written to.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.