Sonarr on Synology DSM

I stop the docker evertime to change the settings in the .json file. To make sure the settings are saved. Thanks for replying though.

i havenā€™t testing sending something from sonarr to tranmission yet.
but a manual transmission download appears to be using the correct folders.

I just tested the same thing, adding a torrent to transmission sends the download to the correct folder, i have also tried using sonarr to download the torrent but the download ends up in the ā€œetherā€ like you said before :slight_smile:

ah no. my download was disappearing when adding manually, so not quite the same issue as you.

OK, just tested a download sent to Transmission from Sonarr.
it adds the download, it starts downloading, but does NOT seem to be dowloading to the specified location /data/downloads/torrents.

when using ā€œset locationā€ in transmission is says itā€™s download to /data/downloads/torrents, but it isnā€™t.

the ā€œdirectoryā€ setting for Tranmission in Sonarr is left blank (which is the default), as it says leaving blank will use the default tranmission location - but that isnā€™t happening.

I have never used it, only the category field, which will just create a subdirectory underneath your default transmission download location, since transmission doesnā€™t have categories like other download clients.

Iā€™m not sure what logging is available in transmission, might be interesting to see if it has details when a torrent arrives, which directory it picks to download.

What happens if you do fill the directory setting in sonarr?

havenā€™t tried it, but i guess i can try.
strange thing is that Transmission says itā€™s downloading to the correct location, but clearly isnā€™t.

typically if it doesnt save then youre possibly looking at a permissions error

is the PUID and PGID transmission is running as the owner of the /data/downloads/torrents folder?

and does that user/group have the ability to at least look into /data and /data/downloads to get there?

you can check by SSHā€™ing into the NAS and running the following (presuming the container is named transmission) to get into the container;
docker exec -it "transmission" bash

then do cd /data/downloads/torrents to confirm you can get at the folder
and echo 'abcd' > test.txt to make sure you can write to that folder
exit will get you back out of the container

also; in the settings.json file in the docker config folder for transmission, what are these set to; (i use /media the same way youre using /data)
"download-dir": "/media/downloads/transmission/complete",
"incomplete-dir": "/media/downloads/transmission/incomplete",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,

is there anything in the incomplete folder while stuff is downloading?

the other thing is that if the mount isnt working or transmission is setup wrong then its possible its saving it into the container

yep, correct PUID and PGID, same that has been used for all docker containers.

i will try that.
but if a manual download is able to save to that location, then iā€™m not sure that will give any adverse result. itā€™s only when sonarr is sending a torrent to transmission that it doesnā€™t seem to save in the location.

pretty much as you have there, expcept iā€™m not using a complete/incomplete folder structure, everything completed or in progress is saved to the same location.

again though, itā€™s only sonarr initiated torrents that are the issue. manually added torrents to transmission are downloading fine.

iā€™m getting permission denied while being ssh as admin, i have puid and pgid set as admin user and admin group. How can this be?

sudo -i (to go in super user mode)
then docker exec -it ā€œtransmissionā€ bash (replacing ā€œtransmissionā€ with your actual docker name. for me itā€™s docker exec -it ā€œlinuxserver-transmission1ā€ bash

tried this.
all successful. can browse and create the file.

as i said though, transmissions works fine for manual downlaods, itā€™s only sonarr that is the problem.

it asks me for a password

enter your synology account password (assuming it has admin privelidges)

Thanks for your help, i can get into the container as well and write the test file.
I just downloaded an episode to test if it works, i got further than last time.

I can download a tv show to the download client, the client sends it to /media/downloads/incomplete
after the download is done the client sends it to /media/downloads/completed/tv like it is supposed to do!

and i just found out it works!
My problem is solved!

edit: the files that are uploading are still in the /media/downloads/completed/tv folder. arenā€™t these files supposed to be hardcopied to the new folder so i donā€™t have duplicate files on my NAS or how does this work

@chenks

to help you out bro, i have been struggeling for weeks to fix the problem and i read a lot of forums where they stated this is a permission issue. I thought the same as you did that you have all the permissions but i donā€™t think you do.

Iā€™ll tell you what i did just now.

i have logged into my admin account (normally iā€™m on another account) and changed all my dockers with a new PGID and PUID of the admin. (PUID 1024 and PGID 101)

Then i went into the json file of Transmisson and added 2 new lines stating the new PUID and PGID because they werent in there.

afterwards i went to the docker to make sure my PGID and PUID were in there as well and now it works.

Then i went into my file station and went to my /media folder and changed all the folder owner to admin on all the folders and subfolders (you do this for each folder when going to the properties of that folder)

so my question to you is: are you logged in as a different user than admin? if yes, try logging into your NAS as admin and change all th

iā€™m not sure i follow the reasoning here.
if transmission works fine for manually added files, then why would it be a permissions issue when sonarr tries to add a file (both tranmission and sonarr are using the same PGID and PUID).

and iā€™m not sure how your NAS is configured, but my ā€œadminā€ account is disabled, thatā€™s how it is when you set up a new NAS.

can you share a copy of your settings.json file? as those two missing lines may be the fix.
otherwise i may just end up moving to deluge as that seems to work anyway.

just to confirm. sonarr has no issues grabbing the torrent, or sending it to transmission. transmission has no issues downloading it, you can see it in the interim folder, but once it finishes the job is gone from transmission and you cant find the downloaded file anywhere?

make sure you arent trying to download a torrent via sonarr that youve already downloaded previously via sonarr for your testing. if you do that then after its downloaded it will just disappear. might explain why manual downloads work but sonarr doesnt

I added this:
afbeelding

But i just now looked in the json file and these settigns got deleted by transmission so i donā€™t think this was the fix?

Right now iā€™m experiencing different problemsā€¦

Sonarr is unable to rename the files i already had on the NAS even if i put them in the correct folder:
afbeelding

Like i said before if i send a download to transmission with sonarr it gets downloaded and copied to the correct folder, the old file is not deleted! even though download handeling is on
(i deleted the torrent from the download client so it isnā€™t a seeding problem)
afbeelding

any clue?

no not quite

sonarr has no issues grabbing the torrent
sonarr has no issues adding the torrent to transmission
tranmission downloads the torrent, but at no point during the download does the data actually appear in the folders it is meant to go.

this is testing using content that has never been downloaded.

if i manually download a torrent in transmission then it downlaods and the files appear in the appropriate folder during and after completion.