Sonarr on Synology DSM

OK so for Sonarr i would have

/config mounted to /volume1/docker/sonarr
/data mounted to /volume1/data

and the same for Radarr too (chaning the folder name of course)?

what mount points would i set up for Transmission and Sabnzbd?
i had tranmission configured and tried a manual torrent download, however even though transmission showed it had downloaded the file it was nowhere to be seen anywhere on the NAS.

this is what i’ve set up in Sonarr

Capture

Sonarr looks good to me :slight_smile:

For radarr, transmission and sab: basically the same two mounts…
Once inside the application, you’ll have to assign the individual folders like /data/downloads/usenet/ for sab, etc.

OK sonarr and radar seem to be running fine.
sabnzbd also fine.

however, transmission i can’t seem to get working properly.
torrents start downloading, but they don’t seem to be downloading into the folder, they just seem to disappear into the ether (even though the progress bar plods along and eventually completes).

/data/downloads/torrents remains empty thru-out.
the .torrent file appears in /docker/transmission/torrents (which is mounted to /config/torrents).

i made sure the settings.json file had /data/downloads/torrents in the “download-dir” and “incomplete-dir” set.

so not quite sure what’s going on there.

Can you try to download a torrent (manually send whatever to transmission), and check the location when you right-click the torrent > Set Location?

That might give a pointer to see what’s going on.

Following this post, i have the exact same problem and can’t get it to work either…

Maybe some useful info you can find in this thread.

cheers,
chryxer

it says “/data/downloads/torrents”
which appears to be correct, but that folder remains empty.

edit - oh wait. for some bizarre reason (after changing nothing) it now appears to be populating that folder correctly.

that is very strange.

i think the trick may be to set up docker, then stop it, manually update the settings.json file to suit, then restart the docker.

I stop the docker evertime to change the settings in the .json file. To make sure the settings are saved. Thanks for replying though.

i haven’t testing sending something from sonarr to tranmission yet.
but a manual transmission download appears to be using the correct folders.

I just tested the same thing, adding a torrent to transmission sends the download to the correct folder, i have also tried using sonarr to download the torrent but the download ends up in the “ether” like you said before :slight_smile:

ah no. my download was disappearing when adding manually, so not quite the same issue as you.

OK, just tested a download sent to Transmission from Sonarr.
it adds the download, it starts downloading, but does NOT seem to be dowloading to the specified location /data/downloads/torrents.

when using “set location” in transmission is says it’s download to /data/downloads/torrents, but it isn’t.

the “directory” setting for Tranmission in Sonarr is left blank (which is the default), as it says leaving blank will use the default tranmission location - but that isn’t happening.

I have never used it, only the category field, which will just create a subdirectory underneath your default transmission download location, since transmission doesn’t have categories like other download clients.

I’m not sure what logging is available in transmission, might be interesting to see if it has details when a torrent arrives, which directory it picks to download.

What happens if you do fill the directory setting in sonarr?

haven’t tried it, but i guess i can try.
strange thing is that Transmission says it’s downloading to the correct location, but clearly isn’t.

typically if it doesnt save then youre possibly looking at a permissions error

is the PUID and PGID transmission is running as the owner of the /data/downloads/torrents folder?

and does that user/group have the ability to at least look into /data and /data/downloads to get there?

you can check by SSH’ing into the NAS and running the following (presuming the container is named transmission) to get into the container;
docker exec -it "transmission" bash

then do cd /data/downloads/torrents to confirm you can get at the folder
and echo 'abcd' > test.txt to make sure you can write to that folder
exit will get you back out of the container

also; in the settings.json file in the docker config folder for transmission, what are these set to; (i use /media the same way youre using /data)
"download-dir": "/media/downloads/transmission/complete",
"incomplete-dir": "/media/downloads/transmission/incomplete",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,

is there anything in the incomplete folder while stuff is downloading?

the other thing is that if the mount isnt working or transmission is setup wrong then its possible its saving it into the container

yep, correct PUID and PGID, same that has been used for all docker containers.

i will try that.
but if a manual download is able to save to that location, then i’m not sure that will give any adverse result. it’s only when sonarr is sending a torrent to transmission that it doesn’t seem to save in the location.

pretty much as you have there, expcept i’m not using a complete/incomplete folder structure, everything completed or in progress is saved to the same location.

again though, it’s only sonarr initiated torrents that are the issue. manually added torrents to transmission are downloading fine.

i’m getting permission denied while being ssh as admin, i have puid and pgid set as admin user and admin group. How can this be?

sudo -i (to go in super user mode)
then docker exec -it “transmission” bash (replacing “transmission” with your actual docker name. for me it’s docker exec -it “linuxserver-transmission1” bash

tried this.
all successful. can browse and create the file.

as i said though, transmissions works fine for manual downlaods, it’s only sonarr that is the problem.