Sonarr - Now with TVDB

There is an issue with using TVDB with shows like Pawn Stars where the season number is the year and not the sequential season number (i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc). Trakt and IMDB seem to always use sequential numbers. Automatic and manual searches in Sonarr don’t find any episodes because they are generally posted using the sequential number. I don’t believe there is a way in Sonarr to override the season number.

Trakt used (might have changed now since they moved to using TMDB for data), the year as well since they just pulled the data straight from TheTVDB. So from Sonarr’s perspective nothing has changed. Not sure what TV Rage uses.

Manually no, but Sonarr handles it the same way it handles American Dad, with [thexem.de] (http://thexem.de/) https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#how-does-nzbdrone-handle-scene-numbering-issues-american-dad-etc

I might be completely wrong and way out a line, but have the idea my sonarr is still getting info from trakt.tv

I’m on 2.0.0.2594

When, for instance, I’m trying to add “homeland”, the result displays an image, which addresses to this link: http://trakt.tv/show/homeland

Also, when trying to add “Hollands Hoop” I get a ‘doesn’t exist’ result, while the show clearly exists: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=289084&lid=13

any help? Thanks!

Its coming from TheTVDB, just the link is wrong and already fixed in develop.

You’re asking this same question in another thread, please keep it on one thread so there isn’t any confusion.

Will this update be integrated into the torrents branch?

No, the torrents branch has been dead for months, switch to develop.

Ah! not sure how I missed that. Thank you kindly!

I was going to start my own thread, but I think it may be better off here:

I was going to state that my calendar is now off by about 24 hours. I wasn’t sure if that was due to the fact that I was in Australia and the time difference or is it because of the switch to TVDB?

Thanks guys.

its because of the switch to tvdb, they will be sorting the times out at some point in the future

see the first post

(UTC Air Dates for episodes (Air times on the calendar will be off until our full solution is implemented)

Looks like an update to the develop branch has been pushed through for the calendar/UTC issue. I am currently doing a full library update and it is very very slow but my calendar is returning to accurate times. Thanks for fixing it up quickly!

1 Like

Same here camw, a thing of beauty. For those wondering you need to run ‘Refresh Series’ located in System > Tasks after the update.

It’ll be slow initially since we are just building up the cache but things should smooth out in a few hours.

2 Likes

Also, if you notice any series that are wrong there are a couple things to check:

1. Ensure the series is refreshing properly (we’ve seen some issues with TVDB IDs not working, which may require you to re-add the series).

2. Let us know the series and a link to it on TheTVDB and we’ll see what we can do to fix it up, if you know the timezone it airs in, we can verify if we have the correct info.

Thanks team, your work is much appreciated.

I’m using Hawaii Five-0 as an example here. I know that it airs in the US on Friday night, but I use to have Sonarr send out api’s and look for the show on Saturday. All my shows were like that - the next day.

Is there a setting on my end where I can move all my shows one day along?

Thanks!

No. Sonarr doesn’t actually search for episodes unless you tell it to search for that episode, its automated process uses RSS feeds as explained in our FAQ: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#how-does-sonarr-find-episodes

Mostly working well, however I think there is an issue with most anime series for me. Most are showing as airing in the early-mid afternoon, whereas they generally air late evening Japan time, which is early morning for me.

As an example, Aldnoah Zero Season 2 Episode 1 is showing as airing on Jan 11, 2015 2:00 PM in the calendar view, whereas on trakt it shows Jan 11, 2015 2:00 AM. TVDB page shows an air time of 00:00 and that would be correct for Japan Standard Time I believe. Can provide more examples if needed.

Looks like our conversion of the air time (since TVDB allows anyone to enter anything in that field) was off and we were off by 12 hours. Its fixed now, let us know if you see any more oddities.

Performed a refresh on all shows, thanks for the help here.

The 2am part for Aldnoah Zero is now showing, but it has moved to January 10 instead of the 11th which it should be, so it is 24 hours behind. Other examples are ;

Parasyte showing as 3:29pm 8th, should be 3:29am 8th.- showing 12 hours ahead
Rolling Girls - showing as 3:58pm 10th, should be 3:58am 11th - showing 12 hours behind

That episode is listed as airing on the 10th at 12:00am (midnight) in Tokyo (GMT+9), making the UTC Air time 3pm on the 9th, which is the same time it shows on on Trakt.

This should be cleared up shortly, just waiting on TVDB to update these two series, but I don’t think the days are going to match what you expect since one they’re both going to go backwards 12 hours, right for Parasyte, wrong for Rolling Girls.