SONARR not sorting from SABnzbd

Help me :frowning: haha. I have been trying to fix this, and have looked over various forums and threads and i feel i am missing some simple and stupid but its kicking my a$$ and its annoying.

So, i first setup SONARR with utorrent and its been great. It will add the new series and seasons folders when i add them to be searched for etc, it will download them and rename and sort them into the correct show and season folders.

But, i can not get the same thing to work between SONARR and SABnzbd. I can’t find a good setup example between those two that will solve my issues. I am new to setting all this up so i have been using tutorials etc but i haven’t found much to help me on this topic. Any help would be great thanks

(Kind of assuming you can add Sab as a download client in sonarr and the test button reports a success…)

Can sonarr send nzb’s to sab? Try with a manual search on an episode and send any available nzb, just for testing. If not, do you see errors in sonarr’s log? In sab’s log?
Do you see it downloading in sab, but it’s not visible in sonarr (Activity > Queue)? If visible, does it have a warning icon? If yes, hover over it for more information.

Settings:

• In Sonarr: Settings > Download Client > Sabnzbd > category
  • In Sabnzbd: make sure the category name matches with what’s in sonarr, and sorting for this category is off.

Those are the main things to watch out for as I recall when I was using Sab as a download client.

Yep sorry, It will send NZB files to download, i can see them in SAB and can see them in the activity section in SONARR. No warnings or anything.

i created a category “sonarr” in SONARR download clients, and have the same one in SABnzbd with “tv sorting” unchecked. It downloaded about 20 episodes last night, and it didn’t rename or move anything. I am also getting files in the downlaoded folders that are all jibberish. “r9eiriwdiw9t809vd9fb8dfs09bsd” etc.

Still kicking my butt haha

I had the same issue where it would not rename the file.

I went into SABNZB > Catagories and I created the TV catagory but forgot to fill the in Indexer field.

SABNZB catagories

But now can’t get my files to sort into the episode folders.

I have a folder named TV, then under that are all the show folders, But the downloaded files goto the TV folder and are renamed, but they stay their and are not moved.

Here are some screenshots.

SABNZB Sorting

Any help would be appreciated.

i didn’t have anything in that index field either. I did try to enable tv sorting in SAB and it would rename the folder, but not the file. But regardless, i can’t seem to get it to work with SONARR. The torrents do it just perfect, just can’t get SAB to. i did try NZBget but couldn’t even get that to work with SONARR

Did you find a solution? I’m having the same issues as you

Nope, still having the same issues. No one on here seemed to have an answer for me yet. Been playing with it and no luck yet. Even tried NZBget and had nothing but problems. Would love get a solution to this, still hoping there is a guru on here for helping.

Does Sonarr show downloads in Activity: Queue?
Do the completed downloads still show there?
Are they still in SAB’s history?

If either of the first two are are No then in order, you’re going to need to look at debug logs, if the 3rd is a no then you need to fix SAB. Sonarr relies on SAB’s history to know what to import, if completed downloads are removed from history before Sonarr sees them (and imports them) then Sonarr will never import them.

If all 3 answers are yes, hover over the icon on the left to find out why they aren’t importing and make sure SAB is set to +Delete for the post processing mode (unpacks and deletes the RAR files).

So yes and yes to the first 2. I did have it set to delete history retention, i have reset it to keep it for 14 days then reset. I will see if that has any efffect. Any other settings i need to check, under categories or indexers etc?

As long as the category is set when added by Sonarr it should be fine.

That is part of what i am not positive about. SONAR shows under NZBgeek the category of “5030, 5040”, so in SAB i made a category that says “sonarr” and has the folder/path set to the folder i used for completed SAB download files, and i have “5030, 5040” under the “index categories/groups” section., Should the rename and move be instant? Or will it do it after X amount of time? Or am i still missing something?

Good, and Sonarr is set to use that category?

That won’t matter to Sonarr (and probably won’t have any effect).

Usually within 60-90 seconds. If it’s in Activity: Queue in Sonarr, hover over the icon on the left to see why it’s not importing.

at least now it shows something, but just has the yellow icon and says “no files are eligible for import”

Logs say that the path isn’t valid or sonarr doesn’t have permission. Is there something in SONARR that i have to tell it to look there? I have it running with admin control and full permissions

would it make a differnce if i had hte files download to the same completed folder that my torrent files go to which SONARR does move and rename?

Which OS is Sonarr running on?
A link to the Debug logs would be useful.
SAB and Sonarr are on the same machine?
Have you checked the permissions on the folders?

SONARR is on 2.0.0.5212 for Windows
SAB and SONAR are on the same machine and the folders show full access to everyone

DownloadedEpisodesImportService Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd 18-6-6 10:18:35.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd Complete\New.Girl.S03E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
18-6-6 10:18:35.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd Complete\New.Girl.S02E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-Obfuscated
18-6-6 10:18:35.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd Complete\New.Girl.S02E24.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-Obfuscated
18-6-6 10:18:35.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd Complete\New.Girl.S02E23.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-Obfuscated\Complete\Quantico.S02E22.resistance.1080p.amzn.webrip.dd5.1.x264-don\

L:\ is a local disk, not a mapped network drive?

If it’s a mapped network drive, read the FAQ, otherwise this similar issue may be helpful:

it is a mapped network drive. I will try that link you posted in a few days and will update you how it goes, thanks

So, tried that. I tried the UNC paths in SAB, flagged me at first but ended up doing the temp directory on my laptop with the completed download directory on my server. I used the “C:” path for the temp directory, and used the “//MWR” server location for the downloaded folder. It created that folder etc, but SONARR is still showing the same error:

No files found are eligible for import in L:\New Downloads\SABnzbd Downloads\SABnzbd Complete\Billions.S03E12.Elmsley.Count.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb-Rakuv\

I did noticed that in my category setup for SAB i forgot to change the location from “L:” to “//” so i just did that and will see what happens. Unless there is anything else you can think of?

Sonarr gets the path to import from from SAB, so the category using the wrong path would mean Sonarr would pick up the wrong path.

You could also try changing how Sonarr is running to see if it can import from the mapped network drive.

I’ve was having a similar issue with sonarr trying to import files that I had verified downloaded properly but the file and folder would vanish. The problem was directly related to Sabnzbd -> switches -> Direct Unpack
Jobs will start unpacking during the downloading to reduce post-processing time.
Only works for jobs that do not need repair.

Once I modified that setting I haven’t had a single issue. Hope that helps