[Solved] SabNZbd downloads fail, Sonarr shows path errors

Version 2.0.0.5163
Windows 10 Pro X64

I use both torrents and newsgroups through sabnzbd and sabnzbd just stopped working unexpectedly. The connection to both the indexer and sabnzbd are working and my log is filled with entries for the newsgroup downloads that say

“18-5-19 12:39:20.2|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: G:\SABnzbd\sonarr\AwesomeTvShow.S02E01.Marphu.HD”

(note: Im not pasting the entire log because this is all the log says for all the different titles there are no other entries that say anything else that appears relevant"

It shows the path does not exist or is not accessible for every attempted newsgroup download although torrents are still working correctly. I realize the directory needs special permissions for Linux based systems but since this is windows and just appeared to start happening out of nowhere its very confusing. the G: drive referenced in the log entry is a physical internal drive and not a network drive or drive link. The torrents also download to the G drive but into a different directory at G:\QbitDownloads, any Ideas?

The exact path reported in the log exists?

When we ask for specific information and it’s not provided we often don’t bother responding, chasing for the details we need is time consuming, especially when things are edited.

The path does exist, what information can i provide to help solve the issue?

also, the log located at C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\logs has nothing else inside of it other than entries that say

“18-5-19 12:39:20.2|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: G:\SABnzbd\sonarr\AwesomeTvShow.S02E01.Marphu.HD”

the only difference is the time stamp and the show title, everything else is exactly the same (i.e. the drive letter, the path, and the error are the same). there isnt a single entry that shows anything else.

Is there a different log file located somewhere else that would give additional information?

I am also using Radarr with Sabnzbd and it is working correctly.

Do you mean a physical drive?

Yes, debug logs and trace logs will have more information, including information received from SAB (in trace logs).

Sorry yes it is a physical drive. Links to the logs are below. I sincerely appreciate your help!

Trace log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15mbgkmtHtGX2M9h77rDC-DaOqVuEInRJ

Debug log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yRdfjYtNCL0n40DQE7GhYG-KjhIpfBks

18-5-29 19:18:45.6|Debug|UpgradeSpecification|This file isn't an upgrade for all episodes. Skipping G:\SABnzbd\sonarr\Fear.the.Walking.Dead.S04E05.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS-Obfuscated\5911918e4d004553b6aec822eb650038.mkv
18-5-29 19:18:45.7|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: G:\SABnzbd\sonarr\Upright.Citizens.Brigade.S01.Pilot.DVDRip.XviD-RUNNER

Sonarr was able to see the first folder an the file within, but the second folder doesn’t exist or permissions don’t allow Sonarr to access it.

Permissions on Windows are generally pretty open, unless things are locked down intentionally. I’d start with comparing the permissions between the two folders.

Also, how is Sonarr running? Console, tray or service?

Upon closer inspection somehow the directory that wasnt working had its owner set to my personal account whereas the directory that was working was set to the expected System as owner. I changed the persmissions from my personal account to System and it is now working. The strange thing is I didnt explicitly change the permissions it just stopped working a couple weeks ago so its very strange but glad everything is working now. Thank you so much for your help Markus!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.