Sonarr multiple downloads of same show same quality

So all this fuss because a log file says permissions issues and your assumption is that means Sonarr can’t access the files and I just ignore everything written and write long responses with screenshots because I am too lazy to select 'the proper host ’ in the remote mappings.

Or maybe the error in the logs is a symptom of another problem unknown to you.

Here is Sonarr accessing the share just fine using procmon, a tool written by mark Russinovich who is the CTO of Microsoft.

Check out this error message ‘name not found’

In the destination directory, THE FILE ALREADY EXISTS!
completely explains the ‘permissions error’ and it had NOTHING to do with the FROM side but the destination.

Due to previous failures, of course, there will be transactions half-completed. If sonarr crashes, the computer is turned off, power loss, etc. You must add code to gracefully handle these issues that ideally shouldn’t happen, OR we still have another oversight to fix still.

So the lesson learned is just because a log file says permission error, doesn’t always mean it is an access issue and it is the user’s fault. You WILL get a permission error if you try to create a file that already exists, even with full permissions.

this is the problem with log files and with this whole thread.

Why is there a file existing with 0 bytes? We need to figure that out next…

UPDATE: This only affects 10% of the errors in the log, the rest I am still investigating, so hang tight until I know more.

yes. the error message was simple, it was having issues accessing the UNC path - thats typically a permissions error, or the path doesnt exist (which typically means the remote path mapping is wrong).

you said radarr was also having an issue - if thats true then it does point to more of an access issue, especially as those last screenshots show it walking the UNC path (so it must at least have visibility)

no one asked you to ignore everything else - and as far as im aware that was the only error found in any of the logs you did post.

your latest screenshots show the UNC being walked so it should no longer be a remote path mapping issue.

they also show what appears to be the folder structure being created (or possibly just opened - im not sure how to read those properly but sonarr definitely did not create the torrent file again, it would have just tried to open it for copy/move)

there should be more data on what was being done on that last column. also from a quick google NAME_NOT_FOUND would be correct when a file is first created, it doesnt exist yet and underlying windows code always checks when asked to create (so it can spit out a file already exists error). a zero byte file exists so should not generate that message.

i could be misunderstanding that though

always a possibility but we can only work with what we know - so if we can rule out what we know then we can look elsewhere.

while possible i would be seriously amazed if sonarr cant already handle existing files of the name it wants to store. it can after all delete the old file when it downloads a new one so that seems weird, unless it doesnt have permission to delete

no, getting an error would would depend on what parameters you passed to the copy / move function, ie there is an overwrite parameter, which if set to true would overwrite any existing file - presuming you had permissions to do so.

so if the code allows for overwrites, and you have access to do so, it should work. if it doesnt then you will have issues, but then so will everyone else.

if you remove the existing file can sonarr process that job? if it does then it may point to a sonarr issue that no one else has seen, if it doesnt then its still an access issue.

i would also be double checking the access you have set on the 1TV UNC host path, and that the user (anonymous in this case?) actually gets that access.

Ok, finally a common thread. These are the same files that have tried downloading dozens if not hundreds of times. I already have these shows watched and dont want them. How do I remove them from this queue running over and over?

Lets agree to disagree.

I migrated snarr to run NOT as a service. I have the same exact issues as Radearr . It isn’t an access issue i can access the files just fine, so can Sonarr. it is other issues.

that was my quoting the last several messages TO me. moving along…

Nothing changed on the system, other than your opinion of what is wrong so at least we are making progress together. like I have said several times, how can I help eliminate the obvious things you believe to be wrong/true.

well, check for yourself. real easy, create a zero byte file in the destination and try to import. you will get the errors I have been reporting all along.

yes I removed the file and it imported correctly.

I have checked this at least nine times. It is all correct. I have screen grabs of all this previously in this email thread.

and Like I said I removed the running as a service, and my log files have not changed. I deleted fifteen zero byte files and those are working.

I have many that are still stuck, presumably for another reason. I am investigating and will report back

delete the zero byte files so that it can import properly and stop looping

first time youve mentioned it but nice to know

well when you want to share what those other errors we’ll be here to try and help

except you changing it to not running as a service, nothing changed

which only changed because you provided more data, i can only go off what you provide to us

just by answering the questions asked

great, so its either an issue with the sonarr code, or you dont have delete rights but i would expect a different error if that was the case

no you dont, i should have noticed those, i double checked, it isnt here

i will see if i can duplicate it

are you able to check the permissions on one of the zero byte files? does the account sonarr is now running under have permission to delete it?

do upgrades work for you? ie can sonarr download a better version and import it ok (removing the previous file)

quick test and i cannot duplicate it. there may be more to it though (im using docker and a synology nas, not windows)

i created zero byte text files with the names i thought soanrr would generate for the import and told it to download the torrent

once the download was complete sonarr tried to import it but realised theres a file already there that shouldnt be there and barfs - leaving the download job in the queue and flagged as needing help (meaning it will not download that episode again until you sort that job out), unless it find a better scored download (i think)

20-10-13 13:16:45.6|Debug|EpisodeFileMovingService|Moving episode file: /media/downloads/transmission/complete/sonarr/The.Good.Lord.Bird.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta[eztv.io].mkv to /media/tv/current/the good lord bird (2020)/season 01/the.good.lord.bird.s01e02.x265.720p.mkv
20-10-13 13:16:45.6|Debug|DiskTransferService|Move [/media/downloads/transmission/complete/sonarr/The.Good.Lord.Bird.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta[eztv.io].mkv] > [/media/tv/current/the good lord bird (2020)/season 01/the.good.lord.bird.s01e02.x265.720p.mkv]
20-10-13 13:16:45.6|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode /media/downloads/transmission/complete/sonarr/The.Good.Lord.Bird.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta[eztv.io].mkv

[v3.0.3.927] NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DestinationAlreadyExistsException: Destination /media/tv/current/the good lord bird (2020)/season 01/the.good.lord.bird.s01e02.x265.720p.mkv already exists.
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.ClearTargetPath (System.String sourcePath, System.String targetPath, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x0001e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:328 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile (System.String sourcePath, System.String targetPath, NzbDrone.Common.Disk.TransferMode mode, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x00228] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:243 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.TransferFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] episodes, System.String destinationFilePath, NzbDrone.Common.Disk.TransferMode mode) [0x00129] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:116 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode) [0x00046] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:79 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode, System.Boolean copyOnly) [0x001ab] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:77 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] decisions, System.Boolean newDownload, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportMode importMode) [0x0029d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:111 

20-10-13 13:16:45.6|Debug|CompletedDownloadService|Not all episodes have been imported for The.Good.Lord.Bird.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta[eztv.io].mkv

do your jobs remain in the activity queue in sonarr? if so then thats another way to cancel them. not sure why it would keep downloading more and more jobs though. i’d expect them to all be still in the sonarr activity log unless the import was successful

you dont see this in your activity log do you?

Well, guys. It ran just fine for years. I felt like there was a ray of sunshine finally like maybe you’ all might be finally listening as much as I am to you. I donated $20 to the cause to prove my word.

And in case I didn’t tell you, I switched Sonarr to NOT starting as a service: I am logged into the machine with an account. Further, I MOVED the share that Sonar and download clients are using to a LOCAL drive. So no network drive, EXCEPT for where sonarr is pushing files to PLEX - that is still a networked drive. I figured changing this will hopefully resolve some of these ghosts or help us learn where there is a breakdown. If it just works, I will try switching back to a service account and/or network drive.

Ok for the next use case that is a problem.

First the log snip:

20-10-13 17:20:13.9|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:20:13.9|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:20:18.8|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode Z:\2Finished\TorrentFinished\Mistresses (US) 2013 Season 4 Complete 720p WEB-DL x264 [i_c]\Mistresses (US) S04e09 The Root Of All Evil.mkv

[v3.0.4.982] System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFileInternal(String source, String destination) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 267
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFile(String source, String destination, Boolean overwrite) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 254
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TryMoveFileVerified(String sourcePath, String targetPath, Int64 originalSize) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 487
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean overwrite) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 367
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.TransferFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, Series series, List`1 episodes, String destinationFilePath, TransferMode mode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 116
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 77
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode, Boolean copyOnly) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:line 77
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 111

20-10-13 17:20:42.3|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
20-10-13 17:20:44.1|Warn|Torznab|Indexer 1337x-Indexed20-4 rss sync didn't cover the period between 10/13/2020 10:05:14 PM and 10/13/2020 10:20:44 PM UTC. Search may be required.
20-10-13 17:20:46.1|Warn|Torznab|Indexer Lime test2 RSS sync didn't cover the period between 10/13/2020 10:05:16 PM and 10/13/2020 10:20:46 PM UTC. Search may be required.
20-10-13 17:20:48.8|Warn|Torznab|Indexer IdopeClone-Cat20-4 rss sync didn't cover the period between 10/13/2020 10:05:19 PM and 10/13/2020 10:19:47 PM UTC. Search may be required.
20-10-13 17:20:56.8|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 473 releases
20-10-13 17:20:57.7|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 473, Reports grabbed: 0
20-10-13 17:21:42.4|Info|QBittorrent|Unknown download state: missingFiles
20-10-13 17:21:43.9|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:21:43.9|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:21:44.0|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:21:44.0|Warn|QualityFinder|Unable to find exact quality for TelevisionRaw and 720. Using WEBDL-720p as fallback
20-10-13 17:21:48.9|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode Z:\2Finished\TorrentFinished\Mistresses (US) 2013 Season 4 Complete 720p WEB-DL x264 [i_c]\Mistresses (US) S04e09 The Root Of All Evil.mkv

[v3.0.4.982] System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFileInternal(String source, String destination) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 267
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFile(String source, String destination, Boolean overwrite) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 254
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TryMoveFileVerified(String sourcePath, String targetPath, Int64 originalSize) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 487
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean overwrite) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 367
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.TransferFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, Series series, List`1 episodes, String destinationFilePath, TransferMode mode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 116
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 77
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode, Boolean copyOnly) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:line 77
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 111

After watching this for a couple hours, what I saw was Sonarr faithfully moving (I have hard linking enabled, but due to my screwy circumstances) and the download client saw files were missing and without much thinking, my first reaction was to tell it to recheck and redownload what is missing.

So, what happened is the download completed, but during turning off/turning on the Sonarr service, and the errors of late: A season downloaded. I can’t say what triggered this situation, but it was in a state where the download client downloaded the whole thing, perhaps the hard lin failed at some point, and sonarr start moving the season, or was mid-move and stopped. So my download client restarts, saw that some parts of the files were missing (they were moved, partially?) and it threw a consistency error and showed to me the file was now no longer 100% downloaded. so I ran a re-check and it started downloading the “missing” episodes that I suspect were already moved by sonarr. in other words, since the client MOVED the file to the ‘I am finished directory’ sonarr did what it is supposed to, but a special case meant the client was downloading to the finished directory, hence the logs.

There is NO way to upload multiple days logs at this point to trace back HOW this happened, but I can tell you I have SEEN this situation crop up in the past, but it is rare.

I stopped sonarr so that my client will finish downloading. I deleted it manually from the client and I tried to manually import it, but it imported just fine. All I can figure is there is some timing problem where the client finished the download, but things started moving before the download client was told to remove the file from its queue. you would have to think like the process was mid-stream and ended to get this scenario. if you want to, I can totally agree this is an exception to the rule and move along. here is just the latest log: https://paste.drhack.net/?e74ab228ed11282f#521v1DytHhUqTA2p2ZJpW2ZTmHqP7tawquygnJTGsxjT

sorry I missed this, so another post.
I have a TON of files showing up in the activity log that do NOT map to anything I can see in either client. I have never understood how this is supposed to work/display.

Sonarr shows:

SAB:

huh, turned on tabbed view, and now I see orphaned jobs.
SAB Orphaned:

I deleted the orphaned jobs from SAB as I confirmed they already exist in my Plex final directory.
But Sonarr still shows all the same jobs in some queue or pending.

Here is my torrent client

So something in sonarr is holding onto these shows, and perhaps is why as you can see multiple attempts to download the same show in SAB.

I will remove these in Sonarr and hope that finally cleans everything out.

it has FULL ACL rights. I can manually create and delete files using that account to that directory.
Rights are set at a parent folder, so all folders/files get the inherited permissions, and yes I checked individual files:

I can post the share permissions and source/dest directories, but they ALL have full control.
edit: and the account is active and not locked out, checked all that too on BOTH computers with this account.

Sonarr only moves torrent files if the client tells Sonarr it’s finished seeding (and the torrent is stopped).

It’s going to take Sonarr ~1 min to process downloads in the client again, restarting Sonarr would force that, as would pressing the refresh button on the queue page. Anything shown in Activity queue is coming from the download client, either the queue or history.

This is pretty common with torrent clients on Windows, they lock the files and Sonarr can’t import.

Focus on one client, SAB is probably best because it doesn’t have any seeding rules.

1. Disable Qbit
  2. Either clear SAB’s history/queue or change the category Sonarr is using
  3. Disable all indexers except one
  4. Grab one thing manually and grab one release
  5. Disable that indexer
  6. Clear the log files
  7. Let the download complete
  8. What happens then?

That will limit the amount of logs created, if that doesn’t import, upload the logs. If it does, enable an indexer and keep an eye on it.

At this point you’re running off on tangents, writing paragraphs on different things and it’s impossible to troubleshoot anything.

Everything may have worked for years, but something changed, there wasn’t a change in Sonarr that only affects you (there are thousands running in similar setups to you without issue).

out of curiosity are you letting sonarr delete the completed and failed jobs?

most of them appear to just be in z:\2finished which im pretty sure isnt where they would end up being download to? as its the “root” folder for your downloads.

ie sab would have put it under the category folder (tv, unless you didnt set a path?), same with qbit (tv-sonarr - i think)

manually importing those files would have also broken the pending manual intervention jobs, thered be no way for those to ever complete and youd have to cancel them in either sonarr or the download client to clean them up.

its a windows 10 based machine, it has to have had several updates in the last 6 months, you cant stop them, and i wouldnt put it past a windows 10 update to break UNC paths. the last one on my machine keeps breaking my internet connectivity, but only for microsoft apps (because they phone home), some days it works, other days it doesnt. i havent changed anything on my part but microsoft break things.

I’ve been dealing with patches from Microsoft since windows nt 3.51. I used to manage the patch process for 20k servers and 50"k clients.

If you get stuck, I’ll be more than happy to help you diagnose your issue. You can always roll back patches or even versions on windows.

I’m new to news, but struggled through it. There seems v to be a bug with sab, it was saving to root, moving it down one folder level changed it to create individual folders per. When I moved everything local, I put torrents and news in seperate sub folders for a visual way to diagnose future issues. I’ve not seen way to create tv folder at the client.

Yes, exactly.

The screen shots above show the state of all clients and sonarr. There were tons of items you can see above that I can’t find in any client. Where else can I look? Wait you said history? That had to be it,but why would it list anything competed?

Yes sonarr manages the deletions.

its all good, its a known issue. microsoft will fix it eventually

in the config, under folders, set the download and completed paths. these are where your jobs, outside of sonarr, will go

save those and change to the categories tab

here youll see the completed path is where things will go unless you set them otherwise. you could, if you want, just use subfolders underneath the completed folder, so just sonarr and radarr fo the path, but i wanted to make sure they were completely separated from each other so i used a (fully specified) path on the same level

so all my sonarr jobs end up in /media/downloads/sabnzbd/sonarr and my radarr jobs end up in /media/downloads/sabnzbd/radarr

remember this page will only let you update one entry at a time, so dont make changes to more than one before saving it.

because sonarr asks the download client for a list of jobs that were assigned the “sonarr” category you set, and includes history because the job is still there. yes its completed, so history, from sabs point of view, but sonarr only processes jobs once they are completed (ie history).

which tends to be why you also let sonarr remove jobs from the history, its easier for cleanup.

youre not letting sonarr handle failed download cleanups, which is fine, but obviously will leave failures in place for you to figure out what went wrong, and for you to manually clean up as well.

those jobs will likely remain in the sonarr activity (with orange “i need help” icons) until you do clean them up (in either sonarr or the download client).

Ok thanks that helps explain it.

So now that everything is switched over, here is what I am seeing thus far

searching for s04e43 … nothing in logs.

sonar 0

sonar

if I had found them in the log, then I would be okay with them showing on the client. The timing insists it had to be reset within the last hour.

you have ignore duplicates enabled in sab so it will delete any job that it sees as a duplicate, and just like manually deleting a job in the download client, it will just disappear from sonarrs activity queue without anything in the sonarr log about it (although there might be something in the trace level logs but im not sure)

20-10-14 16:56:11.4|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to SABnzbd. Bar.Rescue.S04E43.Geting.Freaki.at.the.Tiki.720p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb

im fairly certain sonarr doesnt keep a list of active jobs itself, its just querying the download clients for what they have and displaying those

hmm. not following this error, and the whole log is full of these, preventing 170gb of shows to import, Bar.Rescue.S04E42.Back.to.the.Bar shows up 60 times in this log.
I can remove extra indexes, etc, but it will still fill up with the repeats.

I had dozens of OTHER shows that imported properly. What am I to do?

20-10-14 23:27:46.7|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.720p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.720p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb.mkv

[v3.0.4.982] NzbDrone.Core.Parser.InvalidSeasonException: Expected one season, but found 2 (4, 5)
   at NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode.get_SeasonNumber() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Parser\Model\LocalEpisode.cs:line 45
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 86

or this one

20-10-14 23:27:46.8|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E42.Back.to.the.Bar No.Laughing.Matter.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E42.Back.to.the.Bar_No.Laughing.Matter.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD(1).mkv

[v3.0.4.982] NzbDrone.Core.Parser.InvalidSeasonException: Expected one season, but found 2 (1, 5)
   at NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode.get_SeasonNumber() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Parser\Model\LocalEpisode.cs:line 45
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 86

20-10-14 23:29:15.6|Warn|NotSampleSpecification|Invalid season detected during sample check

I (by hand) removed all logs except the paths to show how many unique shows were throwing this error now:

U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E35.Vulgar.Vixens.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E35.Vulgar.Vixens.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E4.Back.to.the.Bar No.Laughing.Matter.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E4.Back.to.the.Bar_No.Laughing.Matter.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD(1).mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E45.Demolition.Man.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E45.Demolition.Man.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E03.Schmuck.Dynasty.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E03.Schmuck.Dynasty.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E37.Boss.Lady.Blues.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E37.Boss.Lady.Blues.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E04.El.Moronte!!.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E04.El.Moronte!!.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E39.Unnecessary.Toughness.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E39.Unnecessary.Toughness.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD(1).mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E38.Bare.Rescue.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E38.Bare.Rescue.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E05.Anything.You.Can.Yell.I.Can.Yell.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E05.Anything.You.Can.Yell.I.Can.Yell.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E34.Blowing.Royal.Smoke.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E34.Blowing.Royal.Smoke.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E33.Rippers.Rookie.House.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E33.Rippers.Rookie.House.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E3.Sour.Lemons.And.Bitter.Business.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E3.Sour.Lemons.And.Bitter.Business.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E36.Unnecessary.Toughness.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E36.Unnecessary.Toughness.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E43.Geting.Freaki.at.the.Tiki.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E43.Geting.Freaki.at.the.Tiki.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E0.Thugs.with.Mugs.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E0.Thugs.with.Mugs.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.h.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E41.Bare.Rescue.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E41.Bare.Rescue.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD(1).mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E40.Boss.Lady.Blues.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD\Bar.Rescue.S04E40.Boss.Lady.Blues.70p.HDTV.x64-DHD(1).mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E46.Were.Going.to.Need.a.Bigger.Boat.70p.SPIK.WEBRip.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv
U:\MediaTemp\NZBFinished\Bar.Rescue.S04E35.Vulgar.Vixens.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb\Bar.Rescue.S04E35.Vulgar.Vixens.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC.0.H.64-NTb.mkv

And Importing, I am seeing many of the same things I see weekly on a working system.

Season mapping incorrectly:

In this case, these were downloaded to cover the 5 specials. Granted, I couldn’t map these without watching it; however, it would just rock if somehow the downloads were keyed to the show/season/episode/special it was intended to fill. That would solve damn near 100% of any mismatch I ever had to deal with. This is still wrong, to assume s01 only has all episodes included, since specials mess these mappings up among other issues.

i would let sonarr remove failed jobs, that will stop them from building up in the future

i would just delete all of those in sonarr, its obviously from a time when you were testing a different path so just get rid of them.

unless thats your new path? in which case you need to work out why theyre failing to import.

if they are legitiamte failures then allowing sonarr to remove those jobs would be cleaner (and cause you less stress)

your download was meant to be season 4, but sonarr found season 2 files in there - thats going to cause it to fail to import.

yuod have to check what files are in that folder to see if that matches up

this ones not something you can fix in sonarr. its up to the uploaders/release groups to get it right, as well as thetvdb.com, and then xem to fix any weird crap either of them do, so it all maps properly - dont hold your breath though.

youd have to mouse over the red icon at the end to work out why they are having issues. it could be you already have every episode in that or a higher quality and it doesnt want to overwrite them. could be some were missing (ie you unticked some of them in the download client so only the ones you wanted got downloaded but sonarr expected them to all be there)

im almost scared to ask are those files meant to be the entire season in each one, or is each one actually a subset of episodes in season one?

Ok thanks that helps explain it.

These are the new paths. I created a new local drive to sonarr vm the download clients use. This removes the previous discussions.
I can turn the delete failed jobs, BUT then I have no place to go to truely see what failed, what is trying to download the same file over and over.
I already deleted everything in sonarr activity, so this is all failures.
These are all non legit failures, see my previous post above. I need help with all of them, the good news is they all fail the same way.

Would you mind trying adding bat rescue season 4. See what happens. That will tell me a lot.

I understood it to mean it somehow matched/parsed two different seasons (seasons 4 and 5)… So it got it half right - but where is it getting season 5 from? Look at thw file name:Bar.Rescue.S04E42.Back.to.the.Bar there is no 5 in the name, folder etc. So I need help understanding this.

Here is what is in the directory for s04e42

I don’t see anything that should trigger a problem, but v no idea why there are two copies of the show, unless it is related to the multiple download requests.

It shouldn’t be this freaking hard.

Yeah I wish it was that easy. I wouldn’t be here asking for help if it was. It was matching the wrong season, then starting there was files that met the need, but it was looking at the wrong season… So moot.

Question:based on a previous statement, if the storage used by DL clients is local, no remote mapping is needed, correct?

this may be a bad example to use

well for starters thats not s04e42. Back to the Bar: No Laughing Matter is s00e09, one of the specials

http://thexem.de/xem/show/4605 shows that show is a mess. im not sure exactly how to read that but it does sort of look like s04e45 maps to s05e12 via xem

there also two copies of the file in there, so its going to have import issues anyway (unless one is small and possibly a sample file).

tvdb has s04e42 as Land of the Beer and Home of the Misbehaved

if i search in sonarr for s04e42 i get two types returned. most of them are Paradise Lost (s04e41) and one is Demolition Man (s04e45)

basically id say that show is completely messed up and youd have to download everything outside of sonarr, watch each episode to work out what it actually is, correct the filenames, then manually import

sonarr is going to use xem to remap what youre searching for into what the release groups put out but i think that show is just too broken for it to even vaguely work.

correct. although its not technically just a local thing - its that the path returned by the download client is accessible to sonarr using that same path, if it is then no mapping is required

You are spot on. I hadn’t taken the time to investigate the back end. I know XEM fixed earlier seasons, as I helped getting this arranged, I THOUGHT I had also helped them to fix season 4 a while back when I suggested it here, my mistake.
In the past, I made four attempts to ask to have it corrected, but I think they felt the same as you - that one would need to watch the videos to really know what they are. I can say with season 5-current, I have manually downloaded and sorted things myself. Out of all of those downloaded, I had only ONE that the Episode Name was not accurate, but at least 80% of the SxxExx were WRONG. I have also found this to be true with at least six other shows from Discovery Channel where this was the case.

Knowing that the name contained in the filename allowed me to map everything by hand, and knowing that I could use Plex Or Sonarr (XEM) to get a correct list of seasons/episodes’ NAMES it was simply matching the names.

If I could have any wish that would simplify shows that are less popular (hence XEM is wrong because the people watching aren’t pushing to get it fixed) that there was a way to enable per SHOW episode NAME matching - ideally ignore the SxxExx and download and import the correct show automatically. It would work for Bar Rescue- which HAS to be the worst state XEM in place today. This would be a work-around until XEM gets fixed properly which has been years and counting for Bar Rescue, Street Outlaws, street outlaws No Prep Kings, Street Outlaws New Orleans, Deadliest Catch - The Bait, Deadliest Catch - After the Catch , Deadliest Catch (specials only), Yukon Gold, restaurant Impossible, The Profit (specials), (NCIS vs NCIS New Orleans vs NCIS Los Angeles, MoonShiners.

it is a huge overhaul and the latest episodes work fine, as that’s easier to keep up. I guess I am just dreaming of a way for things to just work - despite that won’t happen :wink:

Along these lines, may I suggest a health check be created that just verified permissions are correct?

I worked through all the mismatches, and it looked great, i verified the shows are on plex. A normal user might think things were working, no messages in the UI. I checked the in-bound directory, and the files I migrated manually in the Sonarr UI were still there. Hmm. Ok, This is very different than the problem I experienced with Service Account - there the files would NOT move (due to a file already existing that was obviously from Sonarr due to the renaming mechanism, but it was a 0k file that blocked it from moving. that was several of the cases.) checked the logs of Sonarr, could not … check permissions… Then it hit me. the default permissions would allow things to move, but NOT remove them from the source. Remember that I changed things to use local resources, yeah I didn’t set permissions on the new share, so it has read access, but not change/delete which are needed to MOVE a file properly. Confusing.

I propose a new Health Check be created that simply tries to accomplish all the tasks needed to work. Something like:
Upon Startup accomplish the following:

1. verify can write/read access to source where clients save data (read won’t verify the delete step a MOVE would accomplish)
  2. verify can write/read to ROOT folders (plex directory)
  3. if any failures, show in healthcheck with URL to FAQ. Might need section for Windows/Linux
  4. Write this code such that if there is an error during the processes, you can call this routine but set the source/destination as the step that previously failed. reason: It is possible file permissions are set wrong for SOME folders (due to user incorrectly manually copying the SHOW from one drive to another and keeping permissions of the source folder) This could then be displayed in the healthcheck as well. I will be happy to help design, test, write FAQ entry for this if someone can write the code.

I will try things again here, see if I can uncover other exceptions.

edit:spelling

So thoughts? I can start new requests if needed, or is this a waste?

Found another bug. . Img registering as a video file?

See the line with a file named. Img? Yeah that one. It shouldn’t register as a file, not sure how this got copied in, but that happened some time ago.