Sonarr fails to start on a 88f6282 Arch, renaming Mono method not working

Sonarr version (20210329-19):
Mono version (Xamarin 4.6.2-0096 & mono new version 5.20.1.34-17):
OS Synology 413J Dsm 6.2 :
Debug logs:

**So its been almost a week and i have wasted so much time trying to get my old 413J to use Sonarr, i know its not compatible anymore, but i am hoping there is some miracle someone can help me.

I have used this workaround explained at the end of this article “Sonarr fails to start on Synology after latest package update” where Zenuka downloads old Mono and does all the renaming small m mono to captial M etc for those who know what i am talking about hopefully it makes sense.

So basically I have both 2 mono versions running with the new mono pointing to the old mono as per article above.

It worked once before and silly me i uninstalled them because it had begun to glitch and now will not work at all, i am not the best with linux but i know a little to get me through. Hopefully the log helps and hopefully there is a work around as i dont want to fork out $1000 bucks on a Nas just yet.

Docker is no option on the 413J its not compatible, I tried running sonarr on ubuntu laptop with linux but that ended up being a nightmare spent hours and days trying to use nfs and mapping shares, permissions all that fun.

I tried all the methods in the article that i posted above, but nothing.

Would much appreciate it for you help ? cheers
Description of issue**:

Mono 4.X is not compatible and not supported with v3

That post you linked is for Sonarr v2 which is EOL.

Sounds like you’re SOL.

A Raspberry PI and tossing Ubuntu on it may be your best option

Cheers for clarifying mate, wondering what was going on.

I tried running Ubuntu on an old laptop and the NFS things is big head ache trying to mess around with permissions shared folders. Will it be the same issue running Raspeberry Pi , do you have any recommendations on what Raspberry PI to get, if purely want to use it for Sonarr or what i should be looking for. There are heaps on ebay

Oh man… Reading this brings back nightmares… I remember when I ran into this problem again after a year and had the same struggles. I don’t know what I did other than the post you already found. Since then, I’ve created a simple server with some old hardware that runs sonarr and others like radarr and plex. I only use my old DS213 only as a storage device now. The next step is getting a bit better hardware and new drives for my server and store everything there. Regarding the raspberry pi: I think the cheapest one will do (maybe not the pico because you’ll want a network cable) but I’d recommend a pi 3 or 4. Also I’d suggest switching to docker when using a raspberry pi. There is a bit more to learn when using docker but I think it’s worth it. Good luck!

Cheers mate, apparently Sonarr are working on a version that does not need Mono to run, which would be awesome!.

For now I have to use my power hungry desktop which is mapped to NFS on windows, that was a mission on its own. My goal is a pi or a laptop that’s lightweight that i can run 24/7.

Very frustrating though, nightmare is exactly what it was for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.