Sonarr / Docker / Synology , Volume and Path Setup questions

Sonarr version (3.0.1.418):
Mono version 5.18.0.240-12:
Debug logs:
Description of issue: TV Shows are not being moved to the correct folder. Different releases of the same tv show/season/episode being downloaded.

I have been reading https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-docker

and it says " Most Docker images suggest paths like /tv and /downloads. This causes slow moves and doesn’t allow hard links because they are considered two different file systems inside the container. Some also recommend paths for the download client container that are different from the Sonarr container, like /torrents.
The best solution is to use a single, common volume inside the containers, such as /data. Your TV shows would be in /data/TV, torrents in /data/downloads/torrents and/or usenet downloads in /data/downloads/usenet."

So my question is this. I have on my Synology NAS, a /docker/sonarr folder, a video/TV folder (where all my completed tv series are housed), and a Download/completed folder (where deluge puts completed downloads).

I have attached a few screenshots. Do I have the paths not configured correctly? The goal: Deluge to download torrent to the Download directory. Sonarr to look in the directory, find the TV show, and move it to my /video/TV folder where all my shows/seasons are.

location of where downloads go on disk station (download folder)
37%20AM

Location of where completed TV shows reside

Location of Docker/sonarr

Deluge Docker Volume settings

Sonarr Docker Volume settings

/data should map to the same location for both containers if you expect it to just work (otherwise you need to create a path mapping, which is pointless if youre using docker on the same host, just map them to the same location instead).

eg deluge will tell sonarr the file was downloaded to /data/complete/folder/filename but sonarr has /data mapped elsewhere so that path wont exist and it will fail and continue to try and download it.

map Download to /data for both containers and they should be happy - although to be clear i would be using /download and not /data to make it obvious what it is (you just need to reconfigure deluge paths if you do though)

if you have sonarr setup correctly for series paths then it should just work after that

which is just melodramatic. youre downloading automatically to watch later, you wont care if it takes an extra 5 minutes to move now - and it doesnt actually take anywhere near that long even on my old ds2411+

well that all depends on security. im not going to map my entire data volume into a docker container when that container has no need to touch anything except my video media.

i would make it common at the highest level required for each container;
eg /volume1/data/media/video mapped to /media (which contains tv and movies)

and /volume1/downloads to /downloads (which contains transmission/completed and emule/completed and downloadstation/completed) that way the /downloads path is common across all my download clients as well as sonarr and radarr

So basically I do not have to have Tv, Movies, and download inside the same folder? I can keep the current layout as I have now ? (ie. /volume1/download, /volume1/video/)?

Reading online I was suggested to go with a route of using

/home/dump/media/downloads
/home/dump/media/tv
/home/dump/media/movies

And then mount the entire parent directory (media) so that there’s only a single volume:

/home/dump/media ------- /media

In deluge use /media/downloads for downloads

In Sonarr TV shows are on /media/tv and downloads are on /media/downloads

Also, in Sonarr 3, if I did move the TV shows, how to I assign a new root folder for the shows in sonarr so they know where to look/house the shows?

do what works for you

ok but who sets up their volume structure like that? no ones going to put their download clients in the media folder as its not media, its downloads.

if you really wanted something like that then you’d probably set it up the other way then create mount points for the actual folders underneath your docker folder and then mount just that single folder into the container. best of both worlds.

presuming you can be bothered going to all that effort for very little reward

same as v2, in the series > series editor page

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.