Sonarr delete my files itself

Sonarr version (3.0.6.1342):
**Windows 10 **:
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Hi everyone,
I have a little problem with sonarr.
when i download a file, the download starts well but it deletes itself directly after the download is finished.
the problem is not with my client because if I do the download manually it works.
Do you have a solution?
I specify that the option “remove completed” is disabled

Sonarr never deletes anything by itself.

Usenet will be moved or copy+delete

Torrents will copy or hardlink seeding torrents or move or copy+delete if the client reports they are complete and not seeding

I use qbittorent, when i manually import torrent my movie isn’t delete and it’s the same for radarr.
But with sonarr the file aren’t move to my folder he just disappears.

If you’re manually importing then you likely have it set to move rather than copy/hardlink - bottom left corner of the manual import screen

Of course you should really need to manually import anyway - really only for naming mismatches

Made an account just to say this guy is right, this plague Sonarr and Radarr from a long time, files get downloaded and some of them just disappear from the location where torrent client download’s them. (NOTE: I did not set any of them Radarr or Sonarr to move files or delete them when seed done, not in torrent clients or anywhere)

Also note this only happens to files downloaded by torrent clients trough Sonarr and Radarr, never happen to files downloaded with other purposes. My best guess something happens sometimes, not every time when files get imported by Radarr or Sonarr.

1 Like

You created an account just to be wrong and ignore the facts?

Get trace logs of sonarr magically deleting files.

Well, bakerboy448, maybe you need to take your head out of the sand and listen to what people say, as I also have this weird problem with Radarr and Sonarr that files magically disappear. Anything downloaded manual using DogNZB web page works fine and never gets deleted.
Files occasionally disappear into thin air when they are processes/moved by Radarr/Sonarr to the movie/series folders. Just sometimes, maybe 1 or 2% of the time. I’ve been using Sonarr long before it’s name was changed from NzbDrone to Sonarr, for many many years never had these problems. Always used Sonar in combination with SabNZB and DogNZB. Raddarr seems to be worse than Sonarr for this problem, with Sonarr it only popped up in V3.

@Gone

Its not Sonarr nor Radarr magically deleting files.

It is not magically deleting, it is moving or renaming the files into nowhere. It happens when the files are moved to their movie/series folders.

Do not deny that Sonarr/Radarr moves/renames files, as that is part of the core functionality for movie/series management

And yet no one has provided proof - with trace logs - of a file being moved into an abyss and disappearing rather than being in their series folders

To be honest, bakerboy448, I’m not sure if you are a troll, just ignorant, or clueless. But one thing is for sure, you are so set in your ways that you are not open to anything other than you may know. Just open yourself to the possibility that there is a problem, and that the trace logs do not capture it. If you can’t do that, then you should stop responding and pass this on to people who are willing to consider it. Your behavior is of anti-customer service.

So you have no evidence to back up your claim that Sonarr deletes files and yet you blame Sonarr for deleting files?

That’s real rich.

Files are copied or moved into the series folder. What you’re saying is that the file system is telling Sonarr the move or copy completed but it did not actually the file is gone?

Everything Sonarr does is logged. So if it is not in the trace logs then ergo Sonarr is not the one deleting the files.

Also your personal attacks and statements without proof strongly imply you sir are the troll not to mention other than the two in this thread the several hundred thousand Sonarr users have not reported this issue.

Thank you for your non support, I will now be leaving Sonarr and Radarr, after many many years, as your attitude no longer fits my needs.

For everyone in this thread, please chill.

All file operations that Sonarr performs, and api calls to download clients are logged at Debug level, and some operations at more detail in Trace level.

One of the scenarios where Sonarr moves files before they finished seeding in the torrent client is when manually told to do so by the user via Force Import or, more likely, Manual Import (since manual import defaults to move).

It’s impossible to investigate any potential issues without sufficient information. Amongst other things, we need debug/trace level log files and how files were imported (manual or automatic). A timetable, like “This release was downloaded at x datetime and imported at y datetime, and a day later I noticed the files were gone from the torrent client”, along with the relevant logs from that period.
Those logs should be able to tell if Sonarr erroneously thought the torrent finished seeding, or whether there’s another issue.
But we cannot act on mere claims, we need information. Anything else will neither solve your problem nor improve the product.

2 Likes

Came here looking for an answer and found this thread about files disappearing. Well, that is happening to me. Something, maybe it is Sonarr, maybe it isn’t, is deleting files that have not yet been imported. Maybe my settings are jacked up. I don’t know. But help would be appreciated.

For starters, Sonarr has recently begun importing (automatically) files into the wrong series folder, which means it is possibly deleting what was there, if it thinks it is an upgrade. I literally just caught it sticking an episode of Friends (S03E20) into the House folder, where it nuked what was there. So, I am now downloading that one again. I have no idea why it is doing this, but it is incredibly annoying.

The second issue, and this may be where my settings may be off, is that it is importing files from where NZBGet is saving them, but then, at some point, it seems like Sonarr is trying to nuke everything in the folder when it is done. Have seen the folders disappear, but cannot prove that it was Sonarr that did it. NZBGet is set to unpack as it downloads. Actually watched the folder where a files was being unpacked disappear right along with the one that Sonarr was importing a file from. NZBGet then had to completely unpack everything when the download finished.

If there is something I can upload to help figure all of this out, I would be happy to do so, but someone is going to have to give me instructions on exactly what is needed, please.

I am running Ubuntu 20.04, NZBGet 21.1 and Sonarr 3.0.7.1477.

All help is greatly, greatly appreciated!

A separate thread on it is probably better.

Some steps:

• Settings->Media Management, Enable Recyclebin folder. In case you haven’t already, it can help recovery of some files without having to redownload them.
  • Settings->General, Set Log level to Trace

Next what you should so is start analyzing these cases. The Sonarr log files, particularly trace, contains a ton of info about Sonarr is doing regarding files and imports. It’s absolutely one of the first things you should so.

Like the Friends one.
Activity->History would show the import happening including it’s source and destination folders. Then check the logfile around the same time to see what was happening.

Sonarr has recently begun importing (automatically) files into the wrong series folder

I’ve only seen this happen for Sabnzbd when ppl enabled sorting or disabled job folders (meaning the folder that Sabznbd reports to Sonarr is not actually for one download both instead multiple).
It’d be useful to describe the exact workflow, which folders it’s downloaded in, which folders it’s unpacked in, which folders it gets imported into and use the logs to confirm it.

This type of behavior also has been seen when users are downloading to their root/library folders (or as Taloth said - Sort is enabled (I thought the code checks for that…guess not?) which would have a healthcheck that’s ignored as well.

Usenet source files being deleted is expected and sane if completed download handling remove is enabled and that’s just business as usual as explained in the docs.

Thank you both very much for the replies. I will take your suggestions and see what I can do. If I continue to have issues, I will post a new thread on it.

Just going to follow up right here for the moment because I may have fixed the deletion issue. Whether it fixes the “putting files in the wrong directory” issue remains to be seen.

I decided to nuke the NZBGet queue, history, and renaming extensions, and turned off the option to have it clean up (delete) the download directory after import is completed. So far, four items have finished properly. Here’s hoping.

Thanks again.

Following this thread closely as well. I have been using Sonarr for almost a decade and it has worked very well. I have a dedicated Windows 10 machine with mapped drives to my 16TB Synology DS418 for TV Shows (Y:) and Movies (Z:). I use NZBGet with the videosort extension. All usenet via NZBGeek, NZB.SU, and Dognzb. I have the recycle bin option turned on in Synology. After the March 4th Sonarr update, I started to see downloaded shows appearing in the Recycle folder. Then I started to notice previously downloaded entire seasons were in the recycle folder. This morning, I moved a season of episodes out of recycle back into the Y:\TV Shows main folder. I went into Sonar, opened that series, and did a disk scan to re-find the episodes. The files that I had just moved out of the recycle bin to the Y: TV show folder, moved back to the recycle bin right after I hit the disk scan button in Sonarr. I moved the files back and tried it again but they stayed put this time. Alot of weirdness going on…I just switched log level from Info to Trace so hopefully this will show something useful.