Sonarr and seedbox integration so that pulls video from seedbox to home

Hello all,
I am running sonarr locally and have a seedbox, currently I am letting my seedbox do all the downloading for me from my private trackers though the use of rtorrent/rutorrent with the autodl-irssi plugin instead of using sonarr. Basically I have installed webdrive which allows me to mount my seedbox as a drive on my windows computer. My question is how do I get sonarr to get the data from my seedbox to my home computer. See this for my current setup. http://imgur.com/rXbW0fi

Currently I do not want Sonarr to be in charge of locating the torrent file and telling rtorrent/rutorrent to download it for me and prefer to use the autodl-irssi feature due to I can get stuff faster and I keep good ratio’s. I just now need sonarr to bring the files from my seedbox on to my home computer. I believe that sonarr is talking to my seedbox good because on my seedbox when I added in that remote path sonarr wrote a test file to that folder location.

1 Like

The torrents will need to be labeled with the same label that Sonarr is set to use (tv-sonarr by default), They must be using a label, using no label will cause Sonarr to reject them. They should also show up in Sonarr’s queue when downloading.

Debug logs should give an indication as to what the issue is.

Hello, thanks for the super quick response. If you look at the linked image I have my remote path and local path going to a final folder named “TV” and inside of that is just the video files themselves, they are not nested inside of a folder. Is there some other settings I need to be looking at, should I have any file path in the drone factory path listed, or should I have anything listed in the download clients. Is there a guide to this somewhere that you suggest I look at?

Don’t use Drone Factory.
Setup a download client that points to the the seedbox rTorrent and make sure Completed Download Handling is enabled.

Would love suggestions on how to setup this page. http://imgur.com/JcfhunG For the basic info. when I got to my seedbox I just always go straight to 198.50.xxx.xxx/rutorrent so I don’t really know the port that rutorrent is on. Also I have made sure that I have the RPC plugin installed. For the line URL base all that I have in is exactly what you see on the screen should something be in front of it? Finally for the Directory line, am I doing using the correct “/” symbol our should it be “”?

The host you use here needs to match the host field for the Remote Path Mapping.

The URL Base is not the path on the system, but the path in the URL you need to hit the RPC endpoint. Your provider may be able to help you configure it.

Only Windows uses \ in paths, so yes, thats correct.

So this is what I am up to after talking with my seedbox company, Tuvix hosting, great guys, http://imgur.com/KwRs9z4 I guess all I need now is that Url Base? I know some of the path is “/var/rutorrent/rutorrent/plugins/rpc/rpc.php” I guess I just need to know the info before that, right?

Well it could be something like: rutorrent/plugins/rpc/rpc.php

Putting the URL in the browser should return something when you hit the correct URL.

Here are my settings in case you can learn from them:
rTorrent Settings are:
Host: xyz.pulsedmedia.com
Port: 80
Url Path: /user-xxxx/rutorrent/plugins/rpc/rpc.php
Category: sonar
Directory: blank

Remote Path Mappings:
Host: xyz.pulsedmedia.com
Remote Path: /home/xxxx/data/
Local Path: P:\data\ (using NetDrive2)

I have been using a program named “webdrive” and have had nothing but a hard time with it, I might switch over to the program you are using, which I guess is Netdrive. Has it been rock steady for you?

I have found Netdrive to work well. The free version is limited to one connection but that is all I need so all good.

That is perfect and great to know! Will switch over to it right now. I think my problem might be the program I have been using. I am however really surprised of one thing is that for your local path you are using
Local Path: "P:\data"
Reading everything have I thought you had to use something like:
Local Path: "\198.xxx.xxx.xx\data"
But if it is working for you it will work for me I hope :slight_smile: Also what version of windows are you using on your home pc?

Local Path has to be a drive letter. Hence using Netdrive to map to remote directory. Using Windows 10.

For anyone out there that comes across this page these was my final settings, also my problem, at least for me was the program “webdrive” it did not seem to want to play nice with sonarr. Webdrive seemed to randomly work and not work for me thus causing all the problems that I had. I am now currently using the program “Netdive” which is free for one connection, which works for me.
Host: my seedbox’s Ip address
Remote Path: /home/user/downloads/Seeding/TV/ "this will be slightly different for everybody out there"
Local Path: E:\downloads\Seeding\TV\ “this will be slightly different for everybody out there”

Thanks JonP for all your help.

I tried netdrive… but I couldn’t get anymore than 500 kbps out of it…webdrive was giving me 3+mbps… any ideas?

I eventually went back to webdrive, due to the speed issue as well. I could never get it to get speeds like you said but I did find it to be faster than netdrive. All of my issues with webdrive was due to me, i had really screwed up my seedbox, and did a complete operating system install.

did you find anything else with webdrive that was messed up? I seem to have problems where sonarr wont import any files until i “refresh” the webdrive. Like, i need to open it up in explorer. almost like it times out.

Settings>basic cache settings> choose “none-download files from server on each access by an application.”

Also change this:
Settings>basic file settings> check the box next to “Resume interrupted file transfers”

1 Like

Just changed the settings.Hope it works. Either way, thank you!

don’t forget to do the restart of webdrive after changing the settings, but it of course tells you that any time you change a setting. I have had mine setup and working good for roughly two weeks with no problems. Only issue I have now is sonarr downloading multiple copies of the same episodes even though i have “download propers” turned off. Also for some reason in rutorrent I get torrents that get paused and I can not unpause them that was downloaded by sonarr.