ruTorrent seedbox and Sonarr error?

Hello everyone. I’m having trouble getting Sonar to work with my ruTorrent seedbox. Can someone help me understand this?

I’m getting the text:

Episode Name

[/home/tedia1/home/finished/Show Name and Episode] is not a valid local path. You may need a Remote Path Mapping.

I went into settings > download client > and under Remote Path Mapping I have tried the following:

Host: the address of the seedbox (yo.Chociz.com for example).

It’s adding the torrents correctly, and it deletes torrents correctly. But it won’t retrieve them… Any ideas?

Here’s my trace log https://www.dropbox.com/s/awmbxntpx6lpnsy/nzbdrone%202-26-2016.txt?dl=0

Remote Path: the path reported in the warning /home/username/home/finished
Local Path: Where you have the remote path mounted locally, SSHFS is the recommended method.

Firstly, thank you so very much for responding. I really appreciate it. I’m just ever bit more confused. Well, I decided that the server I was trying to get it to work on was a pain, so I changed it to another seedbox that I’m testing out… I got a lot of it to work, except now I get this error:

No files found are eligible for import in M:\Plex Media\TV Shows\downloads\American.Dad.S12E05.Stan.Smith.as.Keanu.Reeves.as.Stanny.Utah.in.Point.Breakers.720p.WEB-DL.x264.AAC

Any ideas? I saw that the downloads folder on the new server is
/rtorrent/downloads

So I did this:
Remote path: /home/zkyevolved/rtorrent/downloads/
Local path: M:\Plex Media\TV Shows\downloads\

Is that correct?

I believe what you mentioned that I need to do is mount the remote folder on my windows machine so it sees it locally? I’m not so sure how to do this. Can you point me in the direction of a tutorial for windows? I don’t know if this will be possible on a Torrent Box that I’m renting… Would it? It’s a wicked server’s box, on the lower end side. I have one of these: https://tal0ne.co.uk/cute-series.php and it says SSH is not an option…

Here are the latest logs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq576h44vstwxkn/nzbdrone%202-27-2016%201.txt?dl=0

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Correct, Sonarr needs to be able to access the files, many people use sshfs, but you will need SSH access for that, beyond that I don’t have anything to recommend, not sure if there are many Windows user’s with a seedbox thats not using sshfs.

It says ssh is disabled, but SFTP enabled, is probably under a chroot jail for your home remote folder in your seedbox.
Theoretically sshfs should work, give it a try.

I wrote to the tal0ne support, and I got these emails as a reply:

Hello,

I’m sorry I just checked the attached files provided and unfortunately you need a seedbox with SSH access to mount the remote folder on your local machine for Sonarr to see it. Our Streamboxes comes with SSH access: https://tal0ne.co.uk/streamboxes.php

Those literally cost far to much…

Is there literally no other way or addon to get the file? I mean, it doesn’t need to delete it, but is there a way to see if the file is done downloading on the server (which it does already) and then use a “get ftp” kind of command? Because I’ve seen many times ftp://user:pass:domain:21/files/downloads/etc file.blah"

Because the jump in price well, it’s just too high…

So, I was thinking about using an app called: WebDrive 2016.

I mounted the folder correctly (I told ruTorrent to move all files with label tv-sonarr to a new folder in the downloads called “sonarrdownloads\downloads” and in my plex folder I created a folder called \downloads\

And basically, I mounted that drive via SFTP (works fine), and I went into the Remote Path Mappings, and I put this
Host: W:\ (the drive letter it is mounted to)
remote path: \downloads
local path: M:\Plex Media\TV Shows\downloads\

saved it,

And tested a small file and got this:
Bobs.Burgers.S06E08.480p.WEB-DL.x264-ZED
[/home/zkyevolved/rtorrent/sonarrdownloads/downloads/Bobs.Burgers.S06E08.480p.WEB-DL.x264-ZED] is not a valid local path. You may need a Remote Path Mapping.

How is it going to home my username and rtorrent… Is it pulling it from my wicked servers automatically? How can I configure Sonarr to use the locally mounted FTP drive as the remote folder? Is that even possible?

Thank you :wink:

BTW- I’ve tried changing the host to W:, localhost, and the name of the torrentbox I’m using (wicked)… I have no idea how to point the remote path to a local drive (W:)

EDIT: I fixed it in my own way. The Good Sync running every 30 minutes to download any new episodes.

When sonarr runs as service under system account it doesn’t have access to drive letters. Haven’t used windows in a while, but you can read more here if you don’t want to be running the task every 30 minutes.

Well, I tried what it said in the guide, but drives mounted with WebDrive aren’t visible. :frowning:

The problem I’ve run into with GoodSync is that folders are all a mess! So a show that gets downloaded will just be copied and not renamed or moved into the correct folder like what Sonarr would do… So I still have to go to the folder and move the files into their correct folders if I want Plex to see it correctly…

Is there any solution to this? Like have Sonarr monitor a local folder and when it appears on this folder, have it scan, rename and move the file to the correct folder? Like, basically instead of going to the seedbox to get the file, go to a local folder and wait for it to appear and then move it when it’s there? Then continue…

Webdrive is used by some people here in the forum

@JOE_JONES or @toyebox might give you more insight

Thanks. I replied to it, but it made a new thread. Hopefully @JOE_JONES and or @toyebox can help.

Thanks @subzero79

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.