Set up a new NAS; can't connect to shares on network

I am using Sonarr on a mac mini and was running out of external hard drive space, so i resurrected an old ReadyNas NV+ I had lying around and stuffed 8TB into it…I moved the shows over to the NAS already, and I enabled NFS and AFP as services on it, and decided not to use CIFS/SMB…The NAS is online and my Pi3 can see the NAS via NFS and all shows are visible and in working order, but I cannot get the NAS to show up in the series editor in the “change path” section so that I can have Sonarr send files directly to the NAS from now on…I have seen other people here who have this problem ( I DID use the search function!), but I am by no means a coder and I don’t understand all unix/linux commands, so i’m not sure what to do to get my NAS to show up in the change path section…any thoughts or ideas?

I responded on Reddit, but your post was removed from /r/usenet.

Have you mounted the share on the Mac yet? I assume there is a way to do that in the UI, but this looks like the way to do it in terminal: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/107308/mount-shared-drive-via-afp-in-terminal

I looked at the link you sent me, mount shared drive via AFP in terminal, and I’m not 100% sure that applies to me, because that NAS already shows up in my finder with full login credentials and everything…I can see the movies/tv shows folder, I can see the items in the folder, so its already mounted on the network…my reasoning for wanting to use NFS was because its supposed to be faster than SMB, and because it also showed up relatively easy in the Pi3 I’m running kodi on…I had to get an app called SMBup just to make my externals show up so i could add them to the network so the pi could see them…anyway, back on track…this is the address the pi is using for tv shows now: nfs://192.168.1.27/c/TVShowsNAS This address works and everything shows up as it should in kodi, so yeah…just can’t figure out how to get sonarr to see that same nfs share…i enter it in the select folder and i just get an invalid path error.

so on a whim, I closed sonarr, went into applications and hit “show package contents”, then clicked the nzbdrone.exe, and got nothing…i scrolled further down and clicked the sonarr .exec, and a terminal window opened up…went back to safari and reloaded my sonarr local page, went to change the path, and then went to volumes, and the TVShowsNAS folder was suddenly there. I don’t know how it’s connecting (either AFP/NFS or EVEN SMB for all i know, but I was able to change it…I have not grabbed any shows yet to test it, but I’m going to do that now.

ok so here’s an update: on the series editor page, all of the shows appear to be pointing to my TVShowsNAS folder, because it showed up in volumes in the change path box. When I grab an episode, said episode does NOT get moved to Sonarr, it just goes to the complete folder that SAB uses. Also, when i go to the System page and look at the status, other drives show up there, but the TVShowsNAS mount does NOT…how can that be? Im guessing thats why files aren’t getting sent to Sonarr on completion?

You’d have to check the logs to confirm, but the fact that Sonarr can’t see it likely means that’s the reason why. Is it automatically disconnecting for some reason (not used so being disconnected, the NAS is going to sleep or something else)?

no, as far as I can tell its not going to sleep, its been very active as I have been sending 2TB to it overnight and today, and its telling me its gonna take 10 days to do it…meh. How do I check log files to see if the NAS is being seen as it should be?

System: Logs: Log Files in Sonarr will give you information on failed imports, first enable ((debug logging)) so you have more details as to what is happening (in Sonarr’s world).

here is a link to my log file BEFORE I enabled debugging…is there anything you can make out of this? a paper plane, a crane, a nice little hat? kidding.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1417240/sonarrlog.rtf

Your logs are filled with dozens of errors similar to:

16-9-27 08:15:52.2|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /Volumes/media/Complete/Last.Week.Tonight.with.John.Oliver.S03E23.720p.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh

Sonarr can’t access the folder, is this the NAS?
Either that directory doesn’t exist or the user running Sonarr doesn’t have access (perhaps due to how it is mounted?)

That is the “complete” folder from SAB that i am using in order to free up space on my mac mini that is running SAB…It shows as guest, but I can log into no problem and use my admin acct since on my local network, but i don’t think it makes a difference as the NAS is set to allow full guess privileges.

http://imgur.com/IDDTh8c

Is Sonarr running as your user?
Are you able to access /Volumes/media/Complete/Last.Week.Tonight.with.John.Oliver.S03E23.720p.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh through terminal?

I think?

MacBook-Pro-3:~ Skawalker$ /Volumes/media/Complete/Last.Week.Tonight.with.John.Oliver.S03E23.720p.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh
-bash: /Volumes/media/Complete/Last.Week.Tonight.with.John.Oliver.S03E23.720p.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh: is a directory
MacBook-Pro-3:~ Skawalker$

is that considered accessing? Tried to screenshot but the pic didnt fit in the reply box with imager link

Does Activity Monitor show mono running under your account or another one?

Yeah, that should mean you can access it via terminal.

In Sonarr if you go to Add Series, Add Existing how far are you able to browse that path? You should be to see /Volumes can you see /Volumes/media and /Volumes/media/Complete?

if mono is “mono-sgen32” is what mono is called in the activity center, then yes, it’s running under the account I call “Mini”, which is my account.

As for the rest of your message, I am guessing you mean when I go to add series and you said “add existing” that you meant “import existing series on disk”, correct"

If thats the case, I can see /Volumes/media as well as /Volumes/media/complete, i hit the checkmark box and saved it, and it added the shows i had in there, which i already had as shows anyway, but yes, it looks like it did see them as far as i can tell.

I got a bunch of “sorry, we couldn’t find any series matching” messages followed by the show name/episode#/etc…

I didn’t want you to actually add them because those are unsorted series (or should be), just that Sonarr could see the folders there so it should be able to import them.

If Sonarr can see them it shouldn’t have any problems importing them when they finish downloading (as long as that mount stays accessible).

Is Sonarr still unable to import files?

what is the path that Sonarr should be pointing at/using for in the series editor/root folder? is it the folder with all the tv shows in it or is it the complete folder?

this was just taken:

Component Message Time
ImportApprovedEpisodes Couldn’t import episode /Volumes/media/Complete/Atlanta.S01E03.Go.For.Broke.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-OOSH/160913_13.mkv: Access to the path is denied. 1:30pm
ImportApprovedEpisodes Couldn’t import episode /Volumes/media/Complete/Atlanta.S01E04.The.Streisand.Effect.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-OOSH/160914_01.mkv: Access to the path is denied. 1:29pm
ImportApprovedEpisodes Couldn’t import episode /Volumes/media/Complete/Atlanta.S01E05.Nobody.Beats.The.Biebs.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-OOSH/160914_05.mkv: Access to the path is denied. 1:29pm

I ordered a Synology DS416Play 4 bay that will be here monday, and it supposed to run SAB and Sonarr as apps so hopefully it will clear up this sharing/networking issue.

And just to confirm, in my finder sidebar, I can see that the NAS is mounted via AFP and all folders contain media are visible and accessible, and the same is true for NFS as well…shows up as a local IP addy in my finder, and the TVshows, Movies, Media, and Complete folders are all mounted

The folder with all the TV shows.

Seems like a permissions issue. Sonarr moves the files, so it needs read and write access to them.

((Debug logs)) would show if it actually tried to move them or if it failed trying to read them.

debug long from 2:55pm, today the 28th, 20 min ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1417240/debug255pm.rtf

Also, on the disk space heading on the status page…all that shows up is the hard drive for the Mini, the 500GB external that my tv shows are on that i moved TO the NAS, and the 2TB external that has my movies on it. none of those are networked drives.

Also, can you clarify what it means to use Sonarr as an app vs as a service on a mac? i think i am using it as an app currently as its in my login items on startup…any chance this makes a difference?

Sonarr is failing to move the file, it was able to read it, but it doesn’t have write permissions so it can’t move it.

Can’t be sure if the issue is with the source:
/Volumes/media/Complete/Masters.of.Sex.S04E03.The.Pleasure.Protocol.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb/Masters.of.Sex.S04E03.The.Pleasure.Protocol.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv

or the destination:
/Volumes/TVShowsNAS/Masters of Sex/Season 04/Masters of Sex - S04E03 - The Pleasure Protocol.mkv

I can’t tell which ones you expect to be there or not, but Sonarr may not be able to get the space for the network drives.

For service do you mean a plist? Like so? https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-OS-X That’s the the old way before Sonarr.app existed.