Random truncation (or corrupted) files on CIFS/SAMBA Share

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 3.10.0
Description of issue:
Lately, I have been noticing many TV Shows files arriving truncated on the Sonarr folder.

The original files (download from NZBGet) are OK but when Sonarr (on Ubuntu) picks them up to move them to my CIFS/SAMBA share, randomly the files are just truncated.

I can’t figure out what the problem is and how to solve it. Does anyone have the same issue or maybe an idea of how to solve it?

I recalled this thread. General consensus seems to be “move away from CIFS/SAMBA asap”…

Yes Thirrian is right. That was the main reason i moved from Rasberry PI installation to the MAC OS cause more than enough files were truncated at the end.

Not to jump in late to the pool but have you tried using NFS/SSHFS instead? NFS here and it’s working great.

For what it’s worth, this seems to be a problem across an LXC mount bind as well. I have sonarr and nzbget running on the same container, Nzbget download directory and sonarr destination directory both bound to same physical hard disk on the host, and still getting random truncating errors. As far as I know, no CIFS/smb involved. That’s not to say that I’m not getting random truncation on a remote folder as well (I am–an old series on a NAS I was/am using before upgrading storage on local machine.)

Hello folks… I think I might have your fix. You can read it here. https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/strange-failures-on-cifs-mounts-solution/16741

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.