Quality Profile with Encoding (in addition to Quality)

Re: Quality Profile by Encoder (x265)

Currently profiles are based on Quality and in addition, the quality can be given a range of size. Size is really a difficult way of getting the quality by a preferred encoding. Often the x265 is really good quality and small filesize, but it’s not always available, so then x264 is would be an option. However, getting the right thing by just using Quality and Filesize is difficult. I think preferred Encoding would really help with this.

You should be able to do this with a release profile and specifically the “Preferred” terms section where you can add scores to terms in the release (i.e. “x265” could be preferred to “x264”).

I don’t see a preferred terms section. You’re talking about Quality Profiles, right?

I have used this previously when I specifically wanted “HDR” or “DV” on a specific series. In my case I used “Must Contain” but it seems you are okay with x264 if it is the only version available so you would do it with “Preferred” weighted terms. It should work although I have not tried it myself.

Under Settings/Profiles

oh I didn’t realize this was a seperate type of Profile. thank you. I’ll give this a shot

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.