Profile and cutoff not being honored, duplicate downloads

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 3.10.0

Hi Folks,

I’ve looked around and read the documentation bit maybe im having a massive brain fart. I believe I’ve configured the appropriate profiles and cutoff, but Sonarr is still downloading multiple copies of files even after a quality above my cutoff is reached. The image below shows one example of this, but it seems to happen for almost all downloads. If someone could look at my image link above and give me a sanity check that would be great.

Thanks,

Works as expected, based on your quality profile. Read the (?) next to the list of qualities, it says that the ones at the top are considered better than the ones below.
Looks like you rearranged the order. Perhaps you want “at least sdtv but hdtv or bluray are fine too”? In that case, leave the cutoff at sdtv but reverse the order of the qualities so sdtv is at the bottom.

Really? When I read the tooltip it says qualities higher in the list are preferred… which as i have pictured i thought would be correct (SDTV at the top)… at the end of the day I prefer SDTV and 480p level quality, but if only 720p and the like exists im fine with those too. If I download any quality i want it to stop looking.

As you suggest I’ll reverse the order and keep SDTV as the cutoff and see how that goes…

Thanks!

To say it another way, the sdtv cutoff quality was never reached in your original profile. So sonarr kept on finding/replacing files with progressively better quality until it would reach sdtv.
Shameless plug of old reply in another topic: Asking for confirmation of sonarr logic

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.