Problem after upgrading to the new Apple MacOS Beta - Catalina

It gets placed in /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS

This takes the windows .net binary (which requires mono to run) and creates a 64 bit MacOS executable (that has mono embedded in it) that can run from it.

Sorry dberlin, can I ask you to spell this out for me (us?)

So I created that executable that now resides inside the Sonarr.app package.

Do I run somehow run that .exe as an executable now? (and add it to my Security & Privacy / Privacy / Full Disk Access settings?)

• Thanx
  • Jon

Iā€™ve tried the methods above and combinations of all suggestions and it will only work with adding sh to full disk access, which Iā€™m not going to do due to the security implications.

I currently have Sonarr running via command line using a launch agent I created:

cd /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/
mono Sonarr.exe

The launch agent is formatted as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Label</key>
   <string>Sonarr</string>
   <key>ProgramArguments</key>
   <array><string>/Applications/SonarrLaunch/sonarrStart.sh</string></array>
   <key>RunAtLoad</key>
   <true/>
   <key>KeepAlive</key>
  <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

No problems with the app staying open, so these work as expected.

Iā€™ve added combinations of the Sonarr.app, Sonarr executable file, mono-sgen64 to full disk access. Still having access errors:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr

Absolutely baffled. Open to suggestions, but it looks like Iā€™ll be waiting for an update.

I get the error:

Cannot open assembly ā€˜sonarr.appā€™: File does not contain a valid CIL image.

when trying to run mono Sonarr.app from ~/Applications in Terminal
I am not sure what a CIL image is.

1 Like

You beautiful man, you! This fixed it! I was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldnā€™t update my newest episodes, and this step-by-step was just the ticket. I can sleep a little easier tonight.

me too. I donā€™t even know how to be notified when there is an update (as I can only find a download option on the home screen) so I am resorting to downloading every so often and hoping it runs.

Thereā€™s been some discussion in a GitHub issue about this: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/3168

Unfortunatly, I doubt a fix is going to be with us soonā€¦

yeah, funnily enough, I have just been looking at that thread.

My main interest in Sonarr, isnā€™t the downloading, but simply the knowledge of what episodes are missing. Is there something else that can do that?

it worked for me, thanks :hugs:

Is there a recommended solution on this? I upgraded to Catalina and Sonaar / Radarr no longer works.

Iā€™ve tried the run mkbundle --simple -o Sonarr nzbdrone.exe solution, and it doesnā€™t seem to create an .exe file.
Iā€™ve given FullDiskAccess to the Sonarr (I assume .app file).
Iā€™ve tried to run from command line with the :

cd /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/
mono Sonarr.exe

Iā€™ve given /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono FullDiskAccess.

Iā€™m initiating the app with the command line :

username@macname MacOS %  **cd /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS**
username@macname MacOS %  **nohup ./Sonarr &**

None of these things seem to solve my problem. Any other guidance?
Cheers.

running this in terminal works for me.

mono /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr.exe

Anyone have a permanent solution to this yet? Iā€™m still doing it the way @loneshade is but I donā€™t like having to do it in terminal manually every time I restart, and I donā€™t want to do any startup scripts that will eventually cause problems when this is fixed.

1 Like

there is this

but donā€™t know cause i havenā€™t upgraded due to EYETV 4 disaster

The ā€œsecurity implicationsā€ are simply that sh will behave exactly as it has on every previous version of macOS/OS X (and as it has behaved on every UNIX computer for the last 50 years).

This doesnā€™t give sh magic super hax0r powers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.