OSX Catalina Broke Copy Process

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.6.0.89
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I am fairly new to Sonarr, and everything was working very well. I stupidly upgraded to OSX Catalina, and this is where my problems started. I am downloading using Transmission, copying to a new directory and then using Plex as my Media server (all on the same MAC). Since the upgrade, Sonarr does not have permission to the subdirectory under my downloads folder. I have changed the permissions to be red and write for everybody (myself, staff and everyone groups which are default on OSX), but every time a new subdirectory is created, the same issue comes back. I changed the ownership of the downloads folder to be Sonarr, and still the issue persists. I then used `chmod using the recursive option to be 755, but every time a new sib directory is created, this is not being applied to and we have the same issue. The exact error is
Couldn’t process tracked download The.Morning.Show.S01E04.That.Woman.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-MZABI[rarbg]: Access to the path ‘/Volumes/Media/Downloads/The.Morning.Show.S01E04.That.Woman.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-MZABI[rarbg]’ is denied.

Additional information
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘/Volumes/Media/Downloads/The.Morning.Show.S01E04.That.Woman.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-MZABI[rarbg]’ is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator1[TResult].CreateDirectoryHandle (System.String path, System.Boolean ignoreNotFound) [0x00032] in <f6aeaa43841748bdbb35b6bd80b4a15f>:0 at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator1[TResult]…ctor (System.String directory, System.IO.EnumerationOptions options) [0x00048] in :0
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable1+DelegateEnumerator[TResult]..ctor (System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable1[TResult] enumerable) [0x00000] in :0
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable1[TResult]..ctor (System.String directory, System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable1+FindTransform[TResult] transform, System.IO.EnumerationOptions options) [0x00042] in :0
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.UserFiles (System.String directory, System.String expression, System.IO.EnumerationOptions options) [0x00014] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-08/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/Enumeration/FileSystemEnumerableFactory.cs:90
at System.IO.Directory.InternalEnumeratePaths (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchTarget searchTarget, System.IO.EnumerationOptions options) [0x0003c] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-08/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/Directory.cs:178
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.EnumerationOptions enumerationOptions) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-08/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/Directory.cs:140
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-08/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/Directory.cs:137
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.GetFiles (System.String path, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) [0x00048] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:154
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.DiskScanService.GetVideoFiles (System.String path, System.Boolean allDirectories) [0x00019] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\DiskScanService.cs:139
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.DownloadedEpisodesImportService.ProcessFolder (System.IO.DirectoryInfo directoryInfo, NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportMode importMode, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem) [0x00035] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\DownloadedEpisodesImportService.cs:160
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.DownloadedEpisodesImportService.ProcessPath (System.String path, NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportMode importMode, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem) [0x00023] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\DownloadedEpisodesImportService.cs:83
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.CompletedDownloadService.Import (NzbDrone.Core.Download.TrackedDownloads.TrackedDownload trackedDownload) [0x00014] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\CompletedDownloadService.cs:114
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.CompletedDownloadService.Process (NzbDrone.Core.Download.TrackedDownloads.TrackedDownload trackedDownload, System.Boolean ignoreWarnings) [0x00127] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\CompletedDownloadService.cs:108
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TrackedDownloads.DownloadMonitoringService.ProcessClientItems (NzbDrone.Core.Download.IDownloadClient downloadClient, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadItem) [0x00042] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TrackedDownloads\DownloadMonitoringService.cs:134

Long thread with permissions issue on Catalina here: Problem after upgrading to the new Apple MacOS Beta - Catalina

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.