Problem after upgrading to the new Apple MacOS Beta - Catalina

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.503
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Permissions issue?

Hi All,

So I installed the new Beta of Catalina yesterday - yes, I know it’s Beta and I’m taking a risk.

Sonarr can no longer see my TV folders. I can browse to /Volumes/Plex/TV, but Sonarr doesn’t see the folders beneath that folder! I’ve checked, and the attributes seem to be ok! Going crazy trying to fix it.

Oh, I should mention that I’m using a NAS - a Synology - for my media.

Can anyone please help?

• Thanx!
  • Jon
1 Like

This is an issue I was worried about, why I didn’t update my main iMac just yet. Might be best to put this in the v3 sub folder

Has it since improved with the newest beta?

Nope. Still a problem (for me, anyways)…

• Jon

having the same issues here.

I’ve tried adding both the Package, and the unix executable into the Full Disk Access setting, but it’s not made any difference to the issue.

my NZB client is downloading the files okay, but Sonarr and Radarr aren’t able to read the folder containers, or write to organise the data

Sonarr appears to be recognizing my folders again.

was there anything you did to get it resolved? Still not working for me

Catalina is a beta OS, you cannot count on apps to work under something that is not done yet.

I think updating to Catalina beta 2 did the trick. Have you done that yet?

I’m on Beta 2 and am still seeing the issue.

I upgraded my version of Mono, and I’m happy to report that the problems I was having are now FIXED!!!

Yay. Small victory.

• Jon
1 Like

Upgrading to V3 has not helped me - I’ve had the following issues:

1: Sonarr was not able to access the default download location (/Users/username/Downloads/Completed) - I stopped that by locating the folder into a completely different location (/Users/username/MediaServerDownloads)
2: Sonarr is not able to write to the External USB drives. Same issue occurs, access was denied.

I’ve tried setting read-write permissions on the USB drives, to no avail. Tried changing ownership of the root folder, tried changing permissions of the drives, nothing has worked.

I’ve also got what appears to be the latest version of Mono Installed. This is Catalina Beta V2.

You may need to give Sonarr full disk access now, not 100% sure if it’s Sonarr or mono that’ll need the access, but try with Sonarr first, the steps will be similar to this guide for another app.

I tried that already, and it’s definitely not Sonarr that you need to give access to.

I’m not able to find which executable to use to allow Mono access

Curiously, if you run sonarr from the command prompt, (using mono), it works again… just not through the package

1 Like

Yeah, weirdly - after I upgraded to the latest Mono and it being fixed - I’m back to where I started with it NOT working…

• Jon

Yeah, been trying to figure out which app to add to “Full Disk Access” - definitely doesn’t help to add Sonarr to that. Not sure how to test adding Mono - I don’t have a Mono app that is obvious to try - seems to only be accessible via Terminal. Let us know if you figure anything out. In the meantime, I suppose I can just keep using Terminal/Mono to run Sonarr…

• Jon

Ok, after a few more tests, I’ve got it working consistently.

The only binary you need to grant ‘Full Disk Access’ to is /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/<current version>/bin/mono-sgen64.

Once done, you need to invoke mono via the command line, by entering the /Applications/Sonar.app/Contents/MacOS directory and running mono Sonarr.exe.

Hey formerandroider,

I can use Sonarr perfectly if I run it from the command line already. Perhaps you can’t? If I run it as an Application, though - it doesn’t work properly…

• Jon

Yeah, for some reason I didn’t attempt to run it from the command line before trying everything else. I have a feeling that running it as an Application package causes macOS to sandbox it, significantly restricting the privileges. I doubt we’ll be able to do anything until the Sonarr contributors add full support for Catalina.

Oh, well if I run it from here:

iMac:MacOS myusername$ pwd
/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS

iMac:MacOS myusername$ ./Sonarr

Then it works without a hitch at all. I don’t have anything in my Full Disk Access list relating to Sonarr.

• Jon
1 Like