NzbDrone Xtender v2

Just wanted to let everyone know I have updated the NzbDrone Xtender Chrome Extension to support the new version of NzbDrone. This update also drops support for previous versions of NzbDrone (1.x).

Is this plugin also comming to Firefox?

updated extension to v2.0.3

• updated “H33T” torrent URL
  • added “Binsearch.info” to search providers

Looks good, any chance we can get this to a good browser like Firefox :wink: ?

I’ve never understood why anyone uses FF :slight_smile: . Nice job on the Chrome Extension!

@bcsteeve Firefox was the best browser for a long time. Lots of people still use it b/c it is still a good browser.

Opera is also very good, although it never fit the way I work, even tho I liked it.

Chrome fits me, as I’m like the Google works. :slight_smile:

Use the tool that works for you.

@bcsteeve said:
I’ve never understood why anyone uses FF :slight_smile: . Nice job on the Chrome Extension!

Well, some drive BMW others Volvo like yourself :slight_smile:

I dont use it cause the devs has not fixed a 2 year old bug if not more. Even after a ton of reports about it.
Go here chrome://settings/content then manager handlers, if that list is not empty my name is asswipe the 3rd! …Chrome devs!

@Blackkatt said:
Looks good, any chance we can get this to a good browser like Firefox :wink: ?

Blackkat, this extension actually started as a userscript using greasemonkey. I created it out of my own personal needs. As time went by I ended up switching over to Chrome for my day to day browsing. Because of this I ended up porting version 1 over to a Chrome extension (was a good learning experience as well). When NZBDrone went v2, I decided to do the same and now only support Chrome / NZBDrone v2+. I just don’t have the time to try and maintain a Chrome compatible script that will also work in FireFox. I may revisit this as some point, but other web development projects are eating up most of my time. Feel free to fork Xtender though, its all on Github: https://github.com/jparkerweb/NzbDrone_Xtender

looks like a cool addon but my usenet indexer isn’t listed… could you please add a generic newznab field and let us add our own index sites to the page? I would really like to be able to use this addon.

@Stryk3r said:
looks like a cool addon but my usenet indexer isn’t listed… could you please add a generic newznab field and let us add our own index sites to the page? I would really like to be able to use this addon.

This is a feature I am looking into adding at some point soon. In the meantime, what NZB Indexer do you want added? I can probably get it added to the stock list soon.

@bcsteeve said:

Addons really that is the only reason i keep firefox installed although i mostly use Chrome for everything else

Not sure if this is done with now or still open for improvements.

Can’t seem to get it to work properly. I’m using NzbDrone Xtender v2.0.8 and NzbDrone v2.0.0.1397

Basically when I choose manual search the extender buttons show up at the bottom of the pop-up box. However, once the NzbDrone search results show up, those icons disappear. So its a race to move the mouse over to the button and click it before search results are complete. Most of the time Im not fast enough and am not able to click it. Sometimes if I do manage to click it sometimes it will search it right, other times it will be wrong. For example it would seach “nzbdrone s02e03”

On VERY rare occasions it does work correctly and the buttons do stay (or disappear, then reappear a few seconds later).

EDIT:
after looking at the image above again, I see that it does show up 100% of the time if you click the name of the show, THEN choose the search tab. However, it has the naming issue every single time doing it that way too… searches “nzbdrone” instead of the show name.

I originally was clicking the little arrow shortcut thats at the right of the show title to do the manual search.

I just wish it would only display the providers I want. I went into option and checked everything I didn’t want to display…but they display anyway. Also, I’ve noticed the name repeats 15 times or more when scrolling all the way to the bottom of nzbdrone. :frowning:

@angelblue05 said:
Also, I’ve noticed the name repeats 15 times or more when scrolling all the way to the bottom of nzbdrone. :frowning:

That seems to have been introduced since the Bootstrap 3 update. Every new page in Drone you visit adds a new line. I’ve disabled it for now as we’ll need an update from the add-on creator to fix it.

Sorry all, been super busy with work and family. I will be fixing the bugs mentioned above very soon. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

OK, I have updated Xtender to version 2.0.9. All bugs reported above have been fixed and I have verified it is working properly with the latest version of NZBDrone. The update was published just now and should be available on the chrome web store within an hour from this post.

Please let me know if you find any other issues.

Thanks…

Good work, thanks for that :slight_smile:

Thanks for fixing it! :slight_smile:

Still not working for me. Xtender v2.0.9
Tried every possible way of doing it that I could think of.
Orange Is The New Black is missing season 2, episode 10

First I click the search drop down menu at the far right and choose Manual Search. The extender icons at the bottom do appear.
I click the piratebay icon and it searches “NzbDrone s02e10” I try the other providers and same thing. It doesn’t search the show.

Ok, back to the tvshow page. This time I click the name of the episode. The popup appears which tells the show summary and all the extender icons do appear. I click an icon and it searches “NzbDrone s02e10”

Back to the popup I choose the search tab, and just click an extender icon. Searches for “NzbDrone s02e10”

Back to the popup I choose the seach tab, then click the manual search button, then click the extender icon at the bottom of the page. Searches “NzbDrone s02e10”

@thadragun said:
Still not working for me. Xtender v2.0.9
Tried every possible way of doing it that I could think of.
Orange Is The New Black is missing season 2, episode 10

First I click the search drop down menu at the far right and choose Manual Search. The extender icons at the bottom do appear.
I click the piratebay icon and it searches “NzbDrone s02e10” I try the other providers and same thing. It doesn’t search the show.

Ok, back to the tvshow page. This time I click the name of the episode. The popup appears which tells the show summary and all the extender icons do appear. I click an icon and it searches “NzbDrone s02e10”

Back to the popup I choose the search tab, and just click an extender icon. Searches for “NzbDrone s02e10”

Back to the popup I choose the seach tab, then click the manual search button, then click the extender icon at the bottom of the page. Searches “NzbDrone s02e10”

It sounds like there is a regex issue when trying to determine the search string that is passed to each external search site (piratebay, etc). Can you provide a screenshot of the search modal within NZBDrone?