New sc-download setup can't access files even with full permissions

Deleting which folders? I’m sorry, I’m confused on where I need to set the permissions…

Your TV Dowload Directory and TV destination dir. See above oh how to do it so you dont loose everything. Once you’re done, you can then click on your shared folder in control panel of the GUI (you would have granted R/W already, if not do it now) and click the custom checkbox of nzbdrone and sc-download. From here you can grant “take ownership” and “change permission”. This might help with the issue, but I’m sure this is not the way it is supposed to work.

Here’s my setup:

Download Directory: /volume1/Temp/Downloads/drone
Destination: /volume1/Videos/TV

Control Panel > Group
"sc-download" Members include: sc-nzbget, sc-nzbdrone
"sc-media" Members include: sc-nzbdrone

When I click on the “Edit” button for “sc-download” in Group, in the Permissions tab, it has Read/Write access to “/volume1/Videos” and “/volume1/Temp”. On the Applications tab, both “NZBget” and “Sonarr” are checked in the “Allow” column. The same settings are applied for the “sc-media” group.

Control Panel > Sharing Folder
When I click on the “Edit” button for the “Temp” and “Videos” folders, and then go to the “Permissions” tab, then choose “Local Groups” from drop down, I noticed that “sc-media” only had “Read/Write” access to the “Temp” and “Videos” sharing folders.

I checked the box for “sc-download” to have “Read/Write” access to the “Temp” and “Videos” folders. Hopefully that will fix things.

I restarted Sonarr, and the NAS. And now there are tons of folders in “/volume1/Temp/Downloads/drone/” that need to be moved to their destination directory.

How do I force Sonarr to process and move these files? Thanks!

I had the same problem and I can only assume it was because of “old” permissions on these files because my setup was importing the new downloads but the old stuff kept giving me “denied” errors. So I basically did what I had told you previsouly, which gave me access to “new” check boxes to allow “take ownership” and “change permissions” for those user accounts (sc-download sc-nzbdrone), dont need sc-media. I am now in the process of “manually” adding these through sonarr as there is a large amount of files that havent been added and have doubled up.
So Rename/ Add new folder with old names/ Copy contents from renamed folder into newly created folder. This should allow you to see those “custom” options (you might even see it now, but the “custom” check box might be greyed out, and this is because it is an “old” folder. It must have changed in an update).

I finally gave in to the update on my Synology due to not being able to click “update all” without getting moaned at by the SC Sonarr updater that it would change user details etc. I was apprehensive about it as everything was working OK.

I tried everything mentioned in the GUI as I don’t relish SSHing into my Synology. Anyway, none of the group or permission editing worked for me. I had to chmod -R 777 my directories. After a very frustrating afternoon as I was at work and couldn’t SSH into the box remotely this finally sorted it for me.
You will need to SSH in as an administrator and then sudo -i to get root access. At least I did.

Also the -R in the chmod MUST be uppercase.

I’m in the same situation since the install of Sonarr package on my Synology :

I’ve made some changes. Initially the authorization was set for user sc-download, i put the same to sc-media. Sonarr downloaded to flies, i have a different error message : “The.Expanse.S03E08.It.Reaches.Out.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTG[rarbg]
No files found are eligible for import in /volume1/downloads/The.Expanse.S03E08.It.Reaches.Out.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTG[rarbg]”

A question, if the problem came since the last update, can week-end have an official answer ?

Is there an actual file in there to import?

Which update? There hasn’t been a “stable” (master) release of Sonarr recently, only develop, but if you’re talking about a synology package update you’ll have to ask syno community, we don’t maintain it. Either way, more information, probably even a new thread would be useful, but make sure you read this whole thread if you haven’t already.

Of course.

I already did, without success

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.