New sc-download setup can't access files even with full permissions

@Mirx_NL What folders do you purge? and how do you go about doing that? Thanks.

You have to do that in the CLI/shell. But that was with the first updated package, they did some tweaks to the packages and it shouldn’t be necessary anymore.

So, now after updating NZBGet to the latest SynoCommunity version, NZBGet wont start with the error ‘Failed to run package service’…sigh

This worked for me too - wish I’d seen your post before figuring it out myself!

Hi Guys

I am a complete newbie and have the same issue. I have no idea how to do the chmod stuff and am hoping someone can provide step by step instructions on how to correct the permissions.

Thanks in advance.

Try my suggestion above all via the DSM interface, no chmod required :wink:

Thank you @gazuzu I did look at that but I changed the folder permissions on the download folder back to what they used to be, which was Owner = admin & Group = users so perhaps I have stuffed it???

Really frustrated with this.

In CONTROL PANEL under GROUP there will be SC_DOWNLOAD and SC_MEDIA

I can’t remember which is the new one but I made the changes to both, which is to give read/write permissions to the downloads folder.

What were the specific changes you made to the sc-download and sc-media groups?

I tried everything and more but I am lost in what I’ve done :smiley:
I started to put 777 when this happened as I have 1 folder only for videos and even though I know I should not I just wanted to check if it would do the trick.

I was about to try @gazuzu’s solution but those permissions were already set.

I don’t know what to do anymore… I am way beyond the frustration point, I am at the “burn the synology” point :smiley:

If your synology can, just use docker for sonarr and download clients. Takes away all the hassle if you run all the instances with the same account* and give that account access on your media and download locations on the host (your synology). Do it once and it stays forever.

Best thing I did in years. Not to bash the hard work done by the synocommunity folks. Really, thanks! I just feel docker has outpaced the syno packages (both official built-in and community created).

*this would be an account you create/manage yourself in the syno GUI or from a shell. NOT one created by the synocommunity packages.

This worked for me too, thanks!

Not true, I first had a different build that didn’t support GUID en GPID configuration and had to reinstall to the linuxserver version :slight_smile:

Ah, didn’t know about that. I’ve only ever used linuxserver dockers because they’re always the number one result. I genuinely thought all dockers worked this way, since it’s makes so much sense :slight_smile:

It should :wink: But linuxservers build of Sonarr has only been around for a year.

If you look at https://hub.docker.com/r/tuxeh/sonarr/ which has 46* and 500k pulls and was running without problems for me for years, it has a fixed UID.

So I changed my Shared Folders and Groups to have Read/Write access to Sonarr, and now it won’t launch for me when I restarted it.

I’ve rebooted the NAS, but that doesn’t seem to help. Anyone else run into issues where Sonarr won’t run?

I did the whole “delete and swap” folder routine, and found in the GUI that the “permissions” view was actually different than the old folders. Eg: Old view was select the drop down menu for system users, local users, group users. New view has all the users there and check boxes for allowable access. Anyway I did it, and all the appropriate check boxes ticked etc. Still not working…
My folders owner is my admin account, but this is added as a member of sc-download. NZBGet is also an owner, just wondering if I can make sc-download take ownership, if this would help sort my “old” files out? As I can set this in the permissions of the new folders in the shared folder options
NB: setting take ownership and change permission for sc-nzbdrone and sc-download still didnt help…

Well, a second reboot helped and I’m now able to start the Sonarr service.

But still getting the permission errors when Sonarr tries to move the files. What else should I try?

Can someone help me with the permissions problem? Thanks!

Have you tried deleting the folders as above? Once I did that it gave me additional permission controls I didnt have before on the new folders. I was then able to give it cotrol of ownership etc, which seems to be a work around for the permission issues, but probably not the best way of doing the ACL.