Keeps shutting down, MacOS 12 Monterey

It did get really bad again recently kept crashing not sure if anyone else has still been having issues. I found that by completely uninstalling every part of mono and reinstalling it. It appears to have fixed the issue for now.

Currently on Monterey public beta, Sonarr is also continuously crashing for me (will not stay open for longer than 2 minutes or so). I’m not super technically savvy so I’m not sure where error logs might dump, but can post those once I track them down.

Tried deleting my database file and that helped for a short time, but once everything was up and running again it has resumed frequent crashes.

I know Monterey isn’t officially supported yet, hoping for a fix once it’s released!

Thanks for the suggestions in the thread so far :slightly_smiling_face:

I know its not officially out until next week but they have released the Release Candidate for Monterey and the Sonarr/Mono still crashes through use, sometimes it works straight away other times it will crash out after a few hours/days. So, just a heads up for any of those upgrading to Monterey next week it will be an issue.

1 Like

Yup, I’m on the fully released version of Monterey (12.0.1) and can confirm that the crashing issue still persists.

x-ref https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/4718

@TheLuckiest @loneshade @AndrewGBall @Frizzy @BlueHorizonUK

See if updating the sqlite library fixes it - details, link to the binary, and instructions in the link

Edit: sadly will not work on M1 - so ya’ll are probably SOL until sonarr switches to .net5 (or .net6)

sorry for the false hope guys

1 Like

I’m experiencing crashing as well but its typically within a minute or two of launching Sonarr and will never go longer than three minutes.
Is this your experience as well?

This library update is looking really promising! No crashes so far…will report back if anything changes.

Thank you so much @bakerboy448!

From what I could tell, it was dependent upon whether Sonarr was actively searching/updating the RSS. So it would basically stay alive until that search began and then it would crash partway through.

yup, thats exactly my behavior. it wouldn’t fail on any particular scan, appeared to be randomized during the RSS search.

I’ll give that library update a go, if I can figure it out.

*edit - just noticed the library update won’t work on M1 systems. SOL is now my current status.

Not ideal but can use a launchd script to continually reopen Sonarr til mono workaround is fixed.

1. Open a text editor and paste the below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>RunAtLoad</key>
        <true/>
        <key>KeepAlive</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>Sonarr.restart</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr</string>
        </array>
</dict>
</plist>
  1. Save file as Sonarr.restart.plist in ~/Library/LaunchAgents/
  2. Open Terminal and run launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/Sonarr.restart.plist

Has kept it up all day (obviously still crashes)

This patch seems to fix it, however, before it would work for a few days at a time then repeatedly crash. So, I will likely keep this forum updated. As time progresses.

Unfortunately, I didnt think there’d be a workaround or a fix for a while so I reinstalled Big Sur – Sonarr is back up and running fine.

Thanks for the tip!

I missed that post yesterday and not on a M1 but added the libsql file and it does seem to stay up longer, but I noticed after the full library scan (which has not been able to run completely since Monterey upgrade) it crashes again with the RSS sync. So guess will live in this hyrbid mode til there is a fix

That’ll be media info choking on a file if it crashes during rescans

Still crashing for me (macOS Monterey, Intel Mac) after trying the fix mentioned above (libsqlite3.0.dylib download/copy to the Sonarr/contents/macOS folder).

The crash seems to occur randomly during scanning, not on the same series

Version

Mono Version

AppData directory

/Users/mini/.config/Sonarr

Startup directory

/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS

Mode: Console

Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (2020-02/c621c35ffa0 Wed Feb 10 00:51:43 EST 2021)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS:
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: yes(610)
Suspend: hybrid
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Did you put it in that parent folder or the sub bin folder: /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/bin is where it should be

I am using Sonar v3.0.6.1342 and it still crashed after 1-2 min after i start sonarr on Monterey. Any update coming soon?

There is no /bin folder, should I create it?

I had the same problem after upgrading to Monterey. I turned on “Allow Full Disk Access” for the Sonarr app in System Settings, Security & Privacy and the crashing stopped immediately. It’s been running fine for the last 6 hours. I updated homebrew in order to install php, but those are the only changes I’ve done. Hopefully it will continue to work.