Keeps shutting down, MacOS 12 Monterey

Unfortunately, I didnt think there’d be a workaround or a fix for a while so I reinstalled Big Sur – Sonarr is back up and running fine.

Thanks for the tip!

I missed that post yesterday and not on a M1 but added the libsql file and it does seem to stay up longer, but I noticed after the full library scan (which has not been able to run completely since Monterey upgrade) it crashes again with the RSS sync. So guess will live in this hyrbid mode til there is a fix

That’ll be media info choking on a file if it crashes during rescans

Still crashing for me (macOS Monterey, Intel Mac) after trying the fix mentioned above (libsqlite3.0.dylib download/copy to the Sonarr/contents/macOS folder).

The crash seems to occur randomly during scanning, not on the same series

Version

Mono Version

AppData directory

/Users/mini/.config/Sonarr

Startup directory

/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS

Mode: Console

Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (2020-02/c621c35ffa0 Wed Feb 10 00:51:43 EST 2021)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS:
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: yes(610)
Suspend: hybrid
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Did you put it in that parent folder or the sub bin folder: /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/bin is where it should be

I am using Sonar v3.0.6.1342 and it still crashed after 1-2 min after i start sonarr on Monterey. Any update coming soon?

There is no /bin folder, should I create it?

I had the same problem after upgrading to Monterey. I turned on “Allow Full Disk Access” for the Sonarr app in System Settings, Security & Privacy and the crashing stopped immediately. It’s been running fine for the last 6 hours. I updated homebrew in order to install php, but those are the only changes I’ve done. Hopefully it will continue to work.

it worked fine for me a few hours, then crashed again.

Running sonnar Version

Mono Version

When I check the bin folder it already has libsqlite3.0.dylib, Do I need to replace this file:?

Currently still crashing, although I thought it was fixed when I upgraded to the dev channel.

yes if you’re not on M1.

although I thought it was fixed when I upgraded to the dev channel.

What indicated MacOS crashing was fixed in dev?

It ran almost 24hrs without crashing after I upgraded.
Where as before it crashed within 60minutes.

In my Sonarr install on MacOS (Intel), there is only the Sonarr/contents/macOS folder but no /bin folder inside it. Should I create a /bin folder to try this fix?

So I had the same problem, constant crashing and have the same versions as you (Sonarr, MacOS Monterey and Mono). I did the lbsqlite download copy.

What ended working with that was to redo the permissions on the Sonarr App and the permissions it had to my Disk under Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Full Disk Access: enabled Sonarr. (I am not sure of Files and Folders would have been enough but I disabled it, rebooted the Mac mini and re-enabled full disk access and my Sonarr has not crashed once since.

Hope it helps Guys and Gals!

Any news regarding this? Im still having the problem with sonarr shutting down within a few hours

I did the lbsqlite download and delete the old version, this worked for a little while, but went back to have issues of it crashing. Tried to changed the permission again with the full disk access and this doesn’t fix the issue.

Don’t download the file - use the new branch to test

Any progress on this ? Mine is crashing about once a day.

What’s the cause of the crash?
Is it failing during a scan or mediainfo of a file or just randomly (I.e. database?

If the former - this will never fix it, get rid of the file that’s crashing mediainfo
If the latter - check the branch mentioned which should resolve it