[Jackett] Additional torrent trackers for Sonarr

Hi sea3pea0

I having problems installing libcurl on my ds214play. I installed jackett and put into correct /opt/jackett folder.
when ssh via putty and web console its not running could you give me some guidence please ?

i think bootstrap is working as i can ipkg the jacket package but in putty im getting

-ash: hostname: not found
-ash: ialias: not found

really liked to get jacket working i dont think libcurl correctly installed. thanks in advance with any help

also im using your latest script and ran the chown commands to no avail

1 Like

Actually there is no need to bootstrap the syno to run jackett. I did have /opt/bin:opt/sbin in PATH but that was not necessary so I took it out. What happens when you type start jackett from command line? Also did you check logs in /var/log/upstart/jackett.log?

1 Like

/proc/self/fd/9: chdir: line 2: canā€™t cd to /opt/Jackett

this what I found thanks for your reply by the way !

does this work with torrent day ? on synology

I was trying to set up Jackett on Synology using @sea3pea0ā€™s upstart script (Thank you, btw!) and was getting log full of

/proc/self/fd/9: exec: line 3: mono: not found

I donā€™t know if Mono gets installed somewhere else on different DiskStations, but my ā€˜ā€™/usr/binā€™ā€™ was empty and possibly created by the script, changing it to

env PATH=/usr/local/mono/bin

seems to work (thatā€™s where I located Mono). I really donā€™t know anything about this stuff, so sorry if I made it work by some weird coincidence.

I think that might have to do with the fact that I was using the mono from the syno repo for Jackett instead of the one from synocommunity. I will update my script in the post because I think that is the more standard location for mono.

Great stuff ! Can anyone advise if TorentDay works ? Thanks guys on Synololgy

Shame there no package available for us noobs

Yes it has worked for me.

Sea3pea0

I have followed yor scripts and installed the mono packages to no avail. I really appreceate your input by the way, I think I am using the correct mono from the repo but could you do a clean post with the latest step by step guide for us noobs ?

thanks so much in advance, for now I decided to pay for usenet and using the rss feed via TD and transmission but its just really like to get the back log searches working with Sonarr. Its a brilliant software much better than sickrage. Again only if you can spare the time, thanks keep up the good work !!

Per request Iā€™m going to do a walk through for getting jackett automatically starting on synology.

1. Install Sonarr & Mono 3.10 from synocommunity.

2. Install Mono beta 3.12 from the main Synology repo. (This may or may not be necessary, but I found that I could not get jackett to work without crashing about once a day when I ran it from mono 3.10)

3. Download jackett and place it in /opt/Jackett

4. cd /opt

5. chown -R {user who will run jackett} Jackett

6. Put the following script jackett.conf in /etc/init

7. Replace the braces {} in step 5 and in the script with the username that you wish to run Jackett with

8. Like I said, to get jackett working without crashing every day or so I had to install the mono beta package from the main Synology repository. You can attempt to just use mono 3.10 and see if it crashes or not. The script above uses the path for mono beta 3.12 if you want to try using the mono 3.10 package from synocommunity, which needs to be installed for sonarr anyway, then change the exec line in your script to:

exec /volume1/@appstore/mono/bin/mono --debug JackettConsole.exe

9. From anywhere on command line type ā€œstart jackettā€ . You should see some output telling you that jacket is running and you should be able to browse to {IP Address}:9117 . If not you should check /var/log/upstart/jackett.log and see what that says.

I submitted this as an issue at Jackettā€™s github page. If you still have trouble with this you should post your trouble there.

2 Likes

Thank you so much !!! Iā€™ll have a go and get back to you!!!

I currently have a seedbox and everything for my setup is on it. I have sab, rtorrent, sonarr, and couchpotato. I want to install jackett: https://github.com/zone117x/Jackett for both couchpotato and sonarr, but i have no idea how to and their support is non existent, on their irc. is there a way someone could help me with this?

I donā€™t know which irc channel you joined yesterday but it wasnā€™t the right one.

Iā€™d suggest you expand on the issues you are having.

What is the best way to update Jackett with windows installer? just download the new installer and install over the existing install? will the settings remain? thanks!

If you are on 0.6+ the installer will handle the reinstall, probably best to quit the tray icon first. If you are on an earlier version just do an uninstall/delete first.

Just big thank you so much Sea3peo wish I could send you a beer ! :slight_smile:

I got this installed after following your work. I still having problems adding torrent day saying captcha is incorrect even though ive got the correct cookie header when trying to add the indexer. soe free ones work very well though. thanks again !

do you know why td wont add ?? i got the PHPSSESD 000000 number in correctly

Iā€™m glad you got it working. I was able to get Torrent Day working, though my cookie header looks like this: uid=xxxxx; passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe you put the wrong cookie in there? I didnā€™t do anything with captcha, just put the cookie in and it worked.

thanks man i been getting results from old stuff

you should be paid for all ths knowledge !!! its awsome

just tried its no big one its saying about captcha config error but im running vpn on my syno because the isp blocks everything

was it in hex or normal text plain, wonder if could use old td url

This is the url I used: ā€œtd.afā€ You could just look for that cookie in your browsers cache or in developer tools. In chrome itā€™s Settings>Advanced>Content Settings>All cookies & data>td in the search box and there you should have your cookies.

I am having a heck of a time with this. Iā€™ve got Jackett installed and running as a service. I added IPT and Freshon and they work just fine in jackett. I can do a manual search and it searches through them just fine. The problem is with sonarr.

I have added it as a torznab host inside sonarr and it tests fine inside there. The problem is when I go to do an automatic or manual search in Sonarr, it just spins and spins. It doesnā€™t seem to be accomplishing anything.

No errors in the log that I can see. Just says "NzbSearchService Searching 3 indexers for [24 : S09E08]"
I have done a manual search in the Jackett UI and it finds 15 entries.

Awsome got it !! Finally !! :slight_smile: