[Jackett] Additional torrent trackers for Sonarr

By greyed out, do you mean there isn’t an API key present in Jackett? I ask, because you’re supposed to enter the API listed in the grey area in Jackett into Sonarr. You aren’t supposed to enter any API key from Sonarr into Jackett as it sounds you are saying. You need to add them as custom Torznab indexers in Sonarr. Also, you need to click the add button and configure indexers before they will show up. There isn’t a list of preconfigured indexers that shows up when you run the program.

Sorry if I misunderstand what you’re saying. I’m not trying to offer juvenile advice. Your post just makes it sound like you are confused.

thanks for your reply.
I thought I had it wrong.

I installed Jackett on another mac and I see the api key and the configure indexer area. I wonder why I cannot see the api key on my main mac.

could it be because I had an old version of jackett working with sonarr already?

thanks for your help!

I have had several old versions of Jackett before upgrading to the latest. I just made sure to uninstall the old versions first. It kept my settings. With this latest update, I needed to remove several indexers and re-add them to get everything working though.

working now! do you know what to put in the couch potato host field? is it the localhost address to my couch potato?
Could anyone specify how to integrate couch potato?

I just upgraded to Mono4, and wanted to install libcurl-dev, with sudo apt-get install libcurl-dev

However, I get the following:

Package libcurl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
libcurl4-openssl-dev 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.5
libcurl4-nss-dev 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.5
libcurl4-gnutls-dev 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.5
You should explicitly select one to install.

Which one to choose? I’m on Ubuntu Server Trusty 14.04 LTS.
Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, it is too early, it should be libcurl4-openssl-dev

1 Like

Openssl would be the best choice.

0.6.1 was released yesterday fixing TorrentDay and other bits

For couchpotato use the address it gives you as the host and the apikey as the pass key and the other options are optional.

For new users, I made a quick configuration guide for Jackett.

The UI and setup process is much different with newer versions. You should update Jackett.

Not seeing major differences here, just installed 0.6.3 and adding trackers seems to be the same except Sonarr API host is gone and server settings are on the bottom. Is the Sonarr API host part the only main difference? If so I will remove those parts so it’s not confusing to the user.

Yep essentially we removed the need for the Sonarr API key, added an installer which has the option to install as a service which replaces http://www.htpcguides.com/install-jackett-on-windows-for-custom-torrents-in-sonarr/ and we have added support for couchpotato.

1 Like

@mehlsack Asked me to share my latest script that I use to start Jackett on a Synology. First I put Jackett in /opt/Jackett . I also chown the /opt/Jackett folder to the user that I will be running the script with. Then I put the following upstart script in /etc/init/jackett.conf:

author "sea3pea0"
description “Upstart Script to run Jackett”

setuid [USER TO RUN JACKETT]
setgid users

env DIR=/opt/Jackett
env PATH=/usr/local/mono/bin
env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/nzbdrone/lib

start on runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [016]

respawn
script
chdir $DIR
exec mono JackettConsole.exe
end script

1 Like

Any chance of publishing Jackett as Synology package for us filthy casuals?

1 Like

Looks like there is a plan for this.

I’ve followed your instructions to a T; however, Jackett is not starting up on system boot. Any vague ideas to what I may be missing?

Check the logs in /var/log/upstart/jackett.log (or whatever you named the upstart script). That should give you a clue hopefully.

1 Like

The log is not posted. I created the jackett.conf file with vi under root in /etc/init/ and put the Jackett file under the directory /opt/

I’m not sure what to do D:

1 Like

Jackett is not just a file, it’s a folder including sub-folders. You should extract the release that you download and move the top level folder named Jackett to /opt. If the top-level folder that you extract from the file you download is named something else than “Jackett”, rename it to that. Then cd /opt and chown -R {username to run jackett} Jackett . Then from command line you should be able to type “start jackett”. You might need to also chmod +x /etc/init/jackett.conf

Hope this gets you there.

I simply forgot to change the UID… haha! You’re awesome, the script works!! Thanks so much :smile:

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Hi guys,

I’m just starting using Jackett. It looks good !
I will add a tracker with cookie soon, can you say to me if there is a warning when the cookie is out ?
Is it possible to integrate a script to automatically grab a new one ?

Is there a way to get notification on new version release ?

Thanks !