[Jackett] Additional torrent trackers for Sonarr

Its certainly very powerful and configurable but I wouldn’t go as far as saying easy due to its complexity, having no UI and having to edit YAML files directly. It does look a little jack of all trades and master of none, the fact that the Utorrent plugin can’t handle cookies for example is a big issue which will prevent many private sites from working until it does support that.

There is a Newznab plugin so you could have Flexget use Jackett in theory presuming the plugin can handle getting torrents instead of nzb files. As Jackett handles the cookie stuff for you that would mean the utorrent issue I mentioned above and perhaps others would be solved for you.

Anyone manage to get Jackett fully working on a Synology? I was never able to get the some of the trackers to work (morethan, tpb, etc.) and now that version 6.0 for mono depends on curl, it doesn’t work at all for me. It seems like there are problems with the version of curl available for Synology NAS. I was able to set up a chroot environment to get it to work, but I was hoping to not have to go that route because it seems like an overly complicated way of getting Jackett to work. I’m just hoping that someone with a little more skill than I manages to come up with a solution (or maybe already has).

Maybe a similar issue as with RARBG, where the application wants the 64-bits libcurl instead of the available 32-bit.

Continuing the discussion from Setting up rarbg as an indexer?:

Yes I believe that’s the same issue. I looked at the thread. If I understand the thread correctly, @Dr_Bean is working on a fix. Hopefully this is something that could be easily implemented to get Jackett working on Syno’s too.

The way I read it, the fix in the thread I referred is not in the mono package, but in sonarr package. If that’s the case, it would not affect the Jackett operation.

On github:

Why on earth would you use utorrent today?

That’s correct, but we can reuse the same approach for Jackett :wink: So, for people running Jackett on a x86-64bit Synology model, update to the latest SynoCommunity Sonarr package. Then, as a workaround, run this command to start Jackett:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/nzbdrone/lib /usr/local/mono/bin/mono /your_jackett_folder_location/JackettConsole.exe.
This piggybacks on the libcurl library that was added with the recent Sonarr package update.

I was planning on packaging Jackett for Synology, but currently, things are changing a bit too much for my taste. Once things stabilize (around a 1.0 version, I assume), I’ll probably have a package up fairly quickly.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was hoping for! I just tested this and it works. I start Jackett with an upstart script so I just set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the upstart script like so:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/nzbdrone/lib

Are there any instructions how to build/compile the development version on Linux (Ubuntu)?
Thanks!

Guide for installing Jackett on Ubuntu 14.x with init.d script

Thanks for posting! The tutorials are already a bit outdated though. The Windows one especially since Jackett installs as a service now.

Ah cool, will update the Windows guide tonight. Ubuntu 15.x guide will be next. Thanks for the great add on.

Waiting for the new release of Jackett that will fix torrentday…

There will be a new release this weekend that includes the TorrentDay fix. We don’t release more frequently than weekly as there would just be too many releases.

Just wanted to say thanks. This is working great with sonarr so far. :smile:

Any chance of adding the couchpotato host to the morethan.tv option?

The new release will include everything from the dev build, am I correct? So much looking forward to have the recently implemented ncore tracker support.
You are doing a really great job guys!

I have updated Mono and am trying to run version 0.6 of Jackett.

both versions 0.5 and 0.6 give me the following errors on my mac

-08 08:36:34 Info Using HTTP Client: UnixLibCurlWebClient
08-08 08:36:34 Info LibCurl init Ok
08-08 08:36:34 Info LibCurl version libcurl/7.37.1 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.5
08-08 08:36:34 Info Starting web server at http://*:9117/
08-08 08:36:34 Error Top level exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: /Applications/Jackett 0.6/Content/
at Microsoft.Owin.FileSystems.PhysicalFileSystem…ctor (System.String root) [0x00000] in :0
at Jackett.Startup.Configuration (IAppBuilder appBuilder) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in :0

Are you using the .zip release? A few people were having issues with it just extracting into a single folder. We repacked it to a .tar.bz2 which should resolve the issue for you.

TorrentDay changed their login to use Recaptcha v2 which makes automating the login a bit of a pain but I have made the relevant changes so it’ll work in the next release :smile:

1 Like

that did the trick! the tar.z2 release works! thanks!

1 Like

at the risk of looking silly, I cannot seem to configure this version of Jackett. the API key field is greyed out and i cannot enter the api key from sonarr. I must be missing something obvious.

also the list of configured indexers does not appear as shown on https://github.com/zone117x/Jackett
thanks