[Jackett] Additional torrent trackers for Sonarr

Im using Jackett with windows 7 and every time i open it i get the message "jacket needs admin privileges to access port xxxx’ and then i get the UAC prompt. If i set the program to run with admin privileges, that pop up does not come up but the UAC does… This is a problem as the program wont run at start up unless someone is at the PC to physically click ‘yes’ is there a way around this?

Try creating a Jackett Windows System Service will work on Windows 7, 8 and 10

jackett stops working after a while on OS X yosemite. I have to restart it in terminal quite often. any ideas anyone?

— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[Jackett.ReleaseInfo[]].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Jackett.Indexers.Rarbg+<PerformQuery>d__f.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1[Jackett.ReleaseInfo[]].GetResult () [0x00000] in :0
at Jackett.Server+d__10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in :0
at Jackett.Server+d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0
2015-07-23 21:40:40.2345 Debug Found 60 releases from The Pirate Bay

We have put out a new release with lots of fixes.

Let us know if you have any issues after upgrading.

It’s awesome that you guys created an installer and make it so easy to install it as a windows service… no more annoying pop ups… Only issue i now have is that iptorrents no longer works… Torrentday is working fine though.

IPTorrents works for me and other testers on Win7. Did you try deleting and re-adding it?

Yeah that worked… Sorry didn’t think i would have to as torrentday was working fine after upgrade. Anyways, great update and app! Thanks

I did this and when I run it I get this. jackett start/running, process 2753
But I can’t get into the webinterface? using myip:9117 its not working.
I am however using the latest release 0.50 but that shouldn’t matter should it?

v0.4.3 was the last working version for me on a RPI2.
Getting {“Message”:“An error has occurred.”} errors now running JacketConsole.exe (with the old Jacket.exe it worked).

System.Web.Http.Action: ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync Invoking action 'Dashboard()'
07-27 15:07:50 Error ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync
System.Web.Http.Action: ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync
07-27 15:07:50 Error ApiControllerActionInvoker InvokeActionAsync
System.Web.Http.Action: ApiControllerActionInvoker InvokeActionAsync
07-27 15:07:50 Error AdminController ExecuteAsync

I just upgraded this morning, and after having to tunnel into my home system (Ubuntue 14.04) so that I could fake a local login, and having to manually use localmachine:port/index.html I can at least see the set up. But every indexer I try to set up I get:

“result”:“error”,“error”:“Error getting response stream (ReadDone1): ReceiveFailure”

BTW, if I just do localmachine:port I get all kinds of xml in plain text. :confused:

EDIT: Forgot it doesn’t like greaterthan signs. :frowning:

Torrentday not working here. Running 5.1 on a docker image:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sdesbure/arch-jackett/

On my synology.

Sounds like you didn’t uninstall the old version. Are you trying to run two versions at the same time? I would recommend stopping the service (If you are on windows) and running JackettConole and see what it says.

I ran in alot of permission problems when I tried that on my synology how did you get around them?

Your the first person i have heard of with permissions issues Fly, perhaps your file system permissions are wrong?

We have released v0.6 with lots of changes:

Jackett used to require root permissions (artifact of needing it on Windows), it no longer does.

I’m using it with docker. Permission problems aren’t just related to your program. Thats just how docker works I tried doing some research but to be honest its way above my linux/unix skills.

not to hijack this thread, but using sonarr + flexget will basically give you access to any tracker easily.

Flexget looks cool, but it appears to interface with Sonarr quite differently than Jackett, and the two apps don’t really appear to be solving the same problem.

I’m also not so sure about the claim “access to any tracker” https://github.com/Flexget/Flexget/tree/develop/flexget/plugins
Jackett’s claim to that ability (although still a lie) is a lot more accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not familiar with Jacket’s capabilities but I can tell that Flexget can parse pretty much any input type you can throw at it.

Flexget is very versatile with RSS feeds, and it can really access basically any tracker to download from the RSS feeds, but able to do search only for few (look at Searchers plugins). And it lacks a webui (which is not necessary a must).
Sonarr with Jackett is awesome, it can do search on private trackers, and also use RSS feed. In terms of post processing, Flexget is very powerful.

To me, Sonarr makes sense with Jackett, then it really does a great job.