How to: Rename properly/correctly with Sonarr & Deluge

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Mono JIT compiler version 3.10.0 (mono-3.10.0-branch/ce003f4 Tue Nov 25 20:18:29 UTC 2014)
OS: Raspberry Pi3 Raspbian Stretch (September 2017 Version, 4.9 Kernel Version)
Description of issue:

I have ‘extra’ information that I don’t want to into my Serie’s folder and episode name even I told Sonarr to rename it, it seems that or renaming is not taking place or I’ve a misconfiguration here. Let me show how I’ve the things configured:

Settings in Media Management, Episode Naming (Drone Factory is leaved in blank):

Rename Episodes: Yes
Include Series Title: Yes
Include Episode Title: No
Include Quality: No
Replace Spaces: Yes
Separator: Period (.)
Numbering Style: S01E05
Season Folder Format: Season{season}
Multi-Episode Style: Extend
Single Episode Example: The.Series.Title.(2010).S01E01
Multi-Episode Example: The.Series.Title.(2010).S01E01-02-03
Daily-Episode Example: The.Series.Title.(2010).2013-10-30
Anime Episode Example: The.Series.Title.(2010).S01E01
Anime Multi-Episode Example: The.Series.Title.(2010).S01E01-02-03
Series Folder Example: The Series Title (2010)
Season Folder Example: Season1

For the Download Client I use Deluge with the following settings at the Downloads Category:

Download to: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Incompletos
Move completed to: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Descargados
Copy of .torrent files to: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Torrents
Autoadd .torrent foles from: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Torrents

The rest of the Sonarr configuration at the Download Client is the following:

Completed Download Handling:
Enable: Yes
Remove: Yes

Failed Download Handling:
Redownload: Yes
Remove: Yes

But when I go to the final folder (/media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Descargados) I got the following inside:

Folder name: Bojack.Horseman.S04E01.WEB.x264-STRiFE[rarbg]
File name: bojack.horseman.s04e01.web.x264-strife.mkv

The bulk renaming operation (Organize & Rename) for a serie’s season tells me “Success! My work is done, no files to rename.” This could be due to that I’ve the path set to a different location (that’s where I have all my series properly organized and named: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Series/BoJack Horseman/)

What I want to achieve is to have Sonarr being fed by my ShowRSS feed, then Deluge will download the desired episode automatically, and once downloaded it’ll seed for a 3.00 ratio, and once finished, it’ll be removed from the BTClient, but in the disk I should have the proper /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Descargados/Bojack.Horseman/Season4/Bojack.Horseman.S04E01.mkv renamed file (don’t really know when the renaming operation is being done, if once it has finished the downloading or when it has finished seeding) or if possible, to the real final folder: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Series/BoJack Horseman/SeasonX/Bojack.Horseman.S0XEXX.mkv

Found this case from 2015, but in that one, the guy wanted to leave all that ‘extra’ information I don’t want to: [Help] Sonarr not renaming files correctly

Could you please help me with this? THX!

I really don’t have allot of experience with Sonarr or Deluge but I’ve been using them both for about a year and as of about a week ago I was able to get everything up and running and it’s completely self automated. I’ll try to help where I can but I’m running Sonarr and Deluge in a jail on my NAS4Free system (it runs on FreeBSD) so the setup might be a little different.

Deluge:
What part of the process do you have Deluge doing?

Sonarr:
What part of the process do you have Sonarr doing?

Here is my setup

1. Sonarr useing my RSS feed utilizing Sonarr’s Indexers tab sending it directly to deluge by adding Deluge to Sonarr’s Download client feature.

2. Deluge will download the desired episode automatically into an Incomplete directory once the download is complete the file is moved into a download completed directory.

3. Deluge then makes sure that all files in the completed directory is writable to all users. (chmod 777)

4. Deluge will then extract any compressed files and put them into a sub-folder in the original completed folder.

5. Sonarr then copies the downloaded file, renames it then puts it on my media Drive in the “TV_Shows\The Little Bang Hypothesis\Season 26\The Little Bang Hypothesis - S25E01- I Made the Name Up.mkv” directory

6. Deluge keeps seeding it until a ratio of 2 is reached or 16 days have passed then it will delete the torrent and the data (This part I can’t confirm yet I just implemented this and I have to wait the 16 days)

and that’s about it.
So to start do you know if Sonarr is able to edit the file name?

I hope what I wrote makes sence if not let me know and I’ll try to explain it better.

v/r the antking

Sonarr will copy or hardlink seeding files to the series folder (this is explained in the ((FAQ))), but it sounds like deluge is moving completed downloads to the same folder you expect Sonarr to move files to, so you end up with unsorted files in the same folder as sorted files.

Is Sonarr not copying/hardlink the files to the series folder?
If not what does Activity: Queue show? What do the logs show?

First of all, thanks for your answer, I think it helps me a lot, your answer matches the one of @markus101, it seems that Deluge is moving the files when it should be Sonarr, my only question then is your fourth step… where or how I have to configure Sonarr in order to get the files from the ‘Completed’ folder of my Deluge to copy/move them to another one? (lets call it ‘Final’ for example).

Again, thanks for your help!

Hi markus101, thanks for your answer, it has sense what you’re saying, but I don’t know how to configure it in other way. I’ve the folders configured in Deluge, but I don’t know where in Sonarr I have to say that it has to look into the ‘Completed’ folder from Deluge, copy/move and then rename them into the final destination folder. Can you help me with this?

I think that Sonarr is able to rename the files (as it did when I firstly run an ‘Organize & Rename’ operation).

I need to grab a new serie episode in orther to gather the log information you’re requesting, once I have this information I’ll post it here.

Thanks and best regards!

BTW… the way I’ve added all my TVShows was pointing to my ‘Series’ folder (/media/pi/Series&Pelis/Series/TVShowName/SeasonX/TVShowNameSxxExx.ext), where I’ve all of them in separate Shows folders, then it detected all my series and I’ve added them one by one, maybe here lies the problem.

This is what Completed Download Handling does. It will move/rename files based on the rules in sonarr’s Media Management tab.

You basically need 3 folders with completed download handling, and files will move from one to the other:

• Incomplete: for Deluge to save files that are not finished yet. Sonarr doesn’t care about this folder.
  • Complete: for Deluge to save files that are completely downloaded. Sonarr (the user running the sonarr process) needs access to this folder as well.
  • Series: for sonarr to move/sort series into, which it will pick up from the Complete folder. Only sonarr should manage this folder, Deluge should not be aware of this folder in any of its settings.

Oversimplification: Sonarr will talk to Deluge and periodically ask if anything is ready. Deluge will tell sonarr, and give it the path of the file(s) in the Complete folder. Sonarr will pick the files up and move/rename them into the Series folder…

Hi Thirrian, thanks for your answer, I understand what you say, but don’t know the setting to do so.

In Deluge I’ve the following settings:

• Download To: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Incompletos --> This is the ‘Incomplete’ folder
  • Move completed to: /media/pi/Series&Pelis/Downloads/Series/Descargados --> This is the ‘Complete’ folder

The one I’m missing is the ‘Series’ folder, where I’ve to set-up it?, in Sonarr I’ve already have the Completed Download Handling Enabled, where I’ve to tell Sonarr that the Completed files that Deluge has completely downloaded has to be moved to that ‘Series’ folder?, where can I tell Sonarr that the ‘Series’ folder is ‘/media/pi/Series&Pelis/Series/’ (and Sonarr will have to add to this path the following information, I guess, --> TVShowName/SeasonX/TVShowNameSxxExx.ext’)

Thanks again for your attention

Deluge should only moves files from the “Download to” incomplete folder
To the “Move completed to” completed folder.
Sonarr moves the file from Deluge’s completed folder to your series folder that you originally designated in Sonarr when you used the “add a series” tab.
Make sure Sonarr’s series folder is not the same as Deluge’s completed folder.
Here is the way I have mine.

Deluge download to folder:
C:\Downloads\Incomplete

Once the file finishes downloading the file is moved to the Deluge “Move Completed to” folder
C:\Downloads\Complete

Sonarr sees that Deluge has moved the file into the “Move Completed to” folder and copies it to the series folder that was utilized in the “add a series” tab.
D:\TV_Shows\The Little Bang Hypothesis\Season 26\The Little Bang Hypothesis - S25E01- I Made the Name Up.mkv

So just like Thirrian said I use three different folders.
I was writing this when Thirrian posted not sure if it’s still needed but it can hurt.

try this make a new directory /media/pi/Series&Pelis/TV_Shows
Open Sonarr click on the Series Icon then click on the “+ Add Series” tab.
then there should be a new screen that says Import Existing Series On Disk enter the path /media/pi/Series&Pelis/TV_Shows then click the check box next to it.
Now you should be setup in Sonarr when you add a show Sonarr will put it in the TV_Shows directory in a folder with the TV show name for example
media/pi/Series&Pelis/TV_Shows/The Little Bang Hypothesis/

let me know if this worked.

Thanks!, I’ll try and let you know, as I said, I imported my entire external hard drive (that already had most of my series and seasons) and I was probably looking for the renamed files into a different place. I’ll gather all the information and check the logs and history for the downloads and will update this thread!
Kind regards!

WORKED!, like a charm!, now I’ve got all my series being downloaded to the appropiate folder, and then renamed and moved to their final destination, then imported into Plex and being deleted from the Deluge queue once they reach the 3.0 ratio, many thanks to all of you!

Good to hear…I hope you are not re-downloading every series you had.
If you move the old series folder “TVShowName” into the TV_Shows directory Sonarr has the capability to rename and place files in the correct season folders.
This is not as clear cut on how to do it but I managed to do it twice.

No, hahaha, I’m not redownloading!, I’ve marked to not Monitor anything but the incoming episodes :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.