Episode monitor flag (status) add-on for Kodi

Hi!

If somebody could make an add-on for Kodi that could use Sonarr’s EpisodeService: to set Monitored flag for Episodes:xxx to False after an episode been watched. That would be fantastic!

If there’s any interest in this I could help gather information needed to make this happen.

1 Like

I think that would be great. In Sonarr i have set most episodes to first download the HDTV en then the WEB-DL if available. It happens a lot that i watch an episode when it is still a HDTV rip. A day later the WEB-DL is downloaded and the status is unwatched again in Kodi.
With the add on this would be eliminated. The WEB-DL would be flagged as watched and a new download is not needed.

1 Like

Just for that reason i wanted it :heart_eyes:

I wrote a bash script that does that. Runs on the server sonarr is. Fetches the last 25 episodes on kodi using api, then filter by watched (play count >0) finally then using the sonarr api sets unmonitor. This prevents getting propers when you alrwady watched an episode.
Runs in Cron every hour, not very efficient but does the job.
I use it in the server because I have a firetv and to have bash there would mean to root the device, also the script uses jq binary to filter json.

Sounds like this is for linux? perhaps it can be converted, can you share it?

yes or OSX, windows maybe with cygwin can process the script.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.